FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monma, I thought that was a winn dixie, walgreens being out on the corner towards kingsley. Hubby tells me there is some kind of private club right there on that corner....I need to go look

Curious if this private club is associated with the bar that is now closed.
The bar the one guy said he worked and gave the correct phone number, however failed to inform it was no longer open?

I think that info is way back in the beginning of today's thread.

BTW-- Thanks for all the informative posts here. :)

I believe they said they questioned an RSO named George Vinson. They also seized a car and truck from the business that George's brother owns. (Which just happens to be the contractor business that is working on that 'abandoned' house)

(I think I got that right, I'm in the other room listening)

OK, the street that goes into the ball park is Fromhart St.....When I do the google map, the light pole is right there in front of the sign, so I cannot see what the name of that little shop is....dang it!!

Oh wow. I hope this pans out. It fits really well. SO associated with the business working on the house? It merges both main schools of thought.

Can someone tell me why you are thinking dumpster instead of residence? Have to pick up someone and will be back later ... will attempt map as requested. It's hit and miss with me.

Noway... some are thinking that there is a weight limit to residence area of containers... so next would be like a mid dumpster at a store etc that gets cleaned out reg. to me anyway .. this is my opinion I have thought and posted as such.. I can't blame anyone else.. lol sorry it's my fault.. I am will not rule out residence pickup but just expanding.. well... thinking of astros thread.. so to hook together I would say at a store or small place of business with mid dumpsters and a worker selling stuff... that knows the perp..

the name was Vinson. Contracting / construction company that was doing the renovations on the burned house. Co. owned by Vinson, has a brother named George that was arrested and charged with sex crime against a child in 1999. Brother has done work at the burned house but according to sister said he was at the house a few months ago - still means he KNEW about that house. LE questioned both brothers on Thursday and are still questioning George today (on Friday).

It's VINSON

http://offender.fdle.state.fl.us/offender/flyer.do?personId=5693

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=147122&catid=338

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Vinson Design and Build is the construction company working on the vacant home at 1080 Gano Ave. in Orange Park, according to Clay County public records.

James Vinson owns the company. According to the Florida Department of law Enforcement sexual offender website, Vinson's brother George Vinson, who works for his brother, is a registered sexual offender.

I believe they said they questioned an RSO named George Vincent. They also seized a car and truck from the business that George's brother owns. (Which just happens to be the contractor business that is working on that 'abandoned' house)

(I think I got that right, I'm in the other room listening)

oh thank you badme .. so glad you caught that.. you are calmer than me.. I just get so excited and do not ever get all the info.. I wish I wasn't like this. I am terrible in emergency situations... thanks again...

It's VINSON

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/special/somer/news-article.aspx?storyid=147122&catid=338

JACKSONVILLE, FL -- Vinson Design and Build is the construction company working on the vacant home at 1080 Gano Ave. in Orange Park, according to Clay County public records.

James Vinson owns the company. According to the Florida Department of law Enforcement sexual offender website, Vinson's brother George Vinson, who works for his brother, is a registered sexual offender.

OMG...... THAT SOB is smiling in his picture... :furious::furious::furious:

Noway... some are thinking that there is a weight limit to residence area of containers... so next would be like a mid dumpster at a store etc that gets cleaned out reg. to me anyway .. this is my opinion I have thought and posted as such.. I can't blame anyone else.. lol sorry it's my fault.. I am will not rule out residence pickup but just expanding.. well... thinking of astros thread.. so to hook together I would say at a store or small place of business with mid dumpsters and a worker selling stuff... that knows the perp..

Even if there are weight limits, they probably aren't strictly enforced. When I was growing up a lot of the sanitation men were kids from the neighborhood, so most people would leave out waterbottles on hot summer mornings, give the guys christmas presents to say thanks, etc., and in return they'd pretty much throw away anything. I think how strictly the rules are enforced has a lot to do with the relationship and the sanitation men themselves. JMO :)

It's VINSON

yep, looked at him yesterday...now I have to figure out why!

