FL Teens filmed, mocked drowning man, Cocoa police say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes!

Laws don't change until someone challenges them.

I guess what I'm saying is that IMO I believe the teens should have called for help and furthermore there should be punishment under criminal law that demands that a person has a responsibility to act in a reasonable way when they see a person in need of help.

It doesn't require special training or expertise. All it requires is that when a person recognizes that someone is in danger they should call 911. Not rocket science. Have we, as a society, gotten so dumbed down that we don't expect our fellow humans to act in a reasonable way?

:goodpost:

Not only did they not call for help and taunt the dying man, but they posted the video online. Dunn's body was found 3 days later and an acquaintance saw the video. OMG!
Ahhh! This is so disturbing! Monsters

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I am not claiming that at all. But there are no laws requiring that you have to save someone-notice they are charged with not reporting death.
As humans, you'd think they would call 911.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

These teens were making fun of him. They didn't have to jump in and risk their own (pathetic) lives to save his.....all they needed to do was to call 911. They filmed him, and verbally taunted him. It doesn't matter if he went in on his own volition or if his intent was (possibly) suicide. He was crying for help, actively drowning. They watched him struggle, taunted, laughed, filmed him, and said "he dead" once it was clear he didn't make it. They all need to go to prison. It makes me sick to think of how these lowlifes will infect their community if they remain free. What if it was YOUR loved one in that pond?

BBM

After watching and listening to that video, I believe this group come from an already infected community.

:cow:

I dont blame anyone for not jumping in. But they could have been sympathetic, tried to talk to him to help him figure out how to escape, WHILE ALSO CALLING 911.

There is no excuse for mocking him and laughing as he died. That is disgusting and I wish they could be charged for being so hateful.

THIS. Right here.

They had a phone and a choice. They chose to use the phone to film a man dying rather than use the phone to call 911 for help.

The fact that they mocked him, shared the video around, and never told anyone in authority about the death (that poor man's family!) just makes their behavior that much more atrocious.

The local mayor is now working on trying to get a new law in place that would require people who see someone in distress to call 911. As the mayor said in this statement: "Never in my life would I have ever thought we would need a law to make this happen." http://www.cocoafl.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1617

I just don't understand how any human being can stand and do nothing not even calling 911. I would have dialled 911 without thinking. I'm so sorry for this man and his family.

I just don't understand how any human being can stand and do nothing not even calling 911. I would have dialled 911 without thinking. I'm so sorry for this man and his family.

Right? It's appalling. I don't get it and never will. People are so cruel.

I've been staying away from this thread 'cause it's so upsetting. I want to hear their excuses. I want them to have to stand up in court in front of witnesses and explain themselves. I want the whole freaking world to know who they are and what they've done. And I wouldn't be too disturbed if vigilante justice reared its ugly head.

Is this what mocking disabled people leads to?

It goes so beyond mocking a disabled man. This is just straight up cruel and the worst of the worst! This is what we have to look forward to as our future is fubar. I want to go live in your third world country. I can do my part and make sure my three kids aren't aholes but that's about it. Super sick over this case.

Some posts have been removed. Websleuths is a fact based discussion forum rumors are not allowed. Facts require MSM support.

When it's done by someone in a leadership position, it tells those following that it's not only ok but encouraged. It dehumanizes the disabled.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/charges-possible-in-disturbing-florida-drowning-case

Thanks for the update Ray.

Absolutely sickening behavior. What is wrong with people?

Charging them with that trumped up charge is just as outrageous as the teens actions were. That statute is clearly directed at people who dispose of a dead body without reporting it. Clearly the teens did not touch, remove, or disturb any dead body. They weren't even anywhere close to the body.

What these kids did was not right, but it was also not illegal, as the State Attorney’s Office has already confirmed. Charging them with that is ridiculous.

If you are going to try to save a drowning man he could easily pull you down with him.
You are not obligated to risk your life to save someone.
Obviously they could have called 911, but I don't think one should be required to risk their life to save someone else (which you seem to be suggesting).

Also since he was in the middle of a lake, you would have to be a pretty damn good swimmer, to swim out there and then pull him all the way back to shore. Is there any evidence that these kids had that type of swimming skills? I don't think so.

These kids are being made a scapegoat, for this guy committing suicide.

THIS. Right here.

They had a phone and a choice. They chose to use the phone to film a man dying rather than use the phone to call 911 for help.

The fact that they mocked him, shared the video around, and never told anyone in authority about the death (that poor man's family!) just makes their behavior that much more atrocious.

The local mayor is now working on trying to get a new law in place that would require people who see someone in distress to call 911. As the mayor said in this statement: "Never in my life would I have ever thought we would need a law to make this happen." http://www.cocoafl.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1617

So sad that we need a law to make people do the right thing and call 911. smdh

Most people would respond the same way Greg. So there was really no need for a law. People would do the right thing. Things are changing and not for the better :( Sad when you need a good Samaritan law that requires witnesses to call for help. Most of us are programmed genetically to do just that.

It is only natural to seek an explanation for what seems unexplainable. It goes against all norms of human behavior to stand by and not only watch but mock a drowning man.

One possible chilling factor may be the extent to which young people have become addicted to virtual reality. This was like something in a video game.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back