FL FL - Theresa Hartley, 66, lost in Ocala National Forest, vehicle got stuck w/friend, friend went for help, Theresa gone when returned, 10 March 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This might help about the vehicle:

"According to the incident report provided to Dateline by the Marion County Sheriff’s Office, Theresa was last seen on Friday, March 10, leaving her home in St. Augustine in a white Dodge pickup with a trailer attached to it."

I read about the trailer earlier (see my post # 14) but couldn't find MSM verification and so couldn't bring it here. Voila, finally!
From the link in above post :

“[Her]roommate told me she left with [a friend],” Robert told Dateline. He added that Theresa’s roommate told him that Theresa and the friend said they were going to stop by Robert’s house later that day, but Robert said they never showed up.

He said he also tried calling Theresa, but the calls went straight to voicemail. “I didn’t worry about it because I figured they were together and they were having fun,” he said. Robert told Dateline that he later realized that Theresa had left her phone at home.

Robert said he also tried calling the mutual friend Theresa was with that day, but said the man hung up on him.
Emphasis mine.

Why not just say that he told her to walk back to the truck; and when he returned two days later she was gone ?
The [redacted] friend had to have known, that there were people who were worried about Theresa !
:(
Imo.

Last edited:
Abandoned for 2 days in a vehicle in a swamp? Though she caught a ride? From whom?
Captain Hook? Someone from A&E'S Swamp people?
I sat next to one of those guys on a flight from Atla to Dallas like 11 yrs ago. Seems unlikely but possible. Rayjohn think was his name . I dont think he is roped up in this Theresa swamp dumping thing. However ,if there are any winerys close by ,we should check them out.. and I think LE should update us before the Aliens show up.

Are there still searchers out looking for her? I have seen very little about ongoing search efforts, or where they have looked, or even if they have identified a person of interest. I read somewhere that an estimated 42,000 people live within the boundries of Ocala National Forest, many of them live off the grid, and aren't very friendly.

The Florida Themis Project FB might have pictures of the truck ("Photos of the truck Theresa Hartley was supposedly in when it got stuck in the Ocala National Forest before she vanished")- you can see how buried the rear wheels were in the sand:

1683594953060.png

1683595005648.png

1683595048485.png

NO ONE forgets that they have left someone alone in the woods for two days WITH THEIR STUCK TRUCK. Having no transportation is a good reminder that your truck is stuck and you abandoned someone out there with it.

Can someone refresh me -- did tracking dogs pick up any scent for Theresa Hartley at the truck or nearby?

Foul play or manslaughter. Just can't think of any other explanations.

Last edited:
Fairly dense foliage.
Bugs, swampy/pools, and larger creatures, esp. at night.
I am convinced she didn't wander away -- and also just walking in that heavy sand would've been difficult for even a younger, fit person !
Exactly who does this 'friend' think showed up, in order to give her a ride in that forest ?
Unless that sandy track is next to a major highway, I'm doubting that she was able to get a ride.
This looks bad. :(
Poor Theresa !
Imo.

Eta : Thanks for the photos, @Unsolved !

Last edited:
If the truck had a trailer attached to it initially, then where was the trailer left at? Did Teresa get left at that location also? Sometimes I wonder if Teresa was ever there because what on earth could she possibly be there for? A deep soft sand road is no place for a dually, it’s too heavy. The drivers story simply doesn’t pass the sniff test.

The Florida Themis Project FB might have pictures of the truck ("Photos of the truck Theresa Hartley was supposedly in when it got stuck in the Ocala National Forest before she vanished")- you can see how buried the rear wheels were in the sand:

View attachment 420808

View attachment 420810

Oh hell no! Nobody in their right mind drives a truck like that on the sand pit back roads in Fla.! That’s supposed to be their fire wood they collected in the back? The limbs? Nope, something is very wrong here!

All right, what's in the back of the pickup?
  • gas can
  • (2) 5-gallon buckets
  • black pot, can't tell what it's made of
  • milk crate
  • aquatic rake
  • small fishing net
  • large fishing net
  • chainsaw
  • red storage tote
  • blue & white storage tote?
  • portable black storage tote?
  • rolled-up mat
  • laundry drying rack? (blue)
  • long black pole thing next to the chainsaw
ITA, those branches lying down like that makes no sense.

• gas can
  • (2) 5-gallon buckets
  • milk crate
  • aquatic rake
  • small fishing net
  • large fishing net
  • chainsaw
  • red storage tote
  • rolled-up mat
Maybe put there to prove the firewood collection story? There’s plenty of wood to be found in that forest that is a perfect size for a fire. The whole thing looks staged. IMO

View attachment 420806

View attachment 420808

View attachment 420810

I've seen trucks get stuck like this on the beach where I work. This appears to look like one I recently saw with a trailer attached. The rear digs itself in just like these photos. I wonder where the trailer went if this was the same vehicle that picked her up with the trailer.

Do enough drugs and you’ll forget your own name. Meth, etc. are huge issues in central fl.
I have strongly considered that he had some type of drug/alcohol induced blackout; he doesn't know what happened, including the possibility that he murdered TH.

Even so, two days is a long time to forget that you abandoned someone.

Or he went on a binge because he's murdered someone, possibly for money to buy drugs?

There is nothing in his timeline/story that makes sense.
What is known: TH is still missing, she's vanished.

• gas can
  • (2) 5-gallon buckets
  • milk crate
  • aquatic rake
  • small fishing net
  • large fishing net
  • chainsaw
  • red storage tote
  • rolled-up mat
And a gravel rake.
But this load would not be secure . So the missing tail gate show me this is not how he normally does things. I think the took stuff out off the trailer and tossed it in the truck .
Dont know why he need extra room in the trailer .or if he did . Did he forget the trailer somewhere too?

And a gravel rake.
But this load would not be secure . So the missing tail gate show me this is not how he normally does things. I think the took stuff out off the trailer and tossed it in the truck .
Dont know why he need extra room in the trailer .or if he did . Did he forget the trailer somewhere too?
I wonder if he was also just dumping the truck out there also. Did it still have its license plate?

I wonder if he was also just dumping the truck out there also. Did it still have its license plate?
It did have the back tag on.
They found evidence she was there..anyway the limbs on the truck remind me of how they found Theresa Halbachs suv. which