Found Deceased FL - Taylor Rose Williams, 5, Jacksonville, 6 Nov 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t know the story as to why she isolated herself from her and Taylor’s family two years ago. Taylor’s father didn’t give an exact time from what I read, as when he saw her last.

It doesn’t appear mom has been in trouble with the Navy, so this must be a personal problem.

II I was BW’s mother, had heard nothing about her or Taylor, four to six months is all I would have let pass without finding out about my grandchild.

Daughters and mother’s do fall out, however, the child would be my concern that she was being treated right. Perhaps both sides of parents tried to get information and failed.

A call to LE for a welfare check is one way to get things started as a parent tries to check on a grandchild. IMO.

I don't know. I see people cut off contact with family members all the time. I think calling LE for welfare checks on family who cut off contact with you to be a good way to ensure you never have contact again. At the same time I get the concern for members of the family. But people ought to be able to cut people out of their lives. This dad could have made a way to see his child or check up on her as her father though. A father does have rights. But many don't want to check because they don't actually care and just don't want to pay child support if they pursue legal means.

I had good reason many times to never speak to my mil again. But I chose otherwise because I felt it best. I don't hold it against someone else who would cut off contact though.

I think this case is very different from other ones. Since she is actively in the military, there must be more people involved in the investigation. What if they are aware someone else is involved and this person is currently deployed, so they are making it appear she isn’t cooperating...buying time to investigate and work with military.

On another note, I used to be a school administrator here in Florida. If students are enrolled in school or registered to start school, and they don’t show, they aren’t just dropped off the school roster. We have to have proof of where the child is now attending school, whether it’s home school, virtual school, private, or public. There are many funding reasons for this, but it is also a safeguard to ensure students are accounted for and in school. If Taylor attended VPK (free Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten), she would then be registered with the state and likely expected to be enrolled in some form of kindergarten. With all that said, if she did not enroll her in kindergarten it is possible that questions were being asked about her whereabouts. Even though kindergarten is not required, most students attend kindergarten and do not wait until first grade to start.

I think this case is very different from other ones. Since she is actively in the military, there must be more people involved in the investigation. What if they are aware someone else is involved and this person is currently deployed, so they are making it appear she isn’t cooperating...buying time to investigate and work with military.

On another note, I used to be a school administrator here in Florida. If students are enrolled in school or registered to start school, and they don’t show, they aren’t just dropped off the school roster. We have to have proof of where the child is now attending school, whether it’s home school, virtual school, private, or public. There are many funding reasons for this, but it is also a safeguard to ensure students are accounted for and in school. If Taylor attended VPK (free Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten), she would then be registered with the state and likely expected to be enrolled in some form of kindergarten. With all that said, if she did not enroll her in kindergarten it is possible that questions were being asked about her whereabouts. Even though kindergarten is not required, most students attend kindergarten and do not wait until first grade to start.

How does someone give proof that they are homeschooling? Is it anything more than filing a declaration of intent?

How does someone give proof that they are homeschooling? Is it anything more than filing a declaration of intent?

In Florida, you can register through the county (declaration if intent) you can register through a private school (they handle the reporting for you) or you can hire a private tutor.

Through the county you keep a portfolio and have it reviewed at the end of your school year. With a private school, you follow their requirements. With a tutor, the tutor keeps records and reports to the state.

Last edited:
I don't know. I see people cut off contact with family members all the time. I think calling LE for welfare checks on family who cut off contact with you to be a good way to ensure you never have contact again. At the same time I get the concern for members of the family. But people ought to be able to cut people out of their lives. This dad could have made a way to see his child or check up on her as her father though. A father does have rights. But many don't want to check because they don't actually care and just don't want to pay child support if they pursue legal means.

I had good reason many times to never speak to my mil again. But I chose otherwise because I felt it best. I don't hold it against someone else who would cut off contact though.
IMO it seems like BW was alone in rasing Taylor with no help from the father

BBM

I totally agree! I wouldn’t have admitted a time either if it had been two years since seeing my child..IMO
Some states even have Grandparent rights not sure if Alabama is one of them...

Craig’s List? Hmmm...If this ad was taken out by BW, I’d like to know who “bailed” on her? Who was originally suppose to babysit Taylor??
How many people & who answered the ad? Did BW give her address to someone & that person came & took BW?
Or was this part of the “story”?? I hate this :(
MOO

In Florida, you can register through the county (declaration if intent) you can register through a private school (they handle the reporting for you) or you can hire a private tutor.

Through the county you keep a portfolio and have it reviewed at the end of your school year. With a private school, you follow their requirements. With a tutor, the tutor keeps records and reports to the state.

Thanks. Here in GA you have to file. But no one checks up on anything that I know of. No one would know if you were doing anything or not.

If someone who is involved with Taylor being missing is active duty & currently deployed, they would be far from Jacksonville/the investigation, there wouldn't be a need to fabricate mom's cooperation level to buy time.

I think they are saying that mom is no longer cooperating because mom is in fact no longer cooperating. Mom cooperated until inconsistencies were pointed out. The reason there are inconsistencies (plural) is because mom's account of what occurred with Taylor that evening wasnt honest.

I think they are asking for anyone who has seen Taylor in the last 6 months to come forward because no one has seen Taylor in a long time. A 5 year old of a single mother who works full time should be easily accounted for by at least one outside party; either school, a daycare center, or a babysitter. Proof of payment for those childcare expenses for the last 10-11 months should have been kept by the mother and easily obtained by LE because they are tax deductible. If mom has no records for childcare payments or has claimed to pay in cash only/no receipts for the last 6 months for a babysitter who "bailed" and can't be tracked down, that's an additional red flag, imo.

I think things are, for the most part, just as they appear to be, her being active duty duty military doesn't make me view the situation any differently than most of the other terribly sad cases I've read here of children (falsely) reported as going "missing" during the middle of the night.

Her daughter is missing & she's not cooperating, that alone says a lot, even if I remove the knowledge that no one has seen Taylor for a very long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member