Found Deceased FL - Tammy Alexander, 16, Brooksville, 8 Nov 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Listening to CarlK on True Crime Radio!

I have to agree; I'm outraged by what York said. He of all people knows that times were way different. LE refused to even take a report saying teens ran away. They said the same thing about adults too. Adults are allowed to just up & walk away. SSA's parents were told her sister ran away too; her parents refused to let LE push them around. They knew Deb didn't run away.

As for the hairbrush; there is a grandmother still alive that is trying to help; we do not know when they asked for a hair brush; could have been the 80's/90's; I'm not sure when DNA 1st started or if they were trying to match hairs from Tammy's brush to a Jane Doe. Wiki DNA profiling

Back when Laurel called LE, they were pretty sure she was 1 of 2 bodies found buried in a back yard in FL. There were many serial killers centralized in FL

Websleuths thread FL- Weeki Wachee, WhtFem UP12589, 20-30, 1 of 2 Buried w/2 ID'd Victims, Mar'81

From this thread 09-30-2014, 12:43 AM post #24

Yes, Florida LE tried very hard to not file a MP report for Deb, and she was purged from the system, but we knew how hard my parents had to fight to get Deb listed as missing and not as a runaway, so we have always known to closely monitor Deb's case, and my brother stays on top of everything about her.

I believe it was an aunt and not a grandmother, I think the article may have misquoted that.

Listening to CarlK on True Crime Radio!

The interview was a bit disorganized. Tricia told me what questions she was going to ask, and so I prepared for those questions, and then she went off script with different questions. I got cut off mid sentence a few times for commercials, and we never were able to cover all the things we were planning on talking about.

And I rambled on too long on the things I did talk about.

Congrats to Carlk you rock and RIP in peace Miss Tammy Jo Alexander may you find peace. I feel that this is going to be a very good year for Websleuths.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...mela-dyson-cali-missing-girl-murder/22598871/

This article has a more extensive interview with sister Pamela. She mentions their mother probably had undiagnosed mental illness. I was already wondering about that. I have a dear friend with bipolar disease, and one of the characteristics (among many) is memory issues. Sometimes she thinks something hasn't happened that did happen, and vice versa. If Tammy's mother did have mental illness, I wonder if that may have been a factor in reporting (or not reporting) Tammy missing? If she was in a drug-induced fog, and had memory issues as part of her illness, maybe she sincerely thought she had, but didn't actually do it? Perhaps that's where the hair brush story came from (it would have had to have been added in later though, because no one knew about DNA profiling at the time).

Another thing Pamela mentioned is that both she and Tammy were frequent runaways. Perhaps their mother simply thought that Tammy had gone off on one of her jaunts and would eventually reappear, just as she always had in the past. Then, as time went by, and she didn't come home -- perhaps she simply thought (as Pamela did) that Tammy had found a new life somewhere. She was, after all, 16 years old. She'd been working as a waitress at the truck stop, so knew how to support herself.

And yet...Tammy was listed as deceased in her mother's obituary....

Tammys mom was probably self medicating with drugs and alcohol to cope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...mela-dyson-cali-missing-girl-murder/22598871/

This article has a more extensive interview with sister Pamela. She mentions their mother probably had undiagnosed mental illness. I was already wondering about that. I have a dear friend with bipolar disease, and one of the characteristics (among many) is memory issues. Sometimes she thinks something hasn't happened that did happen, and vice versa. If Tammy's mother did have mental illness, I wonder if that may have been a factor in reporting (or not reporting) Tammy missing? If she was in a drug-induced fog, and had memory issues as part of her illness, maybe she sincerely thought she had, but didn't actually do it? Perhaps that's where the hair brush story came from (it would have had to have been added in later though, because no one knew about DNA profiling at the time).

Another thing Pamela mentioned is that both she and Tammy were frequent runaways. Perhaps their mother simply thought that Tammy had gone off on one of her jaunts and would eventually reappear, just as she always had in the past. Then, as time went by, and she didn't come home -- perhaps she simply thought (as Pamela did) that Tammy had found a new life somewhere. She was, after all, 16 years old. She'd been working as a waitress at the truck stop, so knew how to support herself.

And yet...Tammy was listed as deceased in her mother's obituary....

Pam was told by her mother there was a report. I feel like a broken record; have said this many, many times so will paste in my other reply. Times were way different. LE refused to even take a report saying teens ran away. They said the same thing about adults too. Adults are allowed to just up & walk away. SSA's parents were told her sister ran away too; her parents refused to let LE push them around. They knew Deb didn't run away.

Pam was told by her mother there was a report. I feel like a broken record; have said this many, many times so will paste in my other reply
times were way different. LE refused to even take a report saying teens ran away. They said the same thing about adults too. Adults are allowed to just up & walk away. SSA's parents were told her sister ran away too; her parents refused to let LE push them around. They knew Deb didn't run away.

I do suspect that there was an attempt to report. Knowing what I know now, knowing how hard it is sometimes to get the authorities to listen to my concerns in 2013 and 2014.

I do suspect that there was an attempt to report. Knowing what I know now, knowing how hard it is sometimes to get the authorities to listen to my concerns in 2013 and 2014.

I wish I had experience with Dallas LE; I do not understand why they are refusing you.
Tammy was known to leave, but she came back. I do not know how she was with going to school; we know she had class pictures that 1979/ 1980 school year. You would think the school would have questioned her being gone too.

My heart aches for your daisy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, Tssiemer. I am still attempting to take action. When I meet an obstacle, I try to go around it.:banghead: :tantrum: :banghead: :waitasec: :please: :silenced: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wish I had experience with Dallas LE; I do not understand why they are refusing you.
Tammy was known to leave, but she came back. I do not know how she was with going to school; we know she had class pictures that 1979/ 1980 school year. You would think the school would have questioned her being gone too.

What do we know about what the standing was of Tammy's family in the community itself. We would have to be naïve not to assume that who they were mattered.

The interview was a bit disorganized. Tricia told me what questions she was going to ask, and so I prepared for those questions, and then she went off script with different questions. I got cut off mid sentence a few times for commercials, and we never were able to cover all the things we were planning on talking about.

And I rambled on too long on the things I did talk about.

His interview starts at 22:07; so forward to 22:05. I'm still listening; am at 32 minutes in; you're talking about how you started doing recons. 33 starts Cali/ Tammy Jo.

Beth Karas and Carl Koppelman Radio Archive Jan. 2015 - January 29 2015
Guests: Beth Karas and Carl Koppelman

On today’s True Crime Show with Tricia Griffith, we talk to Beth Karas to get an update on the Jody Arias case. As well as talking to Carl Koppelman and how he identified the body of a 16 year old girl from the 70’s!!

Thank you, Tssiemer. I am still attempting to take action. When I meet an obstacle, I try to go around it.:banghead: :tantrum: :banghead: :waitasec: :please: :silenced: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't know; you seem to be plowing through the obstacles.

What do we know about what the standing was of Tammy's family in the community itself. We would have to be naïve not to assume that who they were mattered.

All that I know is they owned a truck stop. We have a family member posting; perhaps she can fill in some blanks. I'm not so sure how much she can say since this is now a murder investigation.

I am going to add my 2 cents here.

Yes times were way different in 1979. I believe Pamela Dyson, Tammy Jo's sister, is telling the truth.

I believe her mother did file a missing person report when Tammy Jo went missing. Sadly back in those days, local police departments did purge runaway records. I don't know what it was like in Florida, but in some jurisdictions when the runaway turned 18, records were purged.

Case in point Niki Diane Britten

http://www.cityofalbany.net/departments/police/report-crime/cold-cases

Today its different NAMUS, NCMEC are records that we can check from state to state and throughout the world. Technology has changed and how we think have changed for the better.

We should be thankful for Pamela Dyson. She submitted DNA samples that proved this was Tammy Jo Alexander.

We know that Tammy's killer emptied her pockets to remove her purse and any I.D. she carried. Do you think he just destroyed them, or would he have kept the items as a trophy?

I wonder if Tammy Jo Alexander typically carried a purse (or backpack)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back