FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
all a person has to do is go back and look at NEW1's post to see what she/he is about. I found something about the foundation yesterday let me go see if i can find it again.

all a person has to do is go back and look at NEW1's post to see what she/he is about. I found something about the foundation yesterday let me go see if i can find it again.

Thank you, Feistygurl. I would have thought that the kickoff would have had information about the Foundation. I appreciate it.

ETA
My DUH! I guess you had to be there to get a flyer or something about the foundation.

Ripley,
text removed as the "quoted" material therein is not direct quotes

How in the world could anyone hear or read those statements and have any other opinion about the mom than that she loved her daughter deeply and is only expressing her grief in her own way?

This is my final comment regarding this particular matter as I do not want the mods to feel a need to remind us all for the millionth time that it is INAPPROPRIATE for posters to comment / pick apart family members statements or behavior when they are not suspects.

New1 was responding to a poster who has some unflattering views/opinions of DT

I think some who read New's post thought they were meant in an unflattering way, they were in fact the opposite.

Finit. I will not continue on with this exchange because I think it was a stray comment by a newbie and a regular who tried to explain some of the rules we live/post by here and it spiralled out of control and has already eaten up way more of this thread than is useful or worthwhile.

oy, can we get back on track here? I want to know what we are going to do to make it more a priority to PREVENT these sickos from raping and murdering our nations children. I want to know when it is going to become a priority to fund LE in tracking down and then prosecuting these guys BEFORE they start to murder. It frustrates me to no end that it took as long as it did for forensics to be performed on the freak's computer. Can you imagine, if LE had the budget to get things analysed in a timely fashion, rather than having to wait weeks, months etc?

I think JH murdered Somer to keep her from telling on him ... not that his obsession with child *advertiser censored* escalated to the point of murder.

I don't have the link, but someone posted, and it was discussed, that it was very rare for someone with the child *advertiser censored* obsession to kill. That is paraphrased.

wow, I would really like to see that link to that report. I had always through reading and cops shows been lead to believe that child predators often start out with child *advertiser censored* and the urges become stronger and stronger to act upon those fantasies through repeated exposure to the *advertiser censored*.

I agree that child *advertiser censored* leads to action.
I also agree Somer was killed to prevent her from telling on him.
I think, as he was committing the horrible act on Somer, murdering her was the fartherest thing from his mind.
I believe it was after he did what he did, he knew a 7 year old that lived in the area could tell exactly who did it. I think that is why he killed her.

All she would have to say is the man that lives in that house where the white dog lives.
You know?

OT but if the mods find anything wrong, disrespectful, etc. with my recent posts I have no problem with them being removed from the thread. Once more it seems my wish to mediate amongst posters and keep things kind and civil may have backfired upon me, lol. I suppose I need to accept that things will not always be peaceful and respectful and step back, shut my mouth, and let the experts handle things.

:shakehead:

So now, we have an innocent life lost and he is in jail.
That's what he wanted to prevent by killing her. I guess he thought he would get away with it.
All because of his perversion, Somer is no longer able to live a life.

I say fry him.

oy, can we get back on track here? I want to know what we are going to do to make it more a priority to PREVENT these sickos from raping and murdering our nations children. I want to know when it is going to become a priority to fund LE in tracking down and then prosecuting these guys BEFORE they start to murder. It frustrates me to no end that it took as long as it did for forensics to be performed on the freak's computer. Can you imagine, if LE had the budget to get things analysed in a timely fashion, rather than having to wait weeks, months etc?
Maybe we all need to rally together for this and maybe demand government funding in areas that are so vital and necessary. Get onto our local members of govt. to take it to Washington! Good grief, they can certainly squander tax payers money on useless things, then why not for something as important as this!

Until they realize that child preditors can not be changed, it will never end.
IMO there is no reason a RSO that has commited acts upon a child should be walking our streets.
I say 1 strike, you're out. Or rather in. In jail forever. No excuses, no second chances.

john walsh said president obama promised to make our childrens safety top priority. john walsh said it should be in front of health care.

On New1's post. I read that she was just pointing out some things in response to Riley's post. I personally didn't find anything offensive in it! In fact she was making her statement in defense of D.T. is how i understood it.
Maybe people need to be a bit less critical of others comments and let the mods sort it out. JMO.

Ok, I'm just gonna sit on my hands for a while.
lol

I say remove child predators far far away from the rest of society! Why should people's hard earnt tax dollars fund any of these monsters. Drop them to some very isolated place, let them sort life out amongst themselves, hey, and if they survive they do, but if not, well.... All we'll be up for then is the cost of the fuel to get them to their new destination and that will be it!

But I think with President Obama's help, he's going to send that message to the states that you need to be compliant with The Adam Walsh Act. We will give you the money but you have to step up to the plate. You have to offer some money. You have to help us set up this viable sex offender registry in your state, level three only, the really most violent. Catch them, help prosecute them, and you, as a state, are going to have to pick up part of the tab to monitor your sex offenders. It is a reasonable tab.

But every study shows that the closer you monitor sex offenders, the earlier you catch them when they're not compliant, when they've cut the ankle bracelet off or they run, you'll not only save lives, which is the most important thing, you'll save millions of dollars in future costs of prosecution, the terrible toll that it costs victims. So to take that tough bite now and be compliant with The Adam Walsh Act, states will get federal money and they will save money in the future and they certainly will save lives

http://www.thedeadbolt.com/news/107197/john_walsh_americas_most_wanted_1000th_episode_interview.php

snipped

oh i agree I'm not saying President Obama will do it I am saying Walsh is pushing for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPParadise