Identified! FL - St Petersburg, WhtFem, 14-17, pushed into traffic, Jun'73 - Janice Young

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wondering if this UID was ever checked against Rory Kesinger.

Race (Caucasian) matches
Height (5'3) is within two inches
Weight (118 lbs) is within 8 pounds
Hair color (brown) matches
Eye color (blue) matches
Timing is tight but still workable. She disappeared from Massachusetts about two weeks before the UID was found
Circumstances line up. Kesinger was a convicted bank robber who escaped from prison in Massachusetts. She was in prison for attempting to shoot a police officer. This would definitely explain why the UID didn't want to give out her identity, say where she lived, etc.
She resembles the UID's reconstruction

The only issue is that Kesinger was 24 (the age range on NamUs is 11 - 20). But to me, the UID's second reconstruction - the one with lighter hair - definitely doesn't look as young as 11, and it looks like she could possibly have been older than 20.

ETA: There was apparently speculation in the 90s that Kesinger was the Lady in the Dunes, but that has since been ruled out. She was just added to NamUs in mid-November

They were virtually certain she was the Lady in the Dunes, and rumor says it took two dental comparisons and two DNA-no-matches before they decided she wasn't. (There are organized crime interests in the Boston area who would have a vested interest in having the identification not made.)

Rumor says the rather complex dentals were only off by one tooth, which is relevant here only because it would seem to indicate Rory had a lot of dental work, and our unnamed girl doesn't. So it should be an easy ruleout.

I see on Wikipedia an excerpt of the letter she allegedly wrote but had not finished. Apparently, it was written in pencil, had poor penmanship, was addressed to "Gloria", mentions a "Mark in Virginia" and was signed by "Marie". I really wish we could see the full letter. I have no idea where Wiki obtained the excerpt because the reference leads to the Namus profile and I can find nothing on that page beyond referencing the letter to "Gloria". Weird!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marie_(murder_victim)

"To Gloria, ...call Mark and say hello and also that I was planning on going to see Mark in Virginia... Signed, Marie"
- Text written in Marie's unfinished letter

​
Wondering if this UID was ever checked against Rory Kesinger.

Race (Caucasian) matches
Height (5'3) is within two inches
Weight (118 lbs) is within 8 pounds
Hair color (brown) matches
Eye color (blue) matches
Timing is tight but still workable. She disappeared from Massachusetts about two weeks before the UID was found
Circumstances line up. Kesinger was a convicted bank robber who escaped from prison in Massachusetts. She was in prison for attempting to shoot a police officer. This would definitely explain why the UID didn't want to give out her identity, say where she lived, etc.
She resembles the UID's reconstruction

The only issue is that Kesinger was 24 (the age range on NamUs is 11 - 20). But to me, the UID's second reconstruction - the one with lighter hair - definitely doesn't look as young as 11, and it looks like she could possibly have been older than 20.

ETA: There was apparently speculation in the 90s that Kesinger was the Lady in the Dunes, but that has since been ruled out. She was just added to NamUs in mid-November

Rory Kesinger looks very much like Sumter County Jane Doe to me.

I agree she does resemble the sketch and since her last seen date isn't certain, can't hurt to submit her!

I submitted her back in 2008. Still no answers. I gave her to her fam yannette but nothing....

The Jane doe was submitted plenty times by me since 2008 and just recently again. I'm just told they're checking out the details. Who knows. Yannette, Rose's fam member, said she'd assure she follows up.

Migmuu brought up this newly listed MP Helen Allison on a different thread.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28085/64/

efd503be-d4a2-4147-852a-51c3e50b95f0.jpg

But take off her glasses, and I would think she should be a pretty reasonable possible for our "Janice Bromke" Doe.

24ceef7c-ffae-43b9-ba82-337900abdd38.jpg
efd503be-d4a2-4147-852a-51c3e50b95f0.jpg
cb14b8bc-8517-4d41-b4fd-7769badf4608.jpg

Migmuu brought up this newly listed MP Helen Allison on a different thread.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28085/64/

But take off her glasses, and I would think she should be a pretty reasonable possible for our "Janice Bromke" Doe.

Looks promising as the physical description, time frame, and VA connection are consistent. Hopefully there is a family member that can provide a sample.

I don't think it's her. Her sister posted on another forum a few months ago and someone actually did suggest this UID as possibly being her sister, but she says it's not her.

Interestingly, a PA state trooper also replied a few months ago, asking for her to contact him because they have a 1973 UID case that matches Helen's description. I'm pretty sure he's talking about this girl, so I just posted about Helen in that thread too.

I don't think it's her. Her sister posted on another forum a few months ago and someone actually did suggest this UID as possibly being her sister, but she says it's not her.

Interestingly, a PA state trooper also replied a few months ago, asking for her to contact him because they have a 1973 UID case that matches Helen's description. I'm pretty sure he's talking about this girl, so I just posted about Helen in that thread too.

I saw where she indicated it was not her sister, but it may be worth explaining that the picture for the St. Pete Doe is an artist's recon and may not be accurate based upon facial trauma.

Did I also read that there is DNA on file for Helen Allison? Namus says it's unavailable.

this case reminds me a bit of el dorado jane. i bet both of them never knew how anonymous they would become when they ran away and started using aliases :(

I saw where she indicated it was not her sister, but it may be worth explaining that the picture for the St. Pete Doe is an artist's recon and may not be accurate based upon facial trauma.

Did I also read that there is DNA on file for Helen Allison? Namus says it's unavailable.

Now that I think about it, yeah, it's still possible the sister is mistaken and that the recon isn't as accurate as I assumed it was. It's probably still worth passing on to LE.

I'm not sure why NamUs says DNA is unavailable. I'm not very familiar with NamUs's DNA procedures.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back