FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all - haven't posted on this thread in ages, but I've continued to follow the case closely.

First of all - a great big TY to all of you for keepin' on keepin' on! Somer deserves Justice!!!

Second of all, I would like to add my own :twocents: about the arrest of JH, and LE naming him a POI, but still not charging him with the murder, even after having him in custody after all this time.

IMO, if JH's DNA had been found on Somer or on anything that was found with her or near her that was directly related to her, he would have been charged with her murder by now.

Since he hasn't been charged, I'm led to believe that LE is still looking for some concrete evidence that can tie him to the murder.

IDK what LE found in the Gano house that led them to name him a POI, but it must not have been strong enough evidence to name him a suspect & charge him with the murder, otherwise they would have already done so.

IMO, they're still looking for the killer.

ETA: It's been 5 months since her murder. JH was arrested Feb. 11. His computer has been in LE's possession since August of '09. His last places of residence have been searched, evidence collected, processed, etc. I have no doubt LE has obtained a warrant to collect his DNA since arresting him last Feb. IMO, if there was solid evidence to link him to the murder & charge him accordingly, it would have been done by now.
I personally don't think they have enough on J.H. either, to charge him in Somer's death. I doubt they would have a ton of evidence either, apart from perhaps the time consuming task of searching through? however many computers. I am sure all their DNA is back by now too. What other evidence they would have i just don't know, but if he was the killer, then i'm sure they would know and would of said by now.L.E that is! If? this was a rape/murder, then DNA would be a match, even if J.H. did rape her, that would be undeniable from DNA. If he admits to that, and not the murder, then i am sure that would be a huge deal for L.E. and they would have added that charge along with the other previous charges, JMO.

I think its great that this charitable event is happening for children that have fallen victim to these sex crimes, and their families. It certainly gives the families something positive to focus on in memory of their children. I must say reading through these posts, the hooters thing is" inappropriate", and an after party? This event is for child victims ultimately isn't it?
What are they going to do with the donations to help families?

What the heck is wrong with Hooters sponsoring any thing and what in the heck is wrong with a party after the concert. Do you have any idea how many of the big children charities have cocktail parties for fund raisers?

Has anyone thought to look into the charitable organizations Hooters has dontated to in the past. I think you might be surprised how many groups have accepted their money. There is nothing illegal about Hooters money.

They have told us that the funds we generate in this effort will provide over 300,000 meals for hungry victims, especially children. That is a tangible benefit that makes our Operators and Franchisees proud," concluded McNeil.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-effort-through-stop-hunger-now-82951437.html

I personally don't think they have enough on J.H. either, to charge him in Somer's death. I doubt they would have a ton of evidence either, apart from perhaps the time consuming task of searching through? however many computers. I am sure all their DNA is back by now too. What other evidence they would have i just don't know, but if he was the killer, then i'm sure they would know and would of said by now.L.E that is! If? this was a rape/murder, then DNA would be a match, even if J.H. did rape her, that would be undeniable from DNA. If he admits to that, and not the murder, then i am sure that would be a huge deal for L.E. and they would have added that charge along with the other previous charges, JMO.

How much garbage on each side of her in the dump do you think they took?

Why would they even want to waste their time and money on a charge like that when they know he murdered her?

BBM

Here is my belief on this.

The State of Florida wants to stick a needle in this freaks arm when it is all done and over.

We are probably looking at over a million dollar trial and that is not counting the million they have probably already spent on this.

As soon as he is charged the state has to turn over all the evidence they have on him and the clock is ticking on a speedy trial.

DNA does not prove Murder. JH can say yep I molested her but I did not kill her, someone else did.

They have tons of evidence that needs examined and tested.

The fact that JH is sitting in jail right now with no bond and it appears it will be years before he gets out gives the State of Florida a gift they usually do not have the luxury of, putting a solid case together.

If they jumped the gun and charged this guy and then he got out on some loop hole or tainted evidence from a rush job the People would be furious.

Last but not least, we have my signature line.

Dr. Feds (lol) - I think you have nailed the most important reasons. I have no doubt this will be a murder one charge and has to be proven to the jury 'beyond all reasonable doubt'. That is not an easy task, especially when the perp is so young. I think another blogger suggested it would behoove the state to wait until he was found guilty of 'lewd and lascivious' acts with a child along with all his *advertiser censored* charges before being charged with murder. Something about the jury would be more easily convinced.

We all want closure to this case, but we don't want JH to get off on any kind of technecality and sometimes that takes being somewhat obsessive about things. moo

I agree with you Doc about the Hooters money.

If this company wants to sponser and give to the Somer foundation, why not????

Hooters is a legal business that all types of people go to/eat at. IMO

Here are some quick facts about Hooters that are interesting.

From this link: http://www.hooters.com/Didyouknow.aspx

Snipped to the ones I thought might be on topic for this thread.....

•The first Hooters opened in Clearwater, FL on October 4, 1983. Hooters celebrated the 25th Anniversary with a $25,000 giveaway to customers on the 25th of every month in 2008.
•The Hooters Community Endowment Fund (HOO.C.E.F) is the 9th largest corporate endowment fund in Georgia and has contributed over $8 million to local and national charities since its inception in 1992.
•Hooters established a $2 Million research grant with the V Foundation for Cancer Research in the name of former Hooters Calendar Girl and manager, Kelly Jo Dowd, who passed away from the disease in 2006.

IMO they do a lot of great things.

Here are some quick facts about Hooters that are interesting.

From this link: http://www.hooters.com/Didyouknow.aspx

Snipped to the ones I thought might be on topic for this thread.....

•The first Hooters opened in Clearwater, FL on October 4, 1983. Hooters celebrated the 25th Anniversary with a $25,000 giveaway to customers on the 25th of every month in 2008.
•The Hooters Community Endowment Fund (HOO.C.E.F) is the 9th largest corporate endowment fund in Georgia and has contributed over $8 million to local and national charities since its inception in 1992.
•Hooters established a $2 Million research grant with the V Foundation for Cancer Research in the name of former Hooters Calendar Girl and manager, Kelly Jo Dowd, who passed away from the disease in 2006.

IMO they do a lot of great things.

They might be charitable and wonderful in that respect, but I wouldn't walk in one...I do believe they exploit women. MOO JMO

They might be charitable and wonderful in that respect, but I wouldn't walk in one...I do believe they exploit women. MOO JMO

In a way I agree with you eyes...I've never been to one either.

If you think about it, it's just girls in short shorts and tight shirts. I see that at Wal-Mart. lol

Those women choose to work there. If they are being exploited, they are exploiting themselves IMO. I feel the same way about strip clubs. Those woman choose to dance and it's a legal job.

Now, if we are wondering if it's appropriate for Somer's foundation, I just don't see why not.

IMO Hooters wanted to give to the foundation because it's a case in Florida. They were founded in Clearwater, FL. I think they are trying to help the local community by giving back.

If they are willing to put up money to sponser this concert, why would the foundation turn it down? Besides the fact they wear short shorts and tight shirts.

In a way I agree with you eyes...I've never been to one either.

If you think about it, it's just girls in short shorts and tight shirts. I see that at Wal-Mart. lol

Those women choose to work there. If they are being exploited, they are exploiting themselves IMO. I feel the same way about strip clubs. Those woman choose to dance and it's a legal job.

Now, if we are wondering if it's appropriate for Somer's foundation, I just don't see why not.

IMO Hooters wanted to give to the foundation because it's a case in Florida. They were founded in Clearwater, FL. I think they are trying to help the local community by giving back.

If they are willing to put up money to sponser this concert, why would the foundation turn it down? Besides the fact they wear short shorts and tight shirts.

Kimberly - please don't misunderstand - In no way should any organization turn money down, and it is very generous of Hooters to be so charitable - all I said is that I would never walk in one, nor would my daughter. If the men in my life want to visit, that's up to them. Just explaining my personal feelings about it. honest, that's all!

Thanks Kimberly for the input. Its just my instincts that are swaying me in a different direction.

Maybe the fact that Hooters is a sponsor for the event of a child who was possibly murdered by a sex offender, maybe its the fact that there will be an "after-party" - I'm having a hard time with that one! I just think it is in poor taste.

Whats the six month mark going to bring? What events are planned then? Will the mom be back to work by then? Will someone finally be CHARGED with this murder by that time? Somers birthday is coming up soon isn't it? How is the family going to honor her on the big day if the mom hasn't even visited her grave yet (as stated in an interview).

Its all very bothersome.

BBM

Really what difference does it make when she goes back to work or if she ever does?

I can think of a million different ways the family can honor her with out stepping into a graveyard.

BBM

Really what difference does it make when she goes back to work or if she ever does?

I can think of a million different ways the family can honor her with out stepping into a graveyard.

:applause: :woohoo: :aktion033:

Thanks Kimberly for the input. Its just my instincts that are swaying me in a different direction.

Maybe the fact that Hooters is a sponsor for the event of a child who was possibly murdered by a sex offender, maybe its the fact that there will be an "after-party" - I'm having a hard time with that one! I just think it is in poor taste.

Whats the six month mark going to bring? What events are planned then? Will the mom be back to work by then? Will someone finally be CHARGED with this murder by that time? Somers birthday is coming up soon isn't it? How is the family going to honor her on the big day if the mom hasn't even visited her grave yet (as stated in an interview).

Its all very bothersome.

Whether or not she goes back to work is none of our business.

How they chose to honor Somer again is not our business.

Why she hasn't visited the grave quite frankly is no one's concern. I'm sure there are
many reason's why for which we are NOT entitled to an answer. Will I be condemned
if I tell you that I have not visited my deceased sisters grave since her passing in January?
Again, there are many reasons why. In MY opinion no one should be condemning the family for not coming out and telling us EVERY detail of their life. We are not entitled to it!!

What the heck is wrong with Hooters sponsoring any thing and what in the heck is wrong with a party after the concert. Do you have any idea how many of the big children charities have cocktail parties for fund raisers?

Has anyone thought to look into the charitable organizations Hooters has dontated to in the past. I think you might be surprised how many groups have accepted their money. There is nothing illegal about Hooters money.

They have told us that the funds we generate in this effort will provide over 300,000 meals for hungry victims, especially children. That is a tangible benefit that makes our Operators and Franchisees proud," concluded McNeil.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-effort-through-stop-hunger-now-82951437.html
What? For kids that have been murdered?and possibly raped? Like a prior post on here, i just think it's in poor taste! For this kind of fundraiser anyway. And i never said hooters money was illegal either FYI.
And how disgusting in a country like the grand old USofA, that kids have to go hungry anyway, that is freakin pathetic, and a disgrace to america, far as i'm concerned! That anyone here should have to go hungry in this land of the grand is beyond comprehension.
I really don't care, "whatever floats your boat"!

How much garbage on each side of her in the dump do you think they took?

Why would they even want to waste their time and money on a charge like that when they know he murdered her?

Probably not much, seeing as there was so much of it! It was probably all mixed up in a big heap i would imagine. You seem pretty sure that J.H. murdered Somer. I am not, there has been nothing really to say to me he definitely did it yet!

whether or not she goes back to work is none of our business.

How they chose to honor somer again is not our business.

Why she hasn't visited the grave quite frankly is no one's concern. I'm sure there are
many reason's why for which we are not entitled to an answer. Will i be condemned
if i tell you that i have not visited my deceased sisters grave since her passing in january?
Again, there are many reasons why. In my opinion no one should be condemning the family for not coming out and telling us every detail of their life. We are not entitled to it!!

stamp!

What? For kids that have been murdered?and possibly raped? Like a prior post on here, i just think it's in poor taste! For this kind of fundraiser anyway. And i never said hooters money was illegal either FYI.
And how disgusting in a country like the grand old USofA, that kids have to go hungry anyway, that is freakin pathetic, and a disgrace to america, far as i'm concerned! That anyone here should have to go hungry in this land of the grand is beyond comprehension.
I really don't care, "whatever floats your boat"!

If there was ever a time in your (or anyone's) life that you needed help from a foundation, would you ask where the money came from and who donated and how much? And when you find out some of it came from Hooter's would you decline the offer of help because of
who donated it?

If there was ever a time in your (or anyone's) life that you needed help from a foundation, would you ask where the money came from and who donated and how much? And when you find out some of it came from Hooter's would you decline the offer of help because of
who donated it?

I wouldn't.

who donated it?

Nope, I would keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members