FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the people in the Nissan were there on actual LE business, and they were trying to avoid jeopardizing any investigation there. I think that all the tips that they had to wade through about blue Nissans was enough to make them decide it was worth the risk.

Actually at the presser they said LE in the blue nissan was off duty with family at a football game in the area when they witness that little girl almost get hit by a car - then said something about something blocking the view (not sure if that was the view for the little girl or the view for the car that almost hit her)...but as a result she fell off her bike & they did the right thing in stopping to check on her.

I've been going back over videos of media broadcasts from the front of Somer's home, either regular update broadcasts or vigil broadcasts.

So very sad that while those broadcasts were being done to encourage the public to keep an eye out for this missing little girl, Somer was already dead.

But the broadcast that really got to me was when the reporter talked about a personal note a little friend of Somer's wrote along with the missing flyer she posted on a mailbox.
It was a personal note to anyone who has information about her little friend...sooooo sad.
But the reporter noted that something about that note stuck out......the little friend described the birthmark on Somer's leg.

I must have totally missed that the first time I saw that video because I didn't know about the birthmark until Somer was found and LE disclosed how they ID'd her.

It's at about the 12:25 spot in the video.
http://www.news4jax.com/video/15505198/index.html
Just so sad going back over these videos done before Somer was found.....some folks that were asked, had so much hope that Somer would be coming home soon and alive. :(

amity.. that link just goes to live shot.. could you repost about this video.. PLEASE??

I would like to know who was in the other group of kids, and whether the girl she initially got in a fight with was among them. It just seems strange to me that there hasn't been anything reported about what they saw ~ did Somer just run past them, or did someone in that group see where she went and why was Somer last seen by a boy who said she ran past him with a frown on her face. :waitasec: MOO

This bothers me also Panthera about the little boy who saw Somer run AROUND the TANKs he said.... He thought she was excited and just running.. but then he saw her frown.. I bet he was scared and left fast too.. can't blame him either if he did... I don't know if there is a high school right there near the elem. school or not but I just can't see grade school kids doing this with out that crossing guard seeing them for one.. plus to take her back to that house if she was in fact at that house on gano ave.. and in the bath house across the street..

IIRC it was a real LEO, but I could be wrong.

In San Diego, the 80's, Craig Peyer, a CHP officer, stopped Kara Knotts at Mercy Rd. He strangled her. Before he was arrested, he did an interview with a ride-along reporter about the dangers of young women stopping along the highway at night. Scapes could clearly be seen on his face during the interview. He was amazingly brazen to have done that interview.

I am STILL very curious about possible attempted abduction on the other little girl in the area = and if this IS the actual case --- WHY were the schools not alerted and sent home a note. This just happend in my area..A man crept up on a girl about 11 and tried to get her into his car by asking if she wanted to come see his puppy!!! Letters went out really quick in that town - though it took about a week to get the neighboring schools alerted. I do NOT believe this is the Nissan incident!

where is the video of the reporter pointing out something about Somers birthmark on a note from her friend???? That link was live and the next link posted was not it....tyia

This bothers me also Panthera about the little boy who saw Somer run AROUND the TANKs he said.... He thought she was excited and just running.. but then he saw her frown.. I bet he was scared and left fast too.. can't blame him either if he did... I don't know if there is a high school right there near the elem. school or not but I just can't see grade school kids doing this with out that crossing guard seeing them for one.. plus to take her back to that house if she was in fact at that house on gano ave.. and in the bath house across the street..

I am not sure what the tanks are?? Can I ask? If you are thinking an accident, then how could they classify homicide? I was writing an response originally, but then that thought crept in my mind.

Don't think school age kids would have been able to get away with this without a scene. Mainly, because of strength...But then again if they are some martial arts kids or something they might be able to capture.

I don't know I am still thinking predator and random target.

where is the video of the reporter pointing out something about Somers birthmark on a note from her friend???? That link was live and the next link posted was not it....tyia

Thank you for bringing up the birth mark and sorry for so many posts. I keeping formulating ideas through my head.

I know we have discussed why they would not want mom viewing Somer, decomposition etc... If that was the case though, do you think a birth mark would still actually be viewable???

I am not sure what the tanks are?? Can I ask? If you are thinking an accident, then how could they classify homicide? I was writing an response originally, but then that thought crept in my mind.

Don't think school age kids would have been able to get away with this without a scene. Mainly, because of strength...But then again if they are some martial arts kids or something they might be able to capture.

I don't know I am still thinking predator and random target.

Don't know about others but I was just messing with google maps couple days ago and saw the huge propane tanks around the corner from the house on gano ave.. A member here went to help search for Somer and she noticed my post and said yes she saw those tanks..

Also. on a video the reporter said a tank was in back of that house on gano ave.. tho we don't know what size or what kind it is.. reporter didn't say..

all this is posted in Somer's threads could do search or go back and read all the threads... very interesting threads..

Thanks Momma, I will def go lok at those posts.

Is a tank something though that is emptied into the trash? Sorry, if I sound like a total moron just trying to make some sense here.

If you go back to one of the earlier videos:
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/index.html

38-40 hours into Somers disappearence. No physical evidence, they didn't have anything to go on it seemed. Does anyone know when they started searching the vacant house exactly? And it would seem like people in the area would be checking trash cans, so it makes me think she might have been held somewhere?? I am gonna have to go back and do my homework.

IIRC, the note said something like this friend knows everything about Somer even her birthmark..Nobody thought much of it at the time..Why would they? :waitasec:

I'm not thinking of her classmates as possible perps, but maybe an older sibling ~ I guess it all depends on what that fight was about and if someone wanted to get back at Somer. I really was more concerned that there haven't been any reports of that group of kids seeing if anyone was following her after she started running by herself. MOO

Don't know about others but I was just messing with google maps couple days ago and saw the huge propane tanks around the corner from the house on gano ave.. A member here went to help search for Somer and she noticed my post and said yes she saw those tanks..

Also. on a video the reporter said a tank was in back of that house on gano ave.. tho we don't know what size or what kind it is.. reporter didn't say..

all this is posted in Somer's threads could do search or go back and read all the threads... very interesting threads..

I did the same thing with google maps and found these tanks on Gano Ave:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...=JHnEC-yBZC55cFtAYaU2uw&cbp=12,160.99,,0,6.46

I find it so strange that with Somer and Elizabeth, being adbucted in their own neighborhod, close to home, why where no screams heard? If a child is scared, they will scream or cry or fight??? No one saw or heard as thing.... This is very disturbing to me...

B/c the perp either tells the kid, "Don't scream or I will kill you," or overpowers the child (hand over mouth) so he/she can't make a noise.

Hoppy

No suspects, no arrests, and yet LE isn't 'over the top' telling people to keep their children inside, etc. It sure looks to me as though from where we are right now, there's a killer on the loose who abducted in broad daylight and murdered a seven year old child! Maybe I'm missing something......

Thanks Momma, I will def go lok at those posts.

Is a tank something though that is emptied into the trash? Sorry, if I sound like a total moron just trying to make some sense here.

If you go back to one of the earlier videos:
http://www.news4jax.com/video/21409125/index.html

38-40 hours into Somers disappearence. No physical evidence, they didn't have anything to go on it seemed. Does anyone know when they started searching the vacant house exactly? And it would seem like people in the area would be checking trash cans, so it makes me think she might have been held somewhere?? I am gonna have to go back and do my homework.

No you can't put these tanks in the trash.. the ones I saw on google maps are like 1k or more gallons and and they have a little fence around them.. we heat with propane here on the mountain (no gas lines) and our tank is 500 gal. its about 10ft. long and 5 ft wide and about as big around as your cooking stove.. I am just trying to get you a visual on these tanks... the ones on map are 4 times if not more than mine here..

I have no idea what is behind that house tho..

I took it as the little school friend of Somer's that saw her was at the big tanks.. cos he said tanks not tank... and there are 2 tanks around the corner from that house..

Found on one of the news sites message board that there was no attempted kidnapping. This "rumor" was the blue car. Although, I don't take a poster on a message board to be a legit source just trying to make some sense here. Good Grief.

Wish I didn't read some of those boards, since all SOME people can complain about his how the balloon release is going to ruin the enviroment!!!! :furious::furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli