FL FL - Tammy Leppert, 18, Cocoa Beach, 6 July 1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I remember hearing this case years ago on Unsolved Mysteries. This Christopher Wilder was very similar to Ted Bundy in the fact that he drove all over different states in a relatively short amount of time to commit his crimes. Along with this, he preferred "college-type" looking girls. My belief is that Wilder was involved due to coincidence and MO with his "modeling" ruse. I've read all the threads related to this case here on WS and it baffles me as to how the Police have ignored this case. I have a friend to went to Univ. of Florida and was a friend of Tiffany Sessions, who disappeared there in 1989 with no answers either. Does anyone know what is the official police theory is on this case? And if so, what the heck has been done?

Hi
Thankyou.this Jane Doe had a gap in her teeth and Apparantly they do not think it is her.The post mortem picture does not really look like her.The post mortem picture was not made public.

suzanne

thinking of you...and trying to learn how to use the doe network. i'll post if i see anything. :hug

Suzanne,

Hello, I was wondering if you have ever thought about writing a book on your sister's disappearance? I've read all the posts here on WS and can see how much you really care and just want some sort of resolution. Just a thought, but maybe this is an idea that will finally bring much needed attention to this case and possibly make some investigators (public or private) look into every angle and possibility. Along with that, maybe it will bring some people out who have been afraid to speak but will now due to the passage of time. All the best...

Hi
I agree I should.Maybe I can one day.We called the FDLE in to investigate her case in 1997 and nothing became of it.They were recently called in again.So the FDLE and the CBPD are reinvestigating her case again.So I pray they find out something this time.I mean it's really been too long.

suzanne

Suzanne,

Hope that the FDLE/CBPD does find some answers finally. I grew up in Fort Lauderdale and remember her case since I was a kid. I understand that you are not of the opinion that Christopher Wilder was involved, but it made me think of something. Wilder was known to travel long distances, many times out of the Florida state line. When a criminal crosses state lines to commit an abduction, murder, etc., like Wilder did, then the FBI can be brought into a case (or just take it over). Was the FBI ever involved in Tammy's case? It seems that the FDLE has bungled a lot of investigations in the past. Also, with Tammy being in the film/modeling industry, was or has there ever been any attempt to use any contacts in her films/career for publicity regarding her case, such as any Scarface actors, directors, or agents who may have some clout for public appeals/commercials/news broadcast? Just some thoughts. All the best...

Hi
Oh,I don't know.I hope they are doing all that this time.

suzanne

Suzanne, I really hope you find your sister someday. I first learned of her story when I was a kid while watching Unsolved Mysteries. I think of her often, and hope some answers will come to light one day.

I thought it might be helpful to post any does that have been looked into, need to be looked into and especially those that have been ruled out. (I was finding it hard to keep everything committed to memory while looking through the databases). This way we won't be bugging you with already known info and we can focus on stuff that hasn't been looked into. I took info from this thread. Did I miss any?

Tammy's Doe Network case file number is 211DFFL.

16UFLA - ?
125UFNV - too tall?
335UFOH - ruled out through dna
55UFTX - ruled out through dna
554UFL - ruled out, gap in teeth
5223UFFL - don't think it's her but no DNA done

Hi
Thankyou.They say my DNA is in CODIS and if there is DNA on the Jane Doe and it is in CODIS it will come up as a hit(A match)if it is tammy.

suzanne

this is probably a newbie question... do most new does have their DNA put into CODIS or does it vary from state to state?

Hi
Alot of the older cases of Jane Does are not.They are just starting to do this.In older cases they are having to go and exhume the remains to get DNA on thier Jane Doe.I hope they are putting this in CODIS.I assume they are.

suzanne

okay, i'll keep looking through all the old ones then... maybe i'll see something that someone else missed. i'm just going through doe network state by state. i'll let you know if i find anything. :hug:

Hi
Thankyou.Can you please let me know any of the possible matches that don't have DNA on them?

suzanne

Suzanne,

Just going through some of the unidentified across the U.S. that fit Tammy's profile from the Doe Network that I think haven't been posted or looked into yet. These are from 1983-1989. Will be back online later tonight to check more...

Case File: 100UFOR
Case File 98UFWA
Hot Case 499
Hot Case 378
Case File 461UFPA
Hot Case 826

i'm going to copy and add those to my list with links so we can keep this straight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487
Back