Identified! FL - St Petersburg, WhtFem, 14-17, pushed into traffic, Jun'73 - Janice Young

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did anyone ever contact Bruce's daughter? To see what she may have known? I did see someone tried making contact with a cousin. I notice she's active on Facebook... Sorry was thinking about this last night.

Is there a Marie or Mary on the family list?

The fact that Bromke is such a unique last name makes me think it is atleast her last name or tied to her family in some way.

I did find a Mary Bromke 1899-1986 http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=29253157 From Camden.

I wonder if they are Amish or Mennonite. Bellmawr has an Amish community and stores according to google.

I think it's very likely that our UID went to school with Janice Bromke at some point.

I think it's very likely that our UID went to school with Janice Bromke at some point.

Very interesting point - if in fact this Doe knew Janice at some point and simply used her name as an alias, perhaps year books that Ms. Bromke would be in should be checked for people resembling the Doe.

I also wonder if witnesses recall if this Doe had an accent - if she really did come from VA or NC she may have had one.

Very interesting point - if in fact this Doe knew Janice at some point and simply used her name as an alias, perhaps year books that Ms. Bromke would be in should be checked for people resembling the Doe.

I also wonder if witnesses recall if this Doe had an accent - if she really did come from VA or NC she may have had one.

That sounds like a really good idea. Wonder if the Camden schools are in yearbooks.com?

New/Additional information:
http://www.fluiddb.com/php/details10.php?case=378

Other Details: Decedent was believed to be between 14 and 17 years old and was 5' 1" at the time of her death. She was believed to have been living in the area for a short time prior to death. Believed to be a runaway associated with drug related activity. Decedent struck by vehicle. Decedent used the unconfirmed name of Janice Marie Brock (W/F with DOB 6/17/53). Her friends knew her as "Maria" or "Marie." NCIC fingerprint classification and dental information available. A photograph of a reconstruction is available on the Doe Network's website (reference 381UFFL). Homicide investigation reference SPPD case # 73-46814.

Other Details: Decedent was believed to be between 14 and 17 years old and was 5' 1" at the time of her death. She was believed to have been living in the area for a short time prior to death. Believed to be a runaway associated with drug related activity. Decedent struck by vehicle. Decedent used the unconfirmed name of Janice Marie Brock (W/F with DOB 6/17/53). Her friends knew her as "Maria" or "Marie." NCIC fingerprint classification and dental information available. A photograph of a reconstruction is available on the Doe Network's website (reference 381UFFL). Homicide investigation reference SPPD case # 73-46814.

Thanks for the update. I wonder if this is a case like Serena Balint or Cynthia Hanes, where the decedents true name is known, but either there is no missing persons report, or the missing person report was lost, or something of that sort.

Thanks for the update. I wonder if this is a case like Serena Balint or Cynthia Hanes, where the decedents true name is known, but either there is no missing persons report, or the missing person report was lost, or something of that sort.

I wonder if she was a "throwaway." That was unfortunately rather common in the 70's with parents who didn't agree with their child's moral, sexual, or political choices.

Looking in Ancestry, I couldn't find anyone named Janice Marie Brock.

However, when I searched on first name and DOB, I found a Janice Marie M----, born 17-Jun-1953 in Texas. But when I looked up her mother's name, the mother (VDB of Houston TX) is listed as "Negro (Black)"

I also found a Janice M. M----- born on the same date in Union County Kentucky. But there is no indication of what the middle initial stands for.

I think she either knew, or came into contact somehow with the real Janice Bromke but that her real name is probably Marie or Maria as people were calling her that. (see my comments above)

I don't know ancestry. Is there any way to look up births for 17-Jun-1953 for just Marie/Maria? Or births on that date in Camden or New Jersey?

I think she either knew, or came into contact somehow with the real Janice Bromke but that her real name is probably Marie or Maria as people were calling her that. (see my comments above)

I don't know ancestry. Is there any way to look up births for 17-Jun-1953 for just Marie/Maria? Or births on that date in Camden or New Jersey?

Marie and Maria are common names, so there are a bunch with that DOB, but none from Camden or New Jersey

Kathie Wilcox is mentioned upthread, but did anybody ever submit her?

Attachments

• KSWilcox MI 1972.jpg
    KSWilcox MI 1972.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 381UFFL June 1973.jpg
    381UFFL June 1973.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 33

As someone who ran away a lot as a teenager and having a few friends who did the same it was pretty common for us to use a birth date that was either the same year as our actual birthday or at most a year or two off. So I'd be looking for missing people who were born most likely in 1953 but possibly 1952-1955. I would say 1951 but as kids we all lied to make ourselves sound older than we really were rather than younger. Sorry to ramble on... just a thought.

This is interesting ... the real JKB died in 1991. I found her obituary and it confirms that she was a registered nurse at Cherry Hill Alternative School, for students who need behavioral and emotional support. The school opened in 1969, and the decedent was born in the mid to late 1950s, so around 10 years younger than the real JKB.

There's no confirmation that JKB was working there at the time (it's around 18 years from the decedent's death, to JKB's own passing, so it is of course possible).

However doesn't this give us a good idea of where the decedent may have gotten her alias from.

The wiki on Cherry Hill says it was for early childhood dev. until 1997, when it became an alternative high school. Originally called Malberg Early Childhood Center.

In terms of Malberg....it was a regular elementary school until 1982-ish. I have no idea why, but many of Cherry Hill's elementary schools were closed and the kids from the closed schools were then phased into certain other elementary school, like Kingston Elementary school (mine).

Hmm... nonetheless, perhaps it might be possible, somehow to find out where the real JMB was working in the early 70s and if she was involved in troubled teens then.

The obituary actually says:

"Mrs. Bromke was a registered nurse at the Alternative School Inc. in Cherry Hill. She was a 1968 graduate of the Helene Fuld School of Nursing in Camden. Survivors: her husband, Bruno J. of Bellmawr; two daughters, Janice and Cheryl Annboth of Bellmawr, and two sisters, Judy Sebastian and Dianne Sieck"

Wait crap... we may now have a fourth Janice Bromke: our 1973 deceased, our 1991 deceased, our 1991 deceased's sister-in-law (now unaccounted for but too old to be our UID) and our 1991 deceased's daughter.

The school moved to a former elementary school.

"The Stafford School's current tenant is the Alternative School Inc., a private, nonprofit junior high and high school for emotionally disturbed young people"

I can't find much else than that just yet, but there may be more opportunity for research here.

What this does also mean is that we could yet have somewhere to go with the idea that the deceased runaway was using her real name. It's still unlikely, but she could be 10 or more years younger than her brother, and we no longer have a confirmed obituary for the daughter of the NJ family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attn2detale
Back