Found Deceased FL - Taylor Wright, 33, Pensacola, 8 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was recommended she be held in contempt and compelled to produce the passport. IMI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But why would she be compelled to produce the passport? I get maybe it could've been needed but it seems like this may have been requested by AbuDrakes attorney in case she was missing voluntarily and attempting to run(to prevent her from doing so with her son)

Edit: Nevermind. I see this was put into motion earlier but she had failed to produce it before she disappeared.

My current working theory is that Taylor went to get the money out of her friend's safe deposit box for some reason (not to disappear just to get it out) and the money was short or no longer there. Maybe an argument ensued after they left the bank. And I can't really say the rest under the TOS but I think everyone can figure out where I'm going with this... I still don't buy that Taylor would disappear for this long just to avoid court and possibly having to pay money to her ex. As former LE she would know the consequences of going into hiding would be worse than just paying the money and getting on with her life. JMO.

Can anyone tell me what this means? This line had been added since I last looked at the summary.

9/27/2017REPORT AND RECOMMENDATION OF THE GENERAL MAGISTRATE (CONTEMPT AND MOTION FOR CHILDS PASSPORT)

I would take this as the court recommended she be held in contempt?

Working in the court system, I have rarely observed a contempt of court being more than a fine. They usually forego any jail time.

Again court system experience, coughing up the passport generally means there MAY have been a thought of flight risk. Not to speak ill of anyone, but maybe she felt her son was endanger staying at Dad’s or something and rightfully so, uttered a threat out of sheer frustration of losing her son!

I don’t have children, but I would think the utter angst and frustration of losing her son must have been unbelievable. JMO

Here is the link to view the case summary online.

How did you narrow the search? It’s showing 5000 cases. Thx in advance

While it's clear to me that she intentionally tried to hide this money, who knows why? I'm sure I wouldn't want to hand over money to my ex either! I'd rather keep it tucked away for my kids.

She couldn't keep it in the friends box forever could she? But why that day? The day she conveniently goes missing. Actually I wonder how long it had been in the box? I don't believe she did withdraw it that day, or if she did it certainly wasn't in her possession for very long.
I would presume the divorce courts determine total assets and asset division at time of divorce settlement and make judgements that best suit all parties involved. I doubt when judge told her to return the $100,000 she had illegally taken, that the judge made it optional as she has a child.

My current working theory is that Taylor went to get the money out of her friend's safe deposit box for some reason (not to disappear just to get it out) and the money was short or no longer there. Maybe an argument ensued after they left the bank. And I can't really say the rest under the TOS but I think everyone can figure out where I'm going with this... I still don't buy that Taylor would disappear for this long just to avoid court and possibly having to pay money to her ex. As former LE she would know the consequences of going into hiding would be worse than just paying the money and getting on with her life. JMO.

I just really want someone to give me an explanation as to why she would've withdrawn that money against a court order anyway? Why file for a continuance for a fabricated reason if she was planning to own up to it? Was she going to bring the cash to court? If so, why not go get the cash before the hearing on the 6th(the one she had continued) or wait until right before the new date so she's not stuck holding a TON of cash for at least a week or two.

I can't see any reasonable explanation as to why she'd withdraw the money to begin with, then file for the continuance, and then go get that money. Remember that her reason for the continuance was helping family in Hurricane Irma's path and Irma made landfall in Florida on September 10th.

When did the parties know that the court date had been continued? The timing seems oddly convenient and coincides with her disappearance. (IMO)

I know this sounds paranoid, but what if that affidavit by TW's father was made to corroborate that she had gone missing. He knew she had no plans to come to his aid due to the hurricane because she had not been in contact with him. We don't know what the content of that affidavit was exactly, as we don't have access to the actual court-filed documents.

AbuDrake, if you come around, can you tell me if the custody orders in your case are final or temporary?

Unless parental rights are terminated, custody and visitation are always up for more court intervention at the behest of either parent.

When did the parties know that the court date had been continued? The timing seems oddly convenient and coincides with her disappearance. (IMO)

The court date was originally on the 7th, I believe. It looks like she filed for the continuance on the 6th.

I just really want someone to give me an explanation as to why she would've withdrawn that money against a court order anyway? Why file for a continuance for a fabricated reason if she was planning to own up to it? Was she going to bring the cash to court? If so, why not go get the cash before the hearing on the 6th(the one she had continued) or wait until right before the new date so she's not stuck holding a TON of cash for at least a week or two.

I can't see any reasonable explanation as to why she'd withdraw the money to begin with, then file for the continuance, and then go get that money. Remember that her reason for the continuance was helping family in Hurricane Irma's path and Irma made landfall in Florida on September 10th.

My understanding is that the court had previously frozen her bank account. She withdrew the money in June after her account was unfrozen by the court. IMO, it makes sense she would want control of the money and wouldn't want to put it in another bank account in case another freeze order came. Unless I'm mistaken, the case between her and her ex was not yet settled by the courts. Try looking at things from her point of view. JMO.

100% this

My understanding is that the court had previously frozen her bank account. She withdrew the money in June after her account was unfrozen by the court. IMO, it makes sense she would want control of the money and wouldn't want to put it in another bank account in case another freeze order came. Unless I'm mistaken, the case between her and her ex was not yet settled by the courts. Try looking at things from her point of view. JMO.

On 6/12:
ORDER VACATING EMERGENCY EX PARTE ORDER FREEZING BANK ACCOUNT AND ORDER DIRECTING PARTIES TO DISTRIBUTE THE BANK ACCOUNT AS ORDERED IN TEH SUPPLEMENTAL FINAL JUDGMENT OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE

Once this freeze came off, she withdrew the money instead of distributing it as directed.

I get her POV, but that doesn't change she was defying a court order and would likely be in a significant amount of trouble.

I am still waiting for LE to show signs that they think she is a victim of a crime. Surely they would ask the public to help find her if they thought so?

I highly recommend that anyone following this case closely go read the case summary at the link I have posted twice now. I went back and reread it and reread AbuDrakes original statements and it really solidified my feelings about this case. It may not change your mind but it is very important info regardless.

On 6/12:
ORDER VACATING EMERGENCY EX PARTE ORDER FREEZING BANK ACCOUNT AND ORDER DIRECTING PARTIES TO DISTRIBUTE THE BANK ACCOUNT AS ORDERED IN TEH SUPPLEMENTAL FINAL JUDGMENT OF DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE

Once this freeze came off, she withdrew the money instead of distributing it as directed.

I get her POV, but that doesn't change she was defying a court order and would likely be in a significant amount of trouble.

But, in light of the appeal, wouldn't she be able to delay the distribution of the funds pending the outcome of that appeal?

But, in light of the appeal, wouldn't she be able to delay the distribution of the funds pending the outcome of that appeal?

If there was an appeal, it would delay it, but that money was to stay in that account. You can't just take that money and spend it or hide it to avoid having to pay your ex spouse. That's a good way to end up in major legal trouble.

I would presume the divorce courts determine total assets and asset division at time of divorce settlement and make judgements that best suit all parties involved. I doubt when judge told her to return the $100,000 she had illegally taken, that the judge made it optional as she has a child.

Iirc from earlier in this thread from AbuDrake, she was looking at paying ~$25,000 out of these funds to a real estate issue from the split. The rest was frozen as well while proceedings were ongoing but "unlocked" this summer when she removed funds and put them in friend3's safety deposit box.

I just can't see someone running off to start a new life for such a small amount of money. Taylor has a career and seems competent enough to make money. She has family, friends, her son and lots of options. There was a lawyer retained to take care of her court issues. If she left to start over with just her wallet and her phone (which she would not be able to use) then most of that money would go to clothing, travel, housing and food. It doesn't make sense to me. I mean we're not talking about a million dollars here.

On 6/12:

I'm looking at the list of court orders but I can't find where to read the details of the results of the court orders. Am I missing it and are you able to read the details somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks