FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is all of the kids have always lived with the mom, is that incorrect?
It was stated the 13yr old does not live with Mom early on.
So- I havent read or heard nary word since-- which is why I probably have no clue where he is living. I don't even know if he is really a Thompson or Cardinal or Lamb? AND I don't know about any local grandparents that could have been a little bit more helpful with the children.

Not too good on my sleuthing skills hey?

I'm trying though. :)

My understanding is all of the kids have always lived with the mom, is that incorrect?

AFAIK, nobody has brought forth information that indicates that AC lives with anyone other than the Thompson family on Horton Drive.

Indigo children
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Indigo children Terminology

Artist's rendering, based on the writing of Nancy Ann Tappe
Coined by Nancy Ann Tappe
Definition A group of children possessing special traits; beliefs about the traits vary from paranormal abilities (i.e. ESP) to simply being more confident and sensitive.
Signature An indigo colored aura
Status New Age belief
See also Aura (paranormal)
The neutrality of this article is disputed. Please see the discussion on the talk page. Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. (October 2009)

Indigo children is a New Age concept developed by Jon Lauderback describing children who are alleged to possess special traits or abilities. Beliefs about indigo children range from their being the next stage in human evolution, possessing paranormal abilities such as telepathy, and lacking communication skills to the belief that they are simply more empathetic and creative than other children. Some[who?] claim that a high percentage of children today have a unique combination of genes that is indicative of Indigo.[citation needed]

There is no science or studies that give credibility to the existence or traits of indigo children.

Skeptics suggest that the indigo phenomenon is due to parents preferring to believe their children are special, rather than having a medical diagnosis which implies damage or imperfection. Also criticized are the traits used to describe children, which have been compared to the Forer effect - so vague as to be able to apply to anyone.

The concept was initially developed in the 1970s, gaining popular interest with the publication of a series of books in the late 1990s and the release of several films in the following decade. A variety of books, conferences and related materials have been created surrounding the idea of indigo children.

[edit] Characteristics
Descriptions of indigo children include the belief that they are empathetic, curious, possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose, strong-willed, often seen by friends or family as weird and have a strong interest in God from early childhood. Indigo children have also been described as having a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here." Other alleged traits include a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability, and resistance to authority.[2][4] According to Tober and Carroll, indigo children function poorly in conventional schools due to their rejection of authority, being smarter than their teachers and a lack of response to guilt-, fear- or manipulation-based discipline.[5]
Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder
Tober and Carroll's book The Indigo Children linked the concept with diagnosis of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), makes the case that indigos are a new stage of evolution rather than children with a medical diagnosis, and that "indigos" require special treatment rather than medications.[4] Many children called indigo by their parents are diagnosed with ADHD.[6] Robert Todd Carroll suggests that labeling a child an indigo is an alternative to a diagnosis that implies imperfection, damage or mental illness, which may appeal to many parents, a belief echoed by many academic psychologists.[6] Carroll furthermore expresses his opinion that many of the commentators on the indigo phenomenon are of varying qualifications and expertise. Linking the concept of indigo children with the use of Ritalin to control ADHD, Carroll states "The hype and near-hysteria surrounding the use of Ritalin has contributed to an atmosphere that makes it possible for a book like Indigo Children to be taken seriously. Given the choice, who wouldn't rather believe their children are special and chosen for some high mission rather than that they have a brain disorder?"[7]

Stephen Hinshaw, a professor of psychology at the University of California, Berkeley, states that concerns regarding the overmedicalization of children are legitimate but even gifted children with ADHD learn better with more structure rather than less, even if the structure initially causes difficulties. Many indigo children are home schooled.[2]

I snipped this from Wikipedia to maybe help some here understand what it is that this friend of mom works with. I have several grandchildren that I feel have some of these traits. They are sometimes hard to work with because they really do think differently than my other grands and don't respond to the same types of discipline and rules. If in fact she felt one or more of her children had some these traits she could have been looking for help with dealing with issues. Perhaps this friend was going to observe and interact with them for awhile that day.
JMO

I haven't read or heard where LE has called this a child sexual predator. If they did state that as a fact, well then we have no reason to look anywhere except back to the RSO's or a monster that is new in the business and this is his first murder and he is not registered at all. kwim?
Not all sexual predators are registered.

Not all sexual predators have ever been arrested at all, let alone for that particular.

I am certain there are child killers out there who have done this before, and are so 'good' at it, they have never been caught.

Like 'cool, calculating, smart predators", "who come out of retirement", in the words of John Walsh.

I think it is natural when your daughter has not been found with a massive search going on that a monster got her and a guy is the most likely.

ITA and LE has been stressing they are looking at all SO in a 5 mile radius.

strangers aren't old men with dirty beards as we used to think, today they are the ones that teach our kids in school, pass out ice cream from those annoying ice cream trucks, babysit our kids, even those that serve and protect lots of times should be given a second look. todays molesters are like updated computers, they work better and look newer then ever... kids aren't getting the picture on stranger dangers, some parents don't get it either.

Well if I had young children I would sit them down right next to me and take them through all the photos of RSO's that are living in my area.... every single one of them. NOT that a child would remember them, but something may stick in their head since they are like little sponges...kwim?
At any rate I would show them that looks are very deceiving... at least a starting point.

I'm so glad I do not have young children, I would serisouly be out of mind and in a rubber room. I couldn't take the stress.

Well, I will openly admit when I watched that and heard her say that for the first time, it was rather jaw dropping for me, and I made the comment on the board here that I really couldn't as a Mother say that in front of children. kwim? I say that because how many children could have watched or heard that? Some parents are using this case as a tool for teaching about Stranger Danger. kwim?

At the risk of looking stupid, I just have to know - what is kwim?

Have there been any cult-type activities in that area?
Or any non-traditional therapies that the Indigos might try and be dangerous?
That moon thing again ......

I thought she was talking about people that might know something, a witness or something.

DT was speaking about the person who killed her child when she said ...don't care if you'd get in to trouble..."

It did sound to me like the second reference to "get in to trouble" was referring to a witness, but a child rather than an adult. IMO it's not uncommon for kids to think they will get into trouble for telling on someone, and something you would say to reassure a child rather than an adult.

It was stated the 13yr old does not live with Mom early on.
So- I havent read or heard nary word since-- which is why I probably have no clue where he is living. I don't even know if he is really a Thompson or Cardinal or Lamb? AND I don't know about any local grandparents that could have been a little bit more helpful with the children.

Not too good on my sleuthing skills hey?

I'm trying though. :)

JMO again! Early on it was stated somewhere (!) that her oldest child did not live with her. No name, no sex, just oldest child. I have tried to find that ever since NCS was sluething this last night. She found a curious Name listed on a legal document that seemed to imply an older female child. This could be what we heard referral to in the beginning. Every other referral to the 13 year old has been that he lives in the house with Mom. I was really confused about this until NCS' find last night. That is my take on it.

Sorry to be ot here but that mouthpiece, side kick on NG, the woman with the brown hair( don't know her name) absolutely gets on my last nerve. I try to be objective and fair when I watch NG, but I just want to scream every time she is on.

ty for the rant imo

Oh, yes... Susan Moss, the rhyming lady. I hate those silly rhymes... and I think it is in VERY poor taste to try to be humorous about a dead or missing child.

Why does everyone keep saying that if they have done this before, their DNA will be onfile.
CODIS submission is not made mandatory by any state, to the best of my knowledge. Please feel free to correct me, but to the my mind it is on the investigators and labs to get this stuff entered. It's encouraged, but no one gets fired for not doing it.

And then there are the problems with CODIS, the problem with state databases. A recent audit of WI DNA bank, showed 12,000 fewer samples than they should have.
Just because the killer may have done this before does not mean his DNA is on file.

Originally Posted by MomofBoys [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4351713#post4351713"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]
All RSOs have their DNA databased, right? Assuming they were able to pull unknown DNA from Somer's body, those tests were probably expedited and due imminently. It'd be good timing for an arrest tomorrow. That'd be nice.

Assuming the announcement tomorrow is the addition of a profiler to the LE team, I wonder if that means that all known RSOs in the area have been cleared and they're now looking for a SO perhaps that is an absconder or perhaps has never even been in the database. The comments that this is someone coming out of retirement fits with a scenario like the former--that they've exhausted all RSO leads and are actually looking for someone new to the area.

I don't think the kids are involved here, but I still can't get over the fact that DT sent a potentially sick Somer to soldier through school while she entertained a guest for lunch and then let him watch the kids for the first time, and THAT's the day Somer vanishes. From what we know, it seems like such a departure from the normal schedule, it's a long commute from work, and if she was just going to come home in three hours, why wouldn't she let Somer stay home? As a parent, it seems odd to me. It's one thing to not have childcare and be pushing yourself through a 10 hour work day. But she came home a few hours later and then left SP in their house for the afternoon.

I just think it's strange. Did she think Somer was just malingering? Did she do this a lot? Or did she really need Somer to be gone that day because SP was coming over?

sorry to copy/paste this but anywayz, I like the way you think, very well placed posting on your part momofboys.

Is there a chance that mom might have an idea of who would do this based on her just knowing the locals or "friends"? Maybe she's not at all involved and yet simply has her own opinion of someone that might be responsible for this disgusting act. Maybe the police have told her to chill out with publicly pointing anyone out directly, until they build more of a case?

This might explain why some of us are picking up on a sense that she seems to be speaking directly to someone, almost on a personal level, sometimes appearing to slip up and catch herself saying too much, and yet she also seems to be going through the normal emotions that an innocent mother who just lost her baby would be going through?

Maybe she is not 100% sure, but has a hunch based on inside, personal knowledge, and maybe the police have heard her out and agree, and have thus informed her to let them do their work now and not jeopardize the case by blurting it all out.

I don't know... I just want the person who did this to Somer to be found and punished for this!

AFAIK, nobody has brought forth information that indicates that AC lives with anyone other than the Thompson family on Horton Drive.

Yes... it was reported early on right around the time Somer was found.
It is on one of the news reports and way back on early threads. I thought it was strange, until last night when we sleuthed that issue, and found out previous marriages:
Lamb
Cardinal
Thompson

So-- that is where that came from. I would be digging forever for that link and since we don't have a forum with separate threads -- well I will say my opinion and news report, I just don't want to spend hours of my time tonight after having a crappy day to look for that link.

:)

If you would like me to delete my posts I will... no problem.

Are you suggesting sexual motivation had to be present to exonerate mom from calling him a 'monster' or a 'him'? May I ask who made the comment about 'not getting any'. TIA

Mom has every right to use the words monster and him...but the way she says things, what she doesn't say, her emotions, etc...just raises a flag for me!

the comment about not getting any or something to that affect is at the end of the grief, anger, determination video

http://www.news4jax.com/video/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member