FL FL - Tavia Bailey, 15, Pensacola, 31 Dec 1985

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As Tavia's friend was the last to see her at Chuck E. Cheese, I'd be curious to know what she had to say. For instance, what did Tavia say when they split up? Like, did she see someone else there she knew and wanted to hang out with? Or did she even leave the place with someone - when probably the kids were supposed to stay put the whole evening - and the friend didn't want to admit that?

As Tavia's friend was the last to see her at Chuck E. Cheese, I'd be curious to know what she had to say. For instance, what did Tavia say when they split up? Like, did she see someone else there she knew and wanted to hang out with? Or did she even leave the place with someone - when probably the kids were supposed to stay put the whole evening - and the friend didn't want to admit that?
Aug. 3, 2020, will be Tavia’s 50th birthday. Her mother says it would be a “miracle” if this year, they got the answers they so desperately need.

This age progression image, designed by forensic artists at NCMEC, shows what Tavia Bailey might look like today, at 50 years old.

tavia-ap.jpg

Letters from Tavia

07-30-2020
As the clock struck midnight that New Years Eve, turning 1985 into 1986, a crowd of teens rang in the new year at their local Chuck E. Cheese in Pensacola, Florida. One of the kids in attendance was 15-year-old Tavia Bailey, an adventurous young girl with a love for poetry, her family and friends.

The friend Tavia was with that night, Charlotte, had arranged for her mother to pick the girls up after the party. But by the time her mother arrived, Charlotte had been searching for Tavia for a while after losing her in the crowd sometime during the celebration.

Tavia Bailey hasn’t been seen since that night. Tavia’s mother, Sheri Lane, has always held onto the hope that someone knows what happened to her daughter all those years ago and has it in their heart to come forward today.

“When I didn’t hear from Tavia, I went out looking for her. I drove all around the area. I went crazy, there was nothing, no word as to what happened or where she was.”

Tavia (left) with her mother.
tavia-and-sheri.jpg

etc.

Also in this writing some letters Tavia wrote and a drawing.

Another recon, age progressed to 39 years.

Tavia Bailey

Interesting note. Valentine Doe once was thought to be Tavia, lead processed, turned out to be negative. Valentine Doe is identified as Wanda Deann Kirkum in June 2020.

I wonder about the scars in her face. None of the reproductions show them and also her pictures don't show them. Why is there not a real clear picture that shows them.

Last edited:
As a matter of fact, my family originates from NY I think my aunt is the one that planted that seed and they may have went the first time together. I remember one time going to pick them up at a gas station with my mom in the middle of the night! They often ran away together. I am proud to say that my aunt has overcome what ever brought her to the point of wanting to get away from our family. She is married (15 yrs), has two amazing kids, three even more amazing grand kids, and is a successful artist. Tavia was robbed of her chance at life and she needs to be brought home!

Does your aunt know about Tavia's scars or any other relevant information that is not on file? Was her hair permed at the time she went missing, something specific about her teeth, for instance. And does she have more pictures of Tavia (she can fade herself away). Would you be so kind to ask her?

Does your aunt know about Tavia's scars or any other relevant information that is not on file? Was her hair permed at the time she went missing, something specific about her teeth, for instance. And does she have more pictures of Tavia (she can fade herself away). Would you be so kind to ask her?
I always chicken out when I try to ask her about Tavia. I’ll try.

I always chicken out when I try to ask her about Tavia. I’ll try.

Please don't do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable...On my side it sounds so easy.......I'm direct and bold and always ask the "I want to know your inner -protected- space" questions. Must say I have a lot of very positive reactions on that but that will not always be the case.

Poor Tavia. She was obviously emotionally vulnerable and victimized by some sociopath. I hope her mother will still get answers.

I 100% hoping with you. I think she certainly was a damaged child (sound so harsh in English, don't mean to be ..we call it like that in the Netherlands and I'm one of them) considering her history....still we can't be sure she was victimized by a sociopath....or did I missed something?

....still we can't be sure she was victimized by a sociopath

Quote RSBM.

If a 15-year-old goes missing while in the presence of a man, she's very likely a victim. I can't think of another scenario.

Anyone with good intentions would help a 15-year-old live a normal teenage life - safe with family, going to high school, trying new hobbies and interests, not helping her run away.

Quote RSBM.

If a 15-year-old goes missing while in the presence of a man, she's very likely a victim. I can't think of another scenario.

Anyone with good intentions would help a 15-year-old live a normal teenage life - safe with family, going to high school, trying new hobbies and interests, not helping her run away.

Off course she is a victim, she was all along, far before she went missing. I'm just having a problem with the word sociopath....in a clinical sense. I wish she encountered the person you described...a person with good intentions. Also, let's stick to what we know...she may have been in the company of a male after she went missing/she may have been taken against her will. We are not sure....if you ask me there is 80% chance she came to harm by a male....she could have OD'd and people panicked and hide her body "just that easy".

Off course she is a victim, she was all along, far before she went missing. I'm just having a problem with the word sociopath....in a clinical sense. I wish she encountered the person you described...a person with good intentions. Also, let's stick to what we know...she may have been in the company of a male after she went missing/she may have been taken against her will. We are not sure....if you ask me there is 80% chance she came to harm by a male....she could have OD'd and people panicked and hide her body "just that easy".

In either case, if they had a conscience (not a sociopath), what would they have done about their guilt / remorse by now? I don't feel I'm misusing the word but am open to hearing more about your opinion (here or PM).

Are you also speculating maybe she went willingly for the relationship but he gave her drugs and she OD'd? But that's still very predatory behavior, with known risks, especially if he was an adult.

I am almost certain she did not accidentally OD. She was best friends with my aunt (I was really young) I remember them running away but never into drugs. And I think we would have found her if that happened. Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Were you able to talk to your aunt? I know you said you find that hard, but maybe you did?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GlennOthram
Back