GUILTY FL - Steven & Michelle Andrews, both 28, murdered, Fort Myers, 27 Dec 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I, too, just found out about this case. I don't recall hearing about it when it first happened. It's very interesting to say the least. I spent yesterday reading the entire thread and searching for more information on the case online. I still have more to read.

Lukasz is around 5 years old now. I hope whoever is caring for him is keeping him well sheltered from news reports, etc. Hopefully he is out of state where the case receives little or no coverage. My heart breaks for that little boy.

Sorry to post back to back but I have been reading more on the case. I was looking at the crime scene pics and something struck me about Luckasz and the pictures of the bloody socks. He is dressed. Does anyone else find this odd? I'm assuming these pictures were taken pretty quickly if he still has the bloody socks on. Why would he be dressed if this happened in the middle of the night/early morning while everyone was still sleeping? Who dressed him?

Heres a link explaining the evidence, I don't know if ya'll have seen this or not! Good info.
http://nbc-2.com/gatewaytrial/ *Warning* Graphic photos.

Thanks for the link, it was interesting. I couldn't get the pics to open for me.

Inch Hi, I have seen toddlers wearing what might seem odd clothes to bed. I don't have kids, but from watching my friends, sometimes when it's bedtime their favorite items are easier than trying to get them in PJ's. Just as idea.

Sorry to post back to back but I have been reading more on the case. I was looking at the crime scene pics and something struck me about Luckasz and the pictures of the bloody socks. He is dressed. Does anyone else find this odd? I'm assuming these pictures were taken pretty quickly if he still has the bloody socks on. Why would he be dressed if this happened in the middle of the night/early morning while everyone was still sleeping? Who dressed him?

And who called 911? The 2 year old?! Or did someone else dial and hand him the phone?

They always looked like pajamas to me, remember this was December! Warm clothes and socks don't seem outta the norm to me.

River yes, who DID call 911... Kellie? :confused:

I have followed this case since day 1, and I just finsihed reading the trial blog online etc and I honestly can't beleive that they had a mistrial!!!

For one HE places himself at the CRIME SCENE the NIGHT of the murders!!!! The ONLY reason he does this is because he knows his DNA was found on Michelle. I think Michelle did call him and she was the one who told him about it the affair but I think he lost it.

I am curious if they had the cell phone & other phone records for Kellie, Steven, Michelle & Fred????? I think this would tell a lot as far as who was calling who & when.....

http://www.news-press.com/article/20081125/NEWS01/811250367/1002

:eek:

Fred Cooper's trial in Pinellas County early next year will go on as planned, despite conflicts in the schedules of the victims' family and a key witness.

The state on Monday asked Reese to consider pushing the trial back from January to February, as Steven Andrews' family had scheduled a reunion cruise Jan. 24-31, and medical examiner Rebecca Hamilton will be speaking at an out-of-town conference Jan. 15.

Reese said the court would have to work around Hamilton's absence, slating her testimony for a day when she could be present. However, Reese said he could not rearrange the dates to accommodate a family vacation, even if it was the victim's family.

The cable channel truTV, formerly Court TV, is airing the first trial from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Wednesday. It was this coverage that prompted Deputy Public Defender Ken Garber to announce in court Monday that he planned to file a motion requesting that jurors be screened about whether they were exposed to the broadcast.

I've been watching this trial off and on on TruTV. I have thought that he is guilty off and on! The forensic stuff is so confussing or at least it was today.
Some of the experts can bring it down to the place that anyone can understand what they are talking about and some don't bother. Today I was thinking that I hoped the jurors were understanding the one witness better then I was because a lot of it was going right over my head! Maybe that is why they couldn't come up with guilty or innocent! I hope that some of the jurors speak to the press tomorrow and say what the problem was. I personally don't think that Michelle had sex with this guy by choice. So that makes me think he is guilty.

I've been watching this trial off and on on TruTV. I have thought that he is guilty off and on! The forensic stuff is so confussing or at least it was today.
Some of the experts can bring it down to the place that anyone can understand what they are talking about and some don't bother. Today I was thinking that I hoped the jurors were understanding the one witness better then I was because a lot of it was going right over my head! Maybe that is why they couldn't come up with guilty or innocent! I hope that some of the jurors speak to the press tomorrow and say what the problem was. I personally don't think that Michelle had sex with this guy by choice. So that makes me think he is guilty.

I'm with you - in agreement and viewing, I'm watching Day 3 now.....but I missed the first day when Kellee testified. Fred on the stand is just mesmerizing, but not in a good way.

I'm with you - in agreement and viewing, I'm watching Day 3 now.....but I missed the first day when Kellee testified. Fred on the stand is just mesmerizing, but not in a good way.

Do you think he is guilty?

Yes, I believe that Fred Cooper killed Steve & Michelle.

Yes, I believe that Fred Cooper killed Steve & Michelle.

I hope the Pros talk to the jurors and find out why they voted like they did. They really need to know so they can correct whatever held some of the jurors back from voting guilty. They have to do something different so that they can put this guy away. Did they ever say what the vote was?

I hope the Pros talk to the jurors and find out why they voted like they did. They really need to know so they can correct whatever held some of the jurors back from voting guilty. They have to do something different so that they can put this guy away. Did they ever say what the vote was?

The vote was 8 to 4, the majority for guilty. One juror was quoted as saying when they first started deliberations, it was 6 to 6 and the jurors who wanted a guilty verdict were able to persuade two of those but that's it.
Since the trial has ended and the jurors have been able to see all the things the State hid and just how contaminated the DNA was, I do believe a few of those 8 have changed their minds.

Click on this site and read all you can under the Key Players. You might change your mind too. I do not believe Fred Cooper is guilty. The trial in Feb. will show more.

http://nbc-2.com/GatewayTrial/index.shtml

"out there", "very, very strange"...

How dare you! I wonder how your family would be viewed in the event of such a terrible tragedy? You might want to think about it too.

Everybody's family is a little strange to outsiders. Shame on you both.

Shame on both of us for having an opinion? Sorry, but I think that is my right. Did you listen to both of the tapes?
My family is strange too, to outsiders and insiders. That doesn't take away my right to have an opinion.

Hopefully, this fubar will only allow the prosecutors a chance to fine-tune the case against Cooper and getting the trial moved to a different location works for me - it's still the same facts and players involved. I'm definitely keeping the faith.....

I'm keeping the faith too that they will be able to ID the unknown fingerprints, the unknown DNA, the four AM phone call to the house the day they were killed, and the person (or the two) who really did this. Maybe they will put the detectives and ME on the stand that the State tried so hard to hide their testimony. They were the one's at the actual scene, and they know what they saw, but the State doesn't want us to know. Maybe it will all come out Feb. 17 or soon after. Let's all keep the faith that justice will truly be served.

I have followed this case since day 1, and I just finsihed reading the trial blog online etc and I honestly can't beleive that they had a mistrial!!!

For one HE places himself at the CRIME SCENE the NIGHT of the murders!!!! The ONLY reason he does this is because he knows his DNA was found on Michelle. I think Michelle did call him and she was the one who told him about it the affair but I think he lost it.

I am curious if they had the cell phone & other phone records for Kellie, Steven, Michelle & Fred????? I think this would tell a lot as far as who was calling who & when.....

Read it all again because he did not place himself at the crime scene. The crime scene is the bedroom. They found NOTHING from Fred Cooper at the crime scene. No fingerprints, no footprints, no blood, no hair, no skin cells, and not one person who saw him go in or out of the house. They did find someone's real DNA and when it didn't match Fred Cooper, they quit testing it. The State did a C- job in this case.

Speaking of CSI Syndrome.......

If NOT Fred, then who?

Speaking of CSI Syndrome.......

If NOT Fred, then who?

Valid question but not one that the defense should have to give the answer to, the LCSO should have looked longer than ten hours. This was a rush to judgment and if you read their sworn statements to the Judge, you will see that they lied as much if not more than Fred did. I can list them if you don't already know them.

As to if not Fred then who, try finding a match for the blood on the rag. Find out if the man Michelle had sex with a few years back,(in a car and while married to Steven) matches that blood. Maybe he is angry about the abortion. See if Kellie's friend who is also a white male, six feet tall, facial hair, and owns a camo jacket, and was in town that day, matches that blood on the rag. He did say he would do anything for her, and he had friends who loved to beat people up. He also posted on his MySpace page, as a signature under his avatar, this sentence.
Sometimes you just gotta choke a *itch. Also, one year to the day Fred Cooper was arrested, another friend posted a public message on his page that said: Have I told you lately I'm gonna pistol whip you?

Kellie and Steven were both spending money like crazy, money they didn't have, yet. They were talking about raising their children together as if Michelle and Cooper were not going to be in the picture. The detectives should have at least checked that line of thinking. Was Michelle suppose to be the only one killed? Was Cooper to be the one to pay for Michelle's murder? Kellie and Steven would be free, no child support to pay, insurance money in hand, but maybe something went wrong.

These murders were terrible. Both families have gone through so much and they deserve to know the real person or persons who did this will pay. If Cooper did do it, then he should pay, but if he didn't, I hope they find the right killer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nocturnalmeee
Back