I looked up the crime he was convicted of:

800.04 Lewdly Fondle Or Assault, Commit Or Simulate Sexual Acts On Or In Presence Of A Child Under 16 In A Lewd, Lascivious Or Indecent Manner
A person who:

(1) Handles, fondles, or assaults any child under the age of 16 years in a lewd, lascivious, or indecent manner;

(2) Commits actual or simulated sexual intercourse, deviate sexual intercourse, sexual bestiality, masturbation, sadomasochistic abuse, actual lewd exhibition of the genitals, or any act or conduct which simulates that sexual battery is being or will be committed upon any child under the age of 16 years or forces or entices the child to commit any such act;

(3) Commits an act defined as sexual battery under s. 794.011(1)(h) upon any child under the age of 16 years; or

(4) Knowingly commits any lewd or lascivious act in the presence of any child under the age of 16 years, without committing the crime of sexual battery, commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. Neither the victim's lack of chastity nor the victim's consent is a defense to the crime proscribed by this section. A mother's breastfeeding of her baby does not under any circumstance violate this section.

...You know, they are lumping a lot of things into ONE charge. IMO these different elements should be separate crimes. Might result in longer sentences.

"Commits actual ... sexual intercourse ... with a child under 16." I think that crime should be called "Rape of a child" not "lewd acts...etc." Lets call it like it is.

ok both area's would be good to look into.. both have mid size dumpsters emptied reg basis on a reg day.. dh would be emptied at work on tues. morn so he would take our trash . we live in country so no local pickup..

also. both would have maybe a female friend working at selling stuff at stores and kids would be around.. as per astro thread also..

I am going to go look at winn dixie.. but walgreens is so much closer to gona ave tho .. wonder about real estate offices close to either store.???
I do think there is a real estate store located on the corner of Solomon and kingsley, that is now closed up....we searched beside there, and I think it was a real estate office. Solomon off of Kingsley is a dead end road, there is a foot/ankle dr on one side of it, and the real estate office opposite....let me double check that....

800.04 Lewdly Fondle Or Assault, Commit Or Simulate Sexual Acts On Or In Presence Of A Child Under 16 In A Lewd, Lascivious Or Indecent Manner
A person who:

(1) Handles, fondles, or assaults any child under the age of 16 years in a lewd, lascivious, or indecent manner;

(2) Commits actual or simulated sexual intercourse, deviate sexual intercourse, sexual bestiality, masturbation, sadomasochistic abuse, actual lewd exhibition of the genitals, or any act or conduct which simulates that sexual battery is being or will be committed upon any child under the age of 16 years or forces or entices the child to commit any such act;

(3) Commits an act defined as sexual battery under s. 794.011(1)(h) upon any child under the age of 16 years; or

(4) Knowingly commits any lewd or lascivious act in the presence of any child under the age of 16 years, without committing the crime of sexual battery, commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. Neither the victim's lack of chastity nor the victim's consent is a defense to the crime proscribed by this section. A mother's breastfeeding of her baby does not under any circumstance violate this section.

...You know, they are lumping a lot of things into ONE charge. IMO these different elements should be separate crimes. Might result in longer sentences.

"Commits actual ... sexual intercourse ... with a child under 16." I think that crime should be called "Rape of a child" not "lewd acts...etc." Lets call it like it is.

That would be one thing to get the Laws changed on.. If someone is to try to get these monsters off the streets forever then it has to be a tight Law wrote with NO Loop Holes.. This is where things get lost cause Laws are spec. wrote..

A person who:

Why was I looking at him yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought I had made a connection, pulled him up, then though Nah, he lives to far away.
Dangit...I can't remember what the connection was.

I do think there is a real estate store located on the corner of Solomon and kingsley, that is now closed up....we searched beside there, and I think it was a real estate office. Solomon off of Kingsley is a dead end road, there is a foot/ankle dr on one side of it, and the real estate office opposite....let me double check that....

Cam have you read the latest about the worker at house on gano ave?? he is a rso and works for his brother.. I looked up design office. its in jacksonville,, across the bridge from orange park..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025