FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #39

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have searched high and low for that photo the Sheriff mentioned with the K9 @ the Gano house. I see lots of K9 photos but haven't come across the one showing that house.

I have been looking too.

I have searched high and low for that photo the Sheriff mentioned with the K9 @ the Gano house. I see lots of K9 photos but haven't come across the one showing that house.

Have you looked at Amanda's PB at all?

I know the regulars don't need this link, but there are bound to be a lot of new people checking in....

The story in pictures:
http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...er Thompson/

Hello everyone. IDK what to say. Its too sad for words.

They got him.

But there is nothing to celebrate.

I hope he suffers for eternity.
The only celebration i see is that there has been an arrest for Somer's killer, and that he will never hurt another child again. But like i have said before, it is cold comfort i'm sure for Somer's family, they will never see Somer again in this life, and are still in the very early days of their grief.
Then there is still a trial i would think? Isn't it law that everyone is to be tried fairly in a court of law, as per the constitution?

The only celebration i see is that there has been an arrest for Somer's killer, and that he will never hurt another child again. But like i have said before, it is cold comfort i'm sure for Somer's family, they will never see Somer again in this life, and are still in the very early days of their grief.
Then there is still a trial i would think? Isn't it law that everyone is to be tried fairly in a court of law, as per the constitution?

BBM

Yes, it's still ahead.
I don't know how the family will be able to sit through that.
Very sad.

BBM

Yes, it's still ahead.
I don't know how the family will be able to sit through that.

Very sad.

It is very sad, and i couldn't sit through that ordeal that's for sure. I have been trying to find news on all of this, and especially if they have DNA evidence. DNA evidence usually drives the nail into their coffin if they are guilty, as they say DNA doesn't lie. I wonder if they have some forensic evidence too? I guess we will find out as things progress.

They mentioned DNA at the presser.

Snipped from the above link:

I can tell you that in order to get to this point investigators have relied on statements from witnesses, admissions from the defendant, DNA technology results and evidence that Harrell was at the location on Gano Avenue when Somer disappeared along with other evidence.

So sorry everyone - 20/20 didn't have any spot on Somer so either I got the info messed up or my friend wanted me to watch the spot on cats! lol

I thought it was a little to soon for a spot.

Now that the monster is caught everyone in the community should breathe a sigh of relief, but the danger is not over.

For each monster caught there is still a number of them preying on children, waiting for the next opportunity when a innocent child would walk to them and strike a conversation.

IMO, anyone who does what the did SHOULD get the death penalty. No buts about it.

Now that the monster is caught everyone in the community should breathe a sigh of relief, but the danger is not over.

For each monster caught there is still a number of them preying on children, waiting for the next opportunity when a innocent child would walk to them and strike a conversation.

IMO, anyone who does what the did SHOULD get the death penalty. No buts about it.

:applause: I totally agree.
Good news is THIS one will not hurt another child.

I dont blame anyone for celebrating his being charged. It is a wonderful thing. I am happy he cant hurt anyone else. But the thoughts of what she went through make me so sick.

Thanks to all of you for hanging in here...

Ok, y'all. It's bed time. Gotta tournament very early tomorrow.

I just wanted to mention something before I go...I have come to know so many of you over the past few months because of our love for Somer.
We may not always agree, but we are here for Somer.

It's a good day.

I'm so thankful.

This is so true, for everyone that is caught there are still too many out there. It is obvious no child is safe out there, and parents have to take every possible measure to make sure their children are not in harms way. It is just a terribly sad fact of life nowadays, and has been like this for a long time. As much as we want to believe it is otherwise, it is not.

Ok, y'all. It's bed time. Gotta tournament very early tomorrow.

I just wanted to mention something before I go...I have come to know so many of you over the past few months because of our love for Somer.
We may not always agree, but we are here for Somer.

It's a good day.

I'm so thankful.

Take Care, and enjoy your tournament :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads