Found Deceased FL - Taylen Mosley, 2, mom Pashun Jeffery, 20, homicide, St. Petersburg, 29 Mar 2023 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Apparently I fell asleep typing my response, because there was a wall of gibberish and exclamation points....So let's try again.

One aspect that I don't think has been discussed, is why is Dad still in the hospital for cuts on his arms? Unless he needed surgery or his arm was practically severed, wouldn't they have treated cuts and released him? This makes me wonder if there is perhaps a mental health aspect of this, where he may have had treatment for his cuts, then stayed either voluntarily or involuntarily on Baker Act hold.
Just a thought...because in my mind, you have to be very mentally unwell to be able to harm an innocent child.
Police wouldn’t say whether the injuries could have been sustained by Jeffery in self-defense, but Holloway said “nothing in our investigation leads us to believe that he is a victim.”

Mosley — who is still in the hospital — notably checked into the hospital without his son.

St. Petersburg police announced the body of missing toddler Taylen Mosley was found in an alligators mouth, a day after his mothers murder.

“We are sorry that it had to end this way,” police Chief Anthony Holloway said.
The father of Taylen Mosley was charged with two counts of first-degree murder.The father of Taylen Mosley was charged with two counts of first-degree murder.St Petersburg Police Department/Facebook
Officers spotted an alligator with an object in its mouth inside Lake Maggiore.
*We are all sorry, Chief Holloway. Very sorry. All of us. Thank you so much for your courage in reporting this almost unbelievable tragedy. Almost… So sad. Two years old. A small toddler. What harm could he cause the murderer? None. I can’t sleep. I’m so mad!
He was so sweet. :(

APR 1, 2023
  • The chief said officers fired one round at the alligator and it dropped the object.
  • Officers were then able to retrieve Taylen’s body intact.
  • On Friday afternoon, Holloway told reporters that a blood trail was seen near Jeffrey’s vehicle.
  • Holloway said investigators are trying to figure out if Taylen died before he went into the lake or after.

He was 2! Freaking monster. Makes me hate people.

I feel so bad for the officers who have to deal with this horror up close and personal. They never get over this, they squash it down and keep showing up for work everyday.

The average police officer's career exposes him/her to 700 horrors any of which would haunt us for life.

APR 1, 2023
  • The chief said officers fired one round at the alligator and it dropped the object.
  • Officers were then able to retrieve Taylen’s body intact.
  • On Friday afternoon, Holloway told reporters that a blood trail was seen near Jeffrey’s vehicle.
  • Holloway said investigators are trying to figure out if Taylen died before he went into the lake or after.
I was wondering that too… how did he get out of the apartment? This is so horrible.

rbbm.
''The chief said the 2-year-old's body was intact, however, officers killed the alligator. The exact cause of the child's death will be determined following an official autopsy. The investigation is ongoing.''

I have wondered if Taylen was left alive and managed to wander out and fell in a body of water… I would hate to think his father took him out and left him somewhere. Maybe he thought 911 was going to be activated by neighbours and then Taylen would be ok? I’m not excusing his behaviour at all and obviously he is responsible for his son’s death no matter how it happened.

I have wondered if Taylen was left alive and managed to wander out and fell in a body of water… I would hate to think his father took him out and left him somewhere. Maybe he thought 911 was going to be activated by neighbours and then Taylen would be ok? I’m not excusing his behaviour at all and obviously he is responsible for his son’s death no matter how it happened.
I wondered the same thing until I read that the lake is six miles from the apartment complex. I shudder to think about Taylen being thrown into the water alive, but it seems to be what they may be trying to determine. :( MOO

Chief Anthony Holloway of the St. Petersburg Police Department said officers were searching the area of Dell Holmes Park when they discovered an alligator at Lake Maggiore with “an object in its mouth.”

Officers deployed dive teams in nearby retention ponds. However, it was not until they moved about 14 miles north of Taylen and Jeffery’s home that they ultimately found and recovered the boy’s body.

Mosley remains hospitalized as of Friday evening. When questioned about the deaths, he asked for a lawyer, WFLA reported.

I believe he probably stabbed the baby to death to and threw him to the alligators to dispose of his body. Forensics will help tell the story. This is so awful. The killer has no scratches on his face. Mom didn't have a chance to fight back.
I figure he tried to slash himself but couldn't do it the coward. Just bloody awful.jmoo

He probably is mentally ill. But this isn't quite like recent cases where women have killed their children due to psychosis. The police described a gruesome crime scene, which could explain the cuts on his hands and arms. He had the wherewithal to run home to his own mother after killing his child's mother, and his mom got him to go to the hospital, which could be a cry for help but also a way to avoid full accountability. Plus, the child ended up a long way from the original crime scene. It sounds like a guy who flew into a rage, but I'm sure we'll learn more from the forensics and what friends and family have to say about the romantic relationship and his behavior as a father.

Of all the horrific endings I’d imagined, this is so far beyond that I really need to nope out on some of these cases. There’s real, tangible, living evil in this world and it feeds on the innocent. Prayers offered up for the repose of their souls.
Yes. I have been feeling this lately. I cannot believe the disgusting atrocities people commit against eachother. There's so many acts of evil so despicable they are nearly unspeakable. It crushes my soul to imagine how everyone in this little boy's world probably crumbled at the news that his poor little baby body was found in a &^#(ing alligator's mouth. I... am beside myself.

If I was an officer on this case, I'd have to get therapy 10000%.

Sorry if I missed this earlier, but it was his birthday? Did he fail to receive what he wanted? :oops:

Police said Mosley checked himself into a hospital for cuts to his hands and arms on Wednesday, his birthday.

I believe he probably stabbed the baby to death to and threw him to the alligators to dispose of his body. Forensics will help tell the story. This is so awful. The killer has no scratches on his face. Mom didn't have a chance to fight back.
I don't understand why. He could have left that baby in the apt but instead took a baby who was most likely bleeding, bringing more DNA outside of the apt and then into water. Why? He did the worst of damage so why continue? I'm not expecting answers I'm just confused and upset.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPParadise
Back