FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been 100% behind Somer's mom. I have cried with her while watching some of the videos. That being said I just saw a video of her on TV that made me do a double take. At least I think it was her. The woman I am talking about was holding a candle while they sang "You are my Sunshine" at one of the vigils. Her hair was perfect and she had ribbons and decorations in it that looked like she was at a party. It seemed so inappropriate to be in a party mood so soon after losing her daughter. (reminds me of Darlie Routier). I have felt her tears were genuine and my heart ached for her. Maybe it was another woman and I just thought it was her. I want someone to tell me this isn't the same woman I saw a couple of days ago.

Do I think Somer's mom did this? No.

Do I think Somer's mom's reaction is unusual? I have no idea. I don't think anyone could ever say how they would react in this situation.

Do I think Somer's mom knows more about this than she's telling? Maybe.

When Darlie Routier's sons were killed, people absolutely crucified her reactions in the press. The POLICE made a big deal about her reaction, same thing with Susan Smith. The POLICE made a big deal about her reaction and the no tears thing. The POLICE made a big deal about Casey Anthony's reaction in the press.

So do I think that Ripley007 is wrong for being suspect of the mother? No. The POLICE in so many other cases have pointed out the REACTIONS in the press that I don't think it's strange at all for people to be suspicious.

Do I think it's always better to suspect everyone? Yes.

just curious.....anyone ever get the owners name of the fire gutted gano home? Also any news relating to the fire as how and what the cause was?...tyia

just curious.....anyone ever get the owners name of the fire gutted gano home? Also any news relating to the fire as how and what the cause was?...tyia

Attached is the official tax appraiser record for that home.

Don't know about news relating to the fire. I believe the home was rented out and the owner did not live there.

Attachments

• 1080GanoPropertyAppraiser.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 26
I also would like to know how th po po are able to interview homeless so's if they have no address according to the so registery, due to the fact this was an abandoned home across from a park where homeless tend to set up camp......

Sometimes grieving people can cry so much that they don't have any tears left, like Somer's dad said. And I fully know that feeling after a loved one dies suddenly and after you finally do get some sleep (probably from complete exhaustion) when you wake up you think it was a nightmare, but are then confronted with the horrible reality.

Have the police officially cleared anyone close to the investigation? SP, the BF, family, etc?

I'm sure she's on some type of sedatives - not to mention she is probably still in shock. I feel nothing but sympathy for this poor woman & wish I could give her a hug & express how sorry I am for her loss.

Ditto. There is no question in my mind she has nothing to do with this, period. I can see myself reacting exactly the same way and I see nothing wrong with her demeanor.

Have the police officially cleared anyone close to the investigation? SP, the BF, family, etc?

I read where they interviewed all of the SO's and they have been cleared.
They interviewed the construction company and took swabs and released the truck and trailor back.

This is very quiet investigation and won't even release COD right now
due to ongoing investigation.

I have been 100% behind Somer's mom. I have cried with her while watching some of the videos. That being said I just saw a video of her on TV that made me do a double take. At least I think it was her. The woman I am talking about was holding a candle while they sang "You are my Sunshine" at one of the vigils. Her hair was perfect and she had ribbons and decorations in it that looked like she was at a party. It seemed so inappropriate to be in a party mood so soon after losing her daughter. (reminds me of Darlie Routier). I have felt her tears were genuine and my heart ached for her. Maybe it was another woman and I just thought it was her. I want someone to tell me this isn't the same woman I saw a couple of days ago.

I saw Diena in the clip you are referring to where she is singing & holding a candle, it has been reported that Somer's favorite color was purple, my thoughts at seeing the mom with the purple hair clips were that it is simply an aknowledgement/statement as to Somers fav color -- much like the neighbor recently being quoted as saying they will designate safety areas with the color of purple...

As a mother who has experienced the cruelty of the sudden, tragic death of a child I can relate on a very intimate level with Diena Thompson. I'll try to help those of you who've been fortunate enough to have never experienced such a loss understand her emotions.
First of all, after the first 24 hours of continuous, uncontrollable crying it's impossible to produce tears. Her eye's burn, her nose burns and her emotional center (heart) is in excruciating pain that is quite simply, impossible to describe, but there are no tears. The pain is so intense and overwhelming she often gasps in the middle of her words. The emptiness she feels in her mind and body is only momentarily offset by the love surrounding her by friends and family. The pain somewhat subsides when she focus's on whatever task is at hand but returns like a huge wave the second her mind wonders back to the reality that Somer is gone. This happens a thousand times a day, wave after wave, after wave of the most indescribable pain imaginable. She knows that if she gives in to the pain, it will consume her, it will take her, she will literally lose her mind; so she uses her anger to speak out about the horrendous tragedy that befell her precious daughter and in doing so she keeps the pain at bay for moments at a time. She draws strength from people who love her, people who love Somer, people who encourage her and praise her and try to share her pain.
The pain she feels can not be stopped, nothing ever makes it go completely away but she stays in control and she manages the pain; because if she doesn't it will take her.

Please do not criticize Diena, I can tell you from my own personal experience; that is the last thing she needs. She is holding on for all she is worth, fighting a battle that few could even begin to understand. Thank God, she is a fighter! I pray she uses her pain, her anger and this horrible tragedy to speak out on behalf of missing and exploited children and to advocate for longer and harsher penalties for those who commit crimes again children.

I would agree with you but as a taxpayer it takes years for these people to be executed. If they were sent off to a desserted Island to gorw their own vegetation and pick berries with one another..if they survive they do if they don't they dont...It wouldn't cost us a dime except to send them there and they are not able to harm our children. I truly think some, not all of these people have mental illness - we don't execute the mentally ill, so I just as figure put them in isolation. I don't just my take but I wouldn't argue either if they did the DP - just thinking aloud :)

I had not thought of costs (dp) associated, you are correct on that. It may be cheaper to put them on a deserted island however I think costs on appeal (into said island) would most likely = dealth penalty costs and time, it would not be as simple as just shipping them in.....

I have spent the morning trying to catch up with the night owls and let me just say this, I am saddened and appauled by some of the things being said about Somer's Mom. I am acutally disgusted!!!
How can ANYBODY unless you have been thru this know for sure.
I have seen tears. I have seen a red, swollen face. I have heard her gasps. I see pain, anger, fear...all the things I "think" I would feel. I say think cause I have not idea what she is going thru.
How truly sad that some people are so empathetic to the pain of others.
IMO DT has done nothing wrong. When I hear her speak, my heart breaks. When I see her face with obvious pain on it, I sob.

Please God, be with her and her family and shield her eyes from comments such as those
posted on this thread against her. That is the last thing she needs now. Please bring her comfort in knowing Somer is by your side and please help those people of this world have more caring hearts for a grieving mother.

Did she have the silly string out too............come on the ribbon in her hair was Somer's did you notice it was purple her fave color?

You made PERFECT sense. I'm the same kind of mom. Since my two, now adult children were born, I've always said I love you before they went to bed, to school, to go outside and play....even now, they can send me the most benign text message and i'll respond and then add I luv u. I'm almost (if you asked them) obnoxious about saying it....but, trained them well, cause they in turn feel compelled to tell me I love you all time too.

My point was, that for some reason, it disturbs me that Somer's mom-what's her name?-felt compelled to share with the world that she couldn't remember if she said "i love you" to Somer Monday morning or not. Almost sounds like a guilty concious to me. My feelings about this woman are just that. eerie uncomfortable feelings. No basis in fact, other than there is no denying the woman can sob and wail Very Loudly without producing tears........and she really seems to like attention and cameras.........

I agree. Something about her behavior is odd. I can't quite pin it down. Most of the time her grief seems absolutely genuine, but there are those moments when she seems a little too camera-ready, a little too prepared with her words....as if she's playing to the crowd. I know there is no grief handbook, and I know everyone reacts differently...but there is something about her demeanor that makes me very uncomfortable. IMO

I have spent the morning trying to catch up with the night owls and let me just say this, I am saddened and appauled by some of the things being said about Somer's Mom. I am acutally disgusted!!!
How can ANYBODY unless you have been thru this know for sure.
I have seen tears. I have seen a red, swollen face. I have heard her gasps. I see pain, anger, fear...all the things I "think" I would feel. I say think cause I have not idea what she is going thru.
How truly sad that some people are so empathetic to the pain of others.
IMO DT has done nothing wrong. When I hear her speak, my heart breaks. When I see her face with obvious pain on it, I sob.

Please God, be with her and her family and shield her eyes from comments such as those
posted on this thread against her. That is the last thing she needs now. Please bring her comfort in knowing Somer is by your side and please help those people of this world have more caring hearts for a grieving mother.

AMEN and bless you for speaking the truth.

IMO Only, I think it is bothering her that maybe she did not tell her she loved her, I know I usually end visits or phone calls with my boys "I love you" but sometimes I forget and have called back when I remember because it bothers me. Did I make sense?

MAKES perfect sense.

SORRY IN ADVANCE FOR BEING O/T but it all makes me think too much....

My mom NEVER said I love you to me growing up...WEIRD i know but she just wasn't like that, NONE of her family was/is.

As a child everynight before bed I would ALWAYS say to my mom "G'Night Mom! I Love You! See you in the morning??????????" (< And yes the last sentence was a question)

I could NOT sleep until she said the actualy word YES!!!!!!!!!! If she replied with her typical (just) G'night back, it wasn't enough....I'd have to start from the top again and I had all night....(seriously)

"NIGHT mom, love you - see you in the morning????????????????"

I don't know if she ever caught on to me (we've never talked about it and it was kinda ritualistic <if thats even a word lol) but if I went thru the speel enough times the end result was eventually "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES now get to sleep!!!"

Weird (I know, even my sharing this) but HONESTLY it was the "see u in the morning" that I ALWAYS NEEDED the confirmation for. I was always fearful if she didn't say YES I would NEVER see her again - for whatever reason, but it was torture as a child wondering IF I would wake and see her again.

Those memories lead me to thoughts of Somer and bring me back O/T....

Now I wonder about what Somer was thinking as whatever happened to her played out!!!!!!??????????? And WHO was she pleading to for her life!!!???????

It's sooooo hard for me NOT too!!

BUT I won't believe for a minute the mother is directly involved.

NO WAY....NO HOW!

Our children are no longer safe in the streets and so now what will we have? The deafening silence where there once was joyful and innocent laughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14