FL FL - Tavia Bailey, 15, Pensacola, 31 Dec 1985

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

The symposium was focused on cold cases from Escambia county. Sadly she is not mentioned on there cold cases list. COLD CASE UNIT Another missing person Carla Roberson is listed, so why isn't Tavia?

I'm not sure what the used criteria are to be listed or not. From Charley P.; authorities believe she may have been taken against her will. Tavia Elizabeth Bailey – The Charley Project Seems an unsolved crime to me.

Neither is she on Pensacola, FL Area Missing Persons

Interesting read from November 2021. Florida Police Revive 1984 Missing Persons Case

It's mostly about the cold missing case of Carla, but Tavia and another missing girl from around that time are mentioned.

Last edited:
The symposium was focused on cold cases from Escambia county. Sadly she is not mentioned on there cold cases list. COLD CASE UNIT Another missing person Carla Roberson is listed, so why isn't Tavia?

I'm not sure what the used criteria are to be listed or not. From Charley P.; authorities believe she may have been taken against her will. Tavia Elizabeth Bailey – The Charley Project Seems an unsolved crime to me.

Neither is she on Pensacola, FL Area Missing Persons

Interesting read from November 2021. Florida Police Revive 1984 Missing Persons Case

It's mostly about the cold missing case of Carla, but Tavia and another missing girl from around that time are mentioned.
Suggest that you contact someone in the Escambia County cold case organization with a written summary of Tavia's case, and ask that they include it with others under consideration.

The discrepancy between her Mom saying she didn’t hear from Tavia on Dec 31st, but her missing date on Jan 26th, is suspect. I don’t believe the Mom is being untruthful. I suspect since Tavia was a prior runaway, and eventually returned home, that her Moms report was not taken seriously. After 26 days, maybe LE finally took the missing child report seriously.

It sure sounds like Tavia was being trafficked, if she was being groomed and plied with drugs by older men. Nowadays, this is easily recognized but in the mid 1980s, there wasn’t a great awareness in the general population.

If she was trafficked and unable to escape, she could still be involved in prostitution, unable to break away. Mentally she could be so “beat down” by the verbal abuse and lies, maybe that her family didn’t care, doesn’t want her, etc.

The scars are unsettling. Think about normal childhood accidents that could cause facial scars. Falling off her bike? Playing soccer?

But now think about her sexual abuse. Did the stepfather beat her into submission? This had to be 2 separate injuries because both sides of her face were affected. Was the stepfather left handed or right handed?

Perhaps a bad car accident where she hit the dashboard is the only other thing I can think of that could cause all the injuries at once.

Ear piercing holes don’t typically close up. So those would remain if she’s still living.

Snip
Bailey has a scar on her left cheekbone, a scar on her upper lip and a scar at her hairline which extends to her right eyebrow. Her ears are pierced multiple times.

Suggest that you contact someone in the Escambia County cold case organization with a written summary of Tavia's case, and ask that they include it with others under consideration.
For the record. I did send them an email asking about the criteria for investigation of cold cases, with the narrative of the case.

tavia_elizabeth_bailey_1.jpg

Tavia Elizabeth Bailey, age 15
Missing since 31 December 1985
from Pensacola, Florida

Here again it is the mother's fault for bringing in an unknown man... the danger is in trust... she can have a partner but outside and even more so if she has little girls... suffering a rape at 8 years old is traumatic for everyone. life... how are you going to be sexually active at 12 years old? Where is the mother? lying with the trash of a couple who raped her daughter... and this girl took all the burden... logically she is dead, kidnapped and forced to do maybe things under the influence of drugs...
I wonder if she turned to prostitution after running away and if that would have put her in an even more vulnerable position...
Little one, I hope that one day you will be happy and that no one will try to take advantage of your innocence... and that you will have a real mother...
either way
rest in peace little one

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamzie