Identified! FL - Tampa, WhtFem UP61522, 11-15, most likely 12-14 years old, Jan'91 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Possible altho, Susan’s nose is more upturned. It could be the difference between the angle of Susan’s photo and Tampa Girls sketch.

Port Orange is a 2 hour straight shot on I-4 over to Tampa. That’s a long way to dump a body considering some perps are just plain lazy and tend to go to familiar areas. At the time these girls went missing, there were so many unpopulated areas, that were convenient to dump a body, that I really don’t think Susan is a match.

I sent in Tinze Huels as a possible match. She looks like a good candidate in this case and she went missing in 1984 which is before the dates listed for this unknown angel. Carrie Sutherland (NamUs contact) responded and said toy has been received. It only took about four days to rule out Martha Lambert so hopefully it’ll be the same for this one.

upload_2021-11-16_23-10-14.jpeg

I sent in Tinze Huels as a possible match. She looks like a good candidate in this case and she went missing in 1984 which is before the dates listed for this unknown angel. Carrie Sutherland (NamUs contact) responded and said toy has been received. It only took about four days to rule out Martha Lambert so hopefully it’ll be the same for this one.

View attachment 322469

Thank you for doing that. It would be a good thing to know. Sorry to hear that Martha Lambert is still not found.

View attachment 322469
Thank you, Mysteries. I'll crosspost this to Tinzie's thread to bump it up (it hasn't had any activities since 2019, poor kid).

For convenience, Tinzie Huels' WS thread:
FL - FL - Tinzie Lucinda Huels, 17, Hillsborough County, 27 Oct 1984

I came up with this before but I still think this is a good candidate for this Jane Doe. @Sleuthster I didn't see you around a lot lately, are you okay? You contacted the detective back in February of this year. Did you hear anything yet? If not do you have an Email address I could sent this suggestion to?

Could this Jane Doe be the remains of Wendy Huggy? She was a little older, 16, when she went missing in 1982 from Clearwater, FL. (29 minutes drive to Tampa) Wendy Lynn Huggy – The Charley Project

upload_2020-12-26_11-23-38-png.276961
upload_2020-12-26_11-23-52-png.276962

I came up with this before but I still think this is a good candidate for this Jane Doe. @Sleuthster I didn't see you around a lot lately, are you okay? You contacted the detective back in February of this year. Did you hear anything yet? If not do you have an Email address I could sent this suggestion to?

Could this Jane Doe be the remains of Wendy Huggy? She was a little older, 16, when she went missing in 1982 from Clearwater, FL. (29 minutes drive to Tampa) Wendy Lynn Huggy – The Charley Project

upload_2020-12-26_11-23-38-png.276961
upload_2020-12-26_11-23-52-png.276962
I've been working a lot of hours as a substitute teacher. It's been crazy for months. Unfortunately, not much time to help search for what happened to Wendy or any of the other missing cases.
I never heard back from the detective. Not sure why. His Name is Todd Koenig with the Pasco County Sheriffs Dept. tkoenig@pascosheriff.org He used to get back to me right away but have not gotten a response to the last 2 emails that I sent him. If you or anyone else would like to try and submit a tip this would be the email to contact him. Please let me know if you hear back.

I've been working a lot of hours as a substitute teacher. It's been crazy for months. Unfortunately, not much time to help search for what happened to Wendy or any of the other missing cases.
I never heard back from the detective. Not sure why. His Name is Todd Koenig with the Pasco County Sheriffs Dept. tkoenig@pascosheriff.org He used to get back to me right away but have not gotten a response to the last 2 emails that I sent him. If you or anyone else would like to try and submit a tip this would be the email to contact him. Please let me know if you hear back.

I see. Good to hear you are ok. Anybody wants to contact Mr. Koenig?

As a tiny *bump*, I'm gonna throw out Dorothy Scofield as a possible match here.

Dorothy Delilah Scofield, age 12, went missing from Ocala, Florida on February 22, 1976. Ocala is about one and a half hour drive from Tampa (but then again, we don't know exactly where Tampa Girl was originally discovered). An estimated 15 year PMI could work. Dorothy had a missing tooth by the time she went missing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Dorothy Delilah Scofield – The Charley Project

Dorothy Scofield

Dorothy Scofield's WS thread:
FL - FL - Dorothy Schofield, 14, Ocala, 22 July 1976

*Bumping Tampa Girl's thread*

NamUs exclusions as of May 25th:

MP6614
Annette Sagers
10/04/1988
Berkeley
SC

MP6278
Martha Lambert
11/27/1985
St. Johns
FL

MP3980
Debora Lowe
02/29/1972
Broward
FL

MP4632
Gail Joiner
09/22/1972
Hillsborough
FL

As a tiny *bump*, I'm gonna throw out Dorothy Scofield as a possible match here.

Dorothy Delilah Scofield, age 12, went missing from Ocala, Florida on February 22, 1976. Ocala is about one and a half hour drive from Tampa (but then again, we don't know exactly where Tampa Girl was originally discovered). An estimated 15 year PMI could work. Dorothy had a missing tooth by the time she went missing.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Dorothy Delilah Scofield – The Charley Project

Dorothy Scofield

Dorothy Scofield's WS thread:
FL - FL - Dorothy Schofield, 14, Ocala, 22 July 1976
Mrs Bad I think there’s absolutely enough uncertainty about where Dorothy ended up that this could be her. I’d like to believe LE have already considered her, but we’ve just seen so many cases where the missing person came from just a few counties away.

Looks like Hernando county is taking a second look on a bunch of cold cases involving UIDs from their and surrounding counties. Two of the Weeki Wachee UIDs were entered into NamUs about the same time as Tampa Girl and made public at about the same time, as well. Could be a coincidence of course, but since LE there has involved forensic genealogy, there might be something bigger going on, too.

It seems like Hernando county (and det. George Loydgren) is no longer named as a contributing investigating agency on Tampa Girl's NamUs page, or at least not on her public page. The page was last updated on April 16th.
IMO/JMO:
With victims in the Mansfield case getting identified and the case getting thoroughly investigated, I think Tampa Girl has been ruled out of that case being a potential victim herself. I'm still thankful for Hernando county (and det. George Loydgren) for taking a second look at the said case; if it hadn't been for that, Tampa Girl would probably still be in a evidence locker, lost and forgotten. Hopefully, she has DNA on file, and even someone working on her genealogy *fingers crossed*

It's time to go home now, kiddo.

IMO/JMO:
With victims in the Mansfield case getting identified and the case getting thoroughly investigated, I think Tampa Girl has been ruled out of that case being a potential victim herself. I'm still thankful for Hernando county (and det. George Loydgren) for taking a second look at the said case; if it hadn't been for that, Tampa Girl would probably still be in a evidence locker, lost and forgotten. Hopefully, she has DNA on file, and even someone working on her genealogy *fingers crossed*

It's time to go home now, kiddo.
I sent Tampa Girl’s case to Othram in December and hopefully they take on her case! I think the name works

Added to the Doe Network today (08/09/2022)

1697UFFL - Unidentified Female​

1697UFFL.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by FL Institute of Forensic Anthropology

Date of Discovery: January 1, 1991
Location of Discovery: Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only.
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 11-15 years old
Race: White
Height: Unknown
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

Juvenile female that is likely 12-14 years old.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Unknown
Agency Phone Number: 813-247-8200
Agency E-Mail: Unknown
Agency Case Number: 20-365986

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 61522

Information Source(s)​

NamUs

Admin Notes​

Added: 08/08/2022; Last Updated: 08/08/2022

I was thinking of her today as I was in Tampa for treatment. Every time I drive thru the USF campus, I get the vibe that this was not where she was found.
Seems like NamUs operates with parameters that needs to be filled out, so when exact location can't be established, many just use a recent or the current location. AFAIK, precise location of Tampa Girl's discovery site is lost, along with her original case file.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back