Identified! FL - Tampa, WhtFem UP61522, 11-15, most likely 12-14 years old, Jan'91 - Name withheld

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder why this sweetie is not listed on this site....how sad.
Unidentified Remains
She is on this site now, but it says she was missing sometime prior to 1995....

1687563235883.png

----------------------------------------

Tampa Girl's NamUs page was recently updated, and I believe she's got a new case owner:

CASE OWNER
Hillsborough Medical Examiners Office
(813) 914-4500

Agency Case Number
MEO21-12162/USF19-018
No Investigator Entered

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office is still listed as an investigating agency; same detective, too.

I wonder if this means LE has exhausted all leads and current theories, and the only way forward in the case, is Tampa Girl being identified. I'm having my fingers crossed that @othram is being sneaky again and are secretly working on her. They are usually very quiet when working on FL cases ;)

View attachment 430782

I wonder if this means LE has exhausted all leads and current theories, and the only way forward in the case, is Tampa Girl being identified. I'm having my fingers crossed that @othram is being sneaky again and are secretly working on her. They are usually very quiet when working on FL cases ;)
So I saw @Aurora90 post on Jennifer Perry's thread. I emailed the Hillsborough Medical Examiner's office this morning and he got back to me.

Good morning Janell,

Our cold case investigation unit supervisor, Blake Patel has been notified and when he gets back in he will follow up with you accordingly. Thank you for reaching out.

I then responded and received another email back.

I can assure you, he will look into this.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

So I saw @Aurora90 post on Jennifer Perry's thread. I emailed the Hillsborough Medical Examiner's office this morning and he got back to me.

Good morning Janell,

Our cold case investigation unit supervisor, Blake Patel has been notified and when he gets back in he will follow up with you accordingly. Thank you for reaching out.

I then responded and received another email back.

I can assure you, he will look into this.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
It definitely could be her. Most websites state the girl died before 1995. I think most of the cases of missing Florida girls from 1980-1995 are safe to be suggested

View attachment 430782

That’s possible and once the DNA is processed it could be turned over to the FDLE GG team to build the tree, etc. I’m not up to speed on how it all works when you have someone to do the DNA analysis, then someone else do the GG.

It definitely could be her. Most websites state the girl died before 1995. I think most of the cases of missing Florida girls from 1980-1995 are safe to be suggested
I did even say that I know it could be a reach because Jennifer went missing from Marathon FL which is at the southern tip of FL and the Jane Doe was found in Tampa. A 6 hour drive between the two locations, but as of most of us know, we have seen that distance doesn't matter.

I haven't heard anything back from the ME office today, and I keep checking NamUs to see if either profile of Jennifer or the Jane Doe has been modified.

I did even say that I know it could be a reach because Jennifer went missing from Marathon FL which is at the southern tip of FL and the Jane Doe was found in Tampa. A 6 hour drive between the two locations, but as of most of us know, we have seen that distance doesn't matter.

I haven't heard anything back from the ME office today, and I keep checking NamUs to see if either profile of Jennifer or the Jane Doe has been modified.
There’s 2 main routes once you’re back on the mainland. I-95 N up the east coast and I-75 up the west coast. It’s possible she hitched a ride northward. She could have met foul play after being dropped off. So may possible scenarios.

Truly hope she gets her name back soon. I think of her every time I go to Tampa for treatment. I pray for her and ask to send us a sign and that her family needs her home.

There’s 2 main routes once you’re back on the mainland. I-95 N up the east coast and I-75 up the west coast. It’s possible she hitched a ride northward. She could have met foul play after being dropped off. So may possible scenarios.

Truly hope she gets her name back soon. I think of her every time I go to Tampa for treatment. I pray for her and ask to send us a sign and that her family needs her home.
Thank you so much for caring about these Florida Doe cases like you do. Florida seems to have so many does. Even though I am
from PA, these FL cases seem to tug at my heart strings.

Ah! Thank you for reminding me on the missing FL girls from the 80s WS thread! I swore I had already posted it in Tampa Girl’s thread, but it turns out I only posted about TG in the missing FL girls’ thread instead ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you so much for caring about these Florida Doe cases like you do. Florida seems to have so many does. Even though I am
from PA, these FL cases seem to tug at my heart strings.
When I was in high school (grad 1980) I lived in the Melbourne & Palm Bay area on the east coast of FL. We all heard about young girls missing and being murdered. There was news of serial killers, etc. It scared my entire family.

My mom, her husband, my older brother, my boyfriend and all their friends, particularly the males, were constantly on alert for all the young girls in our social circle. If I went somewhere alone, I had to call one of them when I arrived.

My friends and I were prime bait for whoever was nabbing young girls and women. Hence my interest in FL missing/murdered people.

Last edited:
When I was in high school (grad 1980) I lived in the Melbourne & Palm Bay area on the east coast of FL. We all heard about young girls missing and being murdered. There was news of serial killers, etc. It scared my entire family.

My mom, her husband, my older brother, my boyfriend and all their friends, particularly the males, were constantly on alert for all the young girls in our social circle. If I went somewhere alone, I had to call one of them when I arrived.

My friends and I were prime bait for whoever was nabbing young girls and women. Hence my interest in FL missing/murdered people.
I gained an interest after noticing so many cases of missing/murdered women in Florida were forgotten or not really mentioned anywhere online. My mission started mainly as a result of my efforts in Martha Jean Lamberts case.

I’m hoping comparisons are done soon. When I suggested Martha as a match to Tampa Girl it only took four days to eliminate the possibility.
I hope we hear back soon. I am not sure if the guy is out of the office on vacation or just wasn't there when I submitted it on Monday. I actually submitted 3 possible matches this week to Jane Does, I heard back from two of the cases that they will be looked into. I submitted one this morning and put a read receipt on the email, it hasn't been read yet.

I gained an interest after noticing so many cases of missing/murdered women in Florida were forgotten or not really mentioned anywhere online. My mission started mainly as a result of my efforts in Martha Jean Lamberts case.
I hope you find out one day what happened to Martha. What a sad case.

So I just received an email back.:)

I’ve looked into this possible match.

In terms of the discrepancies of the found year: We have reasons to believe that the deceased individual was found before 1995 or 1994. I’m working with NamUs coordinator to address the 1991 found year discrepancy. I also checked our website (Unidentified Remains) which lists the found date as before 1995 as well.

Now in reference to the potential match with Jennifer. I do see that Jennifer has two family reference samples with mtDNA and our deceased also has mtDNA on file. I’m working with NamUs and UNT to look into a one-to-one profile match. While Jennifer went missing in Marathon, I definitely agree that it shouldn’t exclude her especially since her biological profile definitely seems to match.

I appreciate your email and thank you for your time,

So I just received an email back.:)

I’ve looked into this possible match.

In terms of the discrepancies of the found year: We have reasons to believe that the deceased individual was found before 1995 or 1994. I’m working with NamUs coordinator to address the 1991 found year discrepancy. I also checked our website (Unidentified Remains) which lists the found date as before 1995 as well.

Now in reference to the potential match with Jennifer. I do see that Jennifer has two family reference samples with mtDNA and our deceased also has mtDNA on file. I’m working with NamUs and UNT to look into a one-to-one profile match. While Jennifer went missing in Marathon, I definitely agree that it shouldn’t exclude her especially since her biological profile definitely seems to match.

I appreciate your email and thank you for your time,
That’s so great they both have mtDNA on file. Can’t wait to hear the results :)

I just received an email back from Blake, the Forensic Death Investigator also.

I totally see the confusion with that and I will work with our IT about correcting the date. That should also state 1994. I’ve also already heard back from NamUs and we can officially exclude Ms. Jennifer as a potential match for our decedent as the DNA would have come up as a match.

I just received an email back from Blake, the Forensic Death Investigator also.

I totally see the confusion with that and I will work with our IT about correcting the date. That should also state 1994. I’ve also already heard back from NamUs and we can officially exclude Ms. Jennifer as a potential match for our decedent as the DNA would have come up as a match.
Sad that it wasn't a match, but if it isn't her, it isn't her. We want the right answer, not an easy wrong one.

Sorry, Tampa sweetie, we'll just have to keep looking until we find the right one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly
Back