FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/22919818/detail.html

The concerts will last from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m at Mavericks at The Landing. They are free, and donations are requested.

mommy******** 53 minutes ago
There are some discrepancies in that article...the admission for all is $20 and the concert will be held in the courtyard at the Jacksonville Landing. All proceeds go toward the Somer Thompson Foundation, which will aide other victims who will unfortunately experience the same pain as Diena and her family. More will be released the night of the event.

There seems to be confusion on where exactly the concert will be held, what it costs (if anything) and who the money is going to (Somer Thompson Foundation or 50/50 to Somer Thompson Foundation/Justice Coalition) but at least they are in agreement on the date. ;)

From a more reliable source: http://somerjam.com/?page_id=46 (no mention of admisstion cost or donations ... )

About

Date: March 27, 2010
Time: 3:00 – 11:00 pm
Meet & Greet: Mavericks at the Landing

Event Details

Date: March 27, 2010
Time: 3:00 - 11:00 pm
Meet & Greet: Mavericks at the Landing

SCHEDULE:
3:00-3:45- Fit For Rivals
4:15-5:00- Something Distant
5:30-6:15- Hollywood LoveScene
6:45-7:30-Shawn Fisher & the Jukebox Gypsies
8:00-8:45-Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
9:15-10:45-Molly Hatchet

I'm not sure Diena will be the spokesperson. (for the Somer Thompson Foundation)

I'm not sure Diena will be the spokesperson. (for the Somer Thompson Foundation)

I'm not sure she will be the spokesperson either Noway. She may be IDK.

But, I'm sure she will have a HUGE part in the foundation named after her baby.

You and I see things differently there, Kimberly, but we'll have to wait and see what it's all about and how it all works out over the years.

She is so distraught right now that she cannot even visit Somer's grave (or at some point said this). I think it would be in her best interest to get herself healthy and then jump into the missing/murdered child arena. And the same with her children.

I think George and Cindy did it too fast and I think Diena did too.

ETA
I think being involved with helping families of missing/murdered children will bring back the horror and she will be back to square one in dealing with it if she doesn't get herself to a good place in her life first.

(again this is all making sense in my head)

Dropping by to post so this precious angel will be at the top of the list where she belongs!!

Bump..........

Oh, and Chee - I giggle every time I see your avatar along with your sig line.

I was searching for news of any kind to post. I should just 'bump' like the rest of you. :) Thanks, Kimberly.

FDLE: Harrell Case Takes Time
March 24, 2010 7:36 PM
<snipped>
The Florida Department of Law Enforcement continues to work the Jarred Harrell case.

Dominick Pape with the FDLE says every computer that they believe he's ever used is viewed as possible evidence. "To do a good forensic examination takes a lot of time," said Pape

He's due in court for pre-trial motions next month.

Article:
http://wokv.com/localnews/2010/03/fdle-harrell-case-takes-time.html

:angel:

I don't want to hear anymore about JH's computers-I want to know if they have DNA or anything to link him to Somer's death!! My hopes are fading-just like in the Neveah Buchanan case.

These cases are so @#%& frustrating!

ETA-not directing this at you Angel Who Cares, thank you so much for all the good work you do at WS by posting media releases relating to many cases. The media coverage posted all in one place on the Haleigh case is what led me to WS. You are truly an asset and words are not enough!!

Hi all - haven't posted on this thread in ages, but I've continued to follow the case closely.

First of all - a great big TY to all of you for keepin' on keepin' on! Somer deserves Justice!!!

Second of all, I would like to add my own :twocents: about the arrest of JH, and LE naming him a POI, but still not charging him with the murder, even after having him in custody after all this time.

IMO, if JH's DNA had been found on Somer or on anything that was found with her or near her that was directly related to her, he would have been charged with her murder by now.

Since he hasn't been charged, I'm led to believe that LE is still looking for some concrete evidence that can tie him to the murder.

IDK what LE found in the Gano house that led them to name him a POI, but it must not have been strong enough evidence to name him a suspect & charge him with the murder, otherwise they would have already done so.

IMO, they're still looking for the killer.

ETA: It's been 5 months since her murder. JH was arrested Feb. 11. His computer has been in LE's possession since August of '09. His last places of residence have been searched, evidence collected, processed, etc. I have no doubt LE has obtained a warrant to collect his DNA since arresting him last Feb. IMO, if there was solid evidence to link him to the murder & charge him accordingly, it would have been done by now.

Somer Thompson Foundation

http://www.jacksonvillelanding.com/...thompson-foundation-kick-off-benefit-concert/

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=70414176&blogId=531109800

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22919818/detail.html

And a little bird brought this to my attention:

At 3 p.m., they kick off Somer Jam, a benefit concert led by classic Southern rockers Molly Hatchet and the Middleburg-bred pop-punk band Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. Also on the bill are Shawn Fisher and the Jukebox Gypsies, a Jacksonville band signed with Universal Republic, plus Something Distant and Hollywood LoveScene. It benefits the Somer Thompson Foundation, which works to raise awareness about protecting children from sexual predators, as well as to support victims' families.

More at link

Does this mean that Somer was abducted and murdered by a sexual predator?

According to some of the local news sites a lot of people are fed up with these fundraisers for the Thompson family.

I was going to donate in the beginning, and then as I watched the story unfold, and began reading more about this case, I am glad I didn't. Not because of Somer, but because something just wasn't quite right.

There are a lot of unanswered questions I have about this. There is always some truth in all the rumors. I personally won't attend the event, nor will I give one red cent toward this "foundation".

I will however find another worthy and legitimate cause to make a donation to...perhaps in memory of Somer.

I hope you all dont see this as being heartless, but there are just my honest feelings. I will be the first to celebrate when there is Justice for Somer, finally.

According to some of the local news sites a lot of people are fed up with these fundraisers for the Thompson family.

I was going to donate in the beginning, and then as I watched the story unfold, and began reading more about this case, I am glad I didn't. Not because of Somer, but because something just wasn't quite right.

There are a lot of unanswered questions I have about this. There is always some truth in all the rumors. I personally won't attend the event, nor will I give one red cent toward this "foundation".

I will however find another worthy and legitimate cause to make a donation to...perhaps in memory of Somer.

I hope you all dont see this as being heartless, but there are just my honest feelings. I will be the first to celebrate when there is Justice for Somer, finally.

I understand what you are saying about all the fundraisers.
But, this one is different IMO.

All the ones before (as I understand it) were to benefit the Thompson family.

This one is the kick off for the foundation.
I think this is a great shift in what has been going on. And, IMO that's a good thing.

Noway pointed out in the above post what the funds donated to the foundation would be going to. Unlike, just a "for the family" type thing.

What local news sites? Do you have a link to them?

What wasn't quite right?

What are some of your "unanswered" questions?

Thanks Kimberly for the input. Its just my instincts that are swaying me in a different direction.

Maybe the fact that Hooters is a sponsor for the event of a child who was possibly murdered by a sex offender, maybe its the fact that there will be an "after-party" - I'm having a hard time with that one! I just think it is in poor taste.

Whats the six month mark going to bring? What events are planned then? Will the mom be back to work by then? Will someone finally be CHARGED with this murder by that time? Somers birthday is coming up soon isn't it? How is the family going to honor her on the big day if the mom hasn't even visited her grave yet (as stated in an interview).

Its all very bothersome.

What local news sites? Do you have a link to them?

What wasn't quite right?

What are some of your "unanswered" questions?

Jax 4 for one, the latest story about the fundraiser, read the comments.

EVERYTHING isnt quite right to me about this story, that is just my personal opinion.

It would take me an eternity to list all the questions I have, but im sure they will filter out one by one. It depends on what we are allowed to discuss on here, I guess.

I think the way the funds of a foundation are handled are overseen. Unlike just a bucket you drop money into for the family.

IMO I would have done both. Maybe I'm just looking at it in a different way.

As to when she will go back to work or visit the grave, I have no clue.
I don't think there is a correct way or a proper timeline to grieve a child. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8