FL FL - Stepha Henry, 22, Miami, 29 May 2007 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I always hope for a miracle but then a body is found or an arrest is made and I'm equally gutted every time. This is just so wrong and I pray her family are able to find some peace and the perp is punished to the highest degree of the law.

No wonder the guy kept lying about the car...it was his car. I wonder why LE waited so long to say that they had found the car? So in Sept LE knew that the car was his and that Stepha's blood was all over it yet they didn't arrest him. I wonder why?

I'm so glad that there has been an arrest though and I just hope that they can get him to tell them where she is now. Her family need that and then they need justice.

No wonder the guy kept lying about the car...it was his car. I wonder why LE waited so long to say that they had found the car? So in Sept LE knew that the car was his and that Stepha's blood was all over it yet they didn't arrest him. I wonder why?

I'm so glad that there has been an arrest though and I just hope that they can get him to tell them where she is now. Her family need that and then they need justice.

Hey Bobbisangel .... I think I can answer the question about his arrest.
On June 5th they picked him up for questioning. He denied owning the car and denied knowing anything about the car and Stepha's disappearance.
They needed the car to solve this crime.

After the local community got involved with Mrs. Henry's plea for help, a
tip came in September which led LE to the car.
They ran forensics and found a DNA match to Stepha in the blood left in the car. Enough to issue an arrest warrant for murder but they couldn't find him in S.FL because he was hiding out in NY.
Another tip and LE found him living in his car.

7 months later and this case has a solution.

This Williams character was "known" to Stepha. Maybe in a casual acquaintance kind of way but still he was not a stranger to her.
In the photo of him he looks like a nice looking guy with a friendly face.
Who would think something so awful could happen?

:(

Rest in peace Stepha and prayers and condolences to the family. I am praying that this will lead them to find Stepha so her family can have some closure. So Sad, as usual.

Maybe both reasons. If he were working, it would be a lot easier to track him down and he had to know they were looking at him for this.

I'm glad Stepha's family is getting some justice, and I hope they can soon lay their beautiful daughter to rest near them.

Thanks, Drumstick. Those articles do help clear up a few things, but the first one actually is a bit confusing to me.

If Roye was so afraid of this guy, why was he invited to a BBQ at her mother's home in the first place? The mother disliked him intensely and he wasn't supposed to be anywhere near her house...so she said. Maybe it is the way the story is written, but it seems to continually contradict circumstances.

The car he was found in wasn't the same car they found the blood in. They found that one S. Florida and he had tried to sell it. He did live a transient lifestyle all the time according to the second article which clears up why he was living in the car in NY.

Hey Bobbisangel .... I think I can answer the question about his arrest.
On June 5th they picked him up for questioning. He denied owning the car and denied knowing anything about the car and Stepha's disappearance.
They needed the car to solve this crime.

After the local community got involved with Mrs. Henry's plea for help, a
tip came in September which led LE to the car.
They ran forensics and found a DNA match to Stepha in the blood left in the car. Enough to issue an arrest warrant for murder but they couldn't find him in S.FL because he was hiding out in NY.
Another tip and LE found him living in his car.

7 months later and this case has a solution.

This Williams character was "known" to Stepha. Maybe in a casual acquaintance kind of way but still he was not a stranger to her.
In the photo of him he looks like a nice looking guy with a friendly face.
Who would think something so awful could happen?

:(

Thank you for explaining how it all happened. I guess seven months isn't that long when compared to other cases that have gone on for years without an arrest. There is no way that this guy can win in court. Not with all of the blood in his car. I don't know why he is bothering to pled "not guilty."

Bless that mom's heart. She has to hold onto hope until she can't any longer. It is probably what keeps her going. I just wish that creep would talk.

Finally after all these months, the man arrested in Stepha Henry's case has arrived in Miami Dade.

Where is Stepha?

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking_news/story/538823.html

I don't like plea deals usually but in the case of missing persons who are not likely to show up, I make exception. After seeing so many cases go cold and hearing, reading the anguish of the parents and other family members it is something I have to consider. The years take such a toll on families and many go to early graves themselves and the heartache continues.

Sometimes the stereotype of the gruff homicide cop is hard to take, but, you know what? It is understandable. I don't think they ever get immune but I do think they have to have a protective shield or they would be dead too from grief. Over and over we see this. Listening to the families talk about their loved ones right here and multiply that many times over....what do you have? Pain, suffering and inconsolable grief.

Give these horrible individuals a crumb to talk so some have resolve. The victims families are more important than these scuzzy perps. We can also hope that God takes these perps early just to give them some other lessons to be learned.

I can go along with offering him some kind of plea, if he leads LE to her body. It's worth it to give her mother and family some peace.

It looks like le has only charged him with second degree murder. The DP wouldnt be on the table to bargain with in return for Stepha's remains.
I'm not sure what they have left to force Williams to talk, especially since he's familar with the process enough to hide behind his public defender.

On May 29th it will be one year.

The story is becoming clearer as LE makes progress.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/story/543909.html

~

It almost seems as if he knew he was going to do something horrible in that car and that's why he wanted his friend to buy it for him.

The least the could do now is tell them where to find her body, for her mother's sake.

That story made it almost sound premeditated with the sneaky way he got the car etc. Maybe they need to try to connect him to some other missing cases between the two states.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back