Identified! FL - Tampa, WhtFem UP61522, 11-15, most likely 12-14 years old, Jan'91 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Who is this precious child? I head up for my treatment each month and think of her.

She is someone’s child, maybe sister, somebody’s friend. Did she have a pet who loved her? What was her favorite color? Did she like to play sports or was she a quiet reader? I wish there was a sign from above to point the way.

I'm up here on the USF campus for my treatment today. I've looked back over the different locations we've all been mentioning here. In my gut, I just don't think Tampa Girl was found on this campus. The Hillsborough River is nearby with some park access points and a lot of green space. It is possible the partial remains could have been found in this area. Flooding is a huge issue in Tampa and always has been. JMO

When I had my transplant in 2017, we stayed in an apartment complex very close to the USF campus, the laundry mat mentioned, and the lounge mentioned. I recall the apartment complex was a gated community. When you left, within a few blocks was a rough area, rundown buildings, definitely a low tax base area. I can't imagine it was much different in the mid-1990s.

I find the pins on NAMUS to be inaccurate most of the time. I don't know what it is. Maybe they don't want people showing up at people's homes sleuthing or something like that....I usually get the address from a media report.

I can't seem to find an article on this UD skeleton find. Did I miss something? Looking for Tampa in jan 1991, maybe they never had anything in the paper about it?

Wait a minute. @Mrs. Badcrumble - Hold on. The NAMUS says The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) - date is 1991 for the *same doe* as 1994 on here.

Look at page 1 post one on here. It says 1994. Date Body Found: January 1, 1994 same picture and circumstances.

Someone somewhere either typoed or there's a change in the data.

The data must be changed to 1-1-1991. I'm sure it was 1994 at first. That would mean a couple of girls we came up with in the thread can't be this Jane Doe. Still no PMI

I think they found mainly a skull
From the Namus file
Torso not recovered
One or more limbs not recovered
One or both hands not recovered

Look at page 1 post one on here. It says 1994. Date Body Found: January 1, 1994 same picture and circumstances.

Someone somewhere either typoed or there's a change in the data.
Her NamUs must've changed recently, then. Last update seems to be June 18th, but her initial discovery date was Jan. 1st, 1994, but as I've mentioned earlier in this thread, I've always suspected this is just a default date, and her real discovery date is unknown or lost (I also have a feeling the original case file is lost/destroyed ages ago), but I thought at least the year of discovery was correct.

For some reason, this recent update makes me sad. Nothing seems to be known about Tampa Girl, not even how or when she was discovered. Is she one of those cases that's been discovered in an ME/coroner's office, like Manitowoc Jane Doe? At least her case seems to be worked on and is updated on a regular basis, which is more than has been done these past 30 (?) years.

I'll alert the mods to change the date in the thread title.

Well, I’ll search 1994 later today just in case. And I’ll also widen from January since you guys think it’s a placeholder.

Also what does bbm mean @Mrs. Badcrumble in this context?

Due respect to the awesome Mrs. Badcrumble, that stands for

Bolded By Me

to indicate that the emphasis is suggested by the poster who is responding.

You'll also see RSBM -- Respectfully Snipped By Me -- to cut quotes to a more manageable size.

jmho Just My Humble Opinion
ymmv Your Mileage May Vary
lrr Lather, Rinse, Repeat

Alexis Duggan have a striking resemblance, but missing 20 years prior of this Female UID

Alexis Dugan – The Charley Project

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Alexis Duggan

Original

Original

At this point Romulus I don’t think any of us know the date for sure. Maybe it is? Who knows?

The skeletal remains found said "Torso not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered"
So we know a SKULL was found, right?

Also, look at this: Unidentified Remains Not a single skeleton found in 1991 or 1994 listed there. I found an article discussing a skull and some random leg bones found on October 20, 1992 in Wauchula, on a church lawn. That was the only unexplained skeletal/skull article I could find that wasn't solved between 1991-1994 in Tampa. They figured that skull was a grave robbery (since Church lawn).

I realize this was 2016, but this is horrifying. Faces of 9 unidentified victims hidden from public eye

MP6278
Martha Lambert
Nov. 27th, 1985
St. Johns
FL

has recently been added to the list of NamUs exclusions.
The others are:

MP3980
Debora Lowe
Feb. 29th, 1972
Broward
FL

MP4632
Gail Joiner
Sept. 22nd, 1972
Hillsborough
FL
Yes thank you. I sent Martha in as a tip since I had reason to believe she might’ve been left in Tampa. I contacted the police involved in this young lady’s case but it wasn’t a match. I hope someone finds her identity. I’m betting on Andrea Durham as another possible match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129
Back