FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was ever a time in your (or anyone's) life that you needed help from a foundation, would you ask where the money came from and who donated and how much? And when you find out some of it came from Hooter's would you decline the offer of help because of
who donated it?
Sorry can't relate to that! I always thought that is what families were for! I have never asked anyone for money either. I have always worked. Even after some lowlife killed my son, i didn't ever expect money from anyone, i worked! Have gone all through my life, independent. Some people don't have the luxury, even after their child is killed to receive money, they get a bit of grievance leave from work, and then they are expected to go back to work. I also had to pay $7,000 for my son's funeral out of my own pocket, no donations there!!! That is the harsh reality for a lot of folks that have had a child die.

BBM

Here is my belief on this.

The State of Florida wants to stick a needle in this freaks arm when it is all done and over.

We are probably looking at over a million dollar trial and that is not counting the million they have probably already spent on this.

As soon as he is charged the state has to turn over all the evidence they have on him and the clock is ticking on a speedy trial.

DNA does not prove Murder. JH can say yep I molested her but I did not kill her, someone else did.

They have tons of evidence that needs examined and tested.

The fact that JH is sitting in jail right now with no bond and it appears it will be years before he gets out gives the State of Florida a gift they usually do not have the luxury of, putting a solid case together.

If they jumped the gun and charged this guy and then he got out on some loop hole or tainted evidence from a rush job the People would be furious.

Last but not least, we have my signature line.

I agree with this 100%

They will let us know when the time is right.

Sorry can't relate to that! I always thought that is what families were for! I have never asked anyone for money either. I have always worked. Even after some lowlife killed my son, i didn't ever expect money from anyone, i worked! Have gone all through my life, independent. Some people don't have the luxury, even after their child is killed to receive money, they get a bit of grievance leave from work, and then they are expected to go back to work. I also had to pay $7,000 for my son's funeral out of my own pocket, no donations there!!! That is the harsh reality for a lot of folks that have had a child die.

I'm so sorry for your loss angels. Nobody should ever have to bury a child.

Most of the fundraisers for Somer's family have been put on by members of the community. IMO we can't fault the family for that.

This foundation kick off is not for the family's benefit, it's for the foundation's to help OTHER families.

I don't think we can judge any mother for how they handle things, even if it's different than how we did or would.

Here's how I see it:

When I donate money specifically to a fundraiser for a family, I expect the money to go right to them. There were many people who put on fundraisers for Diena and her family - she didn't ask for that.

If I donate to an organization or foundation - I donate to the cause not anyone specific.

An example - if I donate to Klasskids - I certainly don't expect my donation to go to any specific child.

Thank You for your honesty Angels and I am truly sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss angels. Nobody should ever have to bury a child.

Most of the fundraisers for Somer's family have been put on by members of the community. IMO we can't fault the family for that.

This foundation kick off is not for the family's benefit, it's for the foundation's to help OTHER families.

I don't think we can judge any mother for how they handle things, even if it's different than how we did or would.

Thankyou. And no, you are right, no one should ever have to bury a child or children, but many people have to, sadly. We are not given a choice in that.
I would never dream of judging any parent in how they deal with their tragic losses. There is no rulebook or timeline for grief, and how to deal with it. I am sure D.T. is doing the best she can under the circumstances, and even though as a mother you want to die too along with your child, you have to be strong for your other children. Sometimes you feel as if you are going to go crazy witth it all. I feel D.T. to be a strong person for what i have seen of her, and its all about survival. Bereaved parents are survivors. I don't know if i would have survived if it hadn't of been for TCF. The Compassionate Friends. A worldwide org. support group, for people following the death of a child under any circumstances at whatever age. You can join them and work with them if you want, as a volunteer, in loving memory of your child. They have newsletters published with beautiful remembrances for our children, fundraising events also for their centres. They are the most wonderful caring people you could ever hope to meet. Of course membership is only for bereaved parents. Something you would not want to join if given a choice.I am sorry if i offended anyone with the hooters thing, but there is a sacredness in the death of any child, from whatever reason and i just couldn't equate the two.
Sorry for being somewhat OT here.

BBM

Here is my belief on this.

The State of Florida wants to stick a needle in this freaks arm when it is all done and over.

We are probably looking at over a million dollar trial and that is not counting the million they have probably already spent on this.

As soon as he is charged the state has to turn over all the evidence they have on him and the clock is ticking on a speedy trial.

DNA does not prove Murder. JH can say yep I molested her but I did not kill her, someone else did.

They have tons of evidence that needs examined and tested.

The fact that JH is sitting in jail right now with no bond and it appears it will be years before he gets out gives the State of Florida a gift they usually do not have the luxury of, putting a solid case together.

If they jumped the gun and charged this guy and then he got out on some loop hole or tainted evidence from a rush job the People would be furious.

Last but not least, we have my signature line.

I'm not so sure about that, any significant evidence they had would have been processed by now. Unless some new source of evidence shows up, anything outstanding would likely be minor and not shift the case either way.

I must reiterate, that i think it is wonderful that the Thompson family received so much from the caring people in their community and possibly from outside of their community also. No one would ever begrudge them that. It just goes to show there is so much love and support when something like this happens. As it should be. Personally i hope she does get enough money to be a stay at home mother, if that is what she needs to do, so she can devote all her time to concentrate on her other children. Then again that is what i would wish for all mothers that want to be at home to raise their children. In fact i think the govt. should pay moms to stay home, because this is the most important job we will ever do in our lives, we are after all raising the future generation.

I'm not so sure about that, any significant evidence they had would have been processed by now. Unless some new source of evidence shows up, anything outstanding would likely be minor and not shift the case either way.

So what do you believe the deal is then?

I must reiterate, that i think it is wonderful that the Thompson family received so much from the caring people in their community and possibly from outside of their community also. No one would ever begrudge them that. It just goes to show there is so much love and support when something like this happens. As it should be. Personally i hope she does get enough money to be a stay at home mother, if that is what she needs to do, so she can devote all her time to concentrate on her other children. Then again that is what i would wish for all mothers that want to be at home to raise their children. In fact i think the govt. should pay moms to stay home, because this is the most important job we will ever do in our lives, we are after all raising the future generation.

Amen ... :bow:

ThankYou... her favorite backpack!

So Beautiful they are around that stage. Do i detect a koala on her backpack? I am an Aussie and love koalas, but they can be quite grumpy, especially when tourists flash their cameras at them when they are trying to sleep, LOL. This happened at The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane, Australia when we were there once.

So what do you believe the deal is then?

It's hard to say. The problem is that LE have no real incentive to say anything either way. If it is him, they can take their time proceeding with the case. And if it isn't him they have him on other stuff and it serves their interests for everyone to think that it is him since it would lull whoever else might have done it into a false sense of security.

It's hard to say. The problem is that LE have no real incentive to say anything either way. If it is him, they can take their time proceeding with the case. And if it isn't him they have him on other stuff and it serves their interests for everyone to think that it is him since it would lull whoever else might have done it into a false sense of security.

Then we come back to the statement made by Corey? Dr. Fess's signature quotation. Very puzzling.

Does anyone have a link to that particular statement made by Corey? I have never seen it before i saw it posted on here, so i don't know what scource it actually came from? TIA.

So Beautiful they are around that stage. Do i detect a koala on her backpack? I am an Aussie and love koalas, but they can be quite grumpy, especially when tourists flash their cameras at them when they are trying to sleep, LOL. This happened at The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary in Brisbane, Australia when we were there once.

OT/ A grumpy Koala? :cloud9: They are so adorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amelia65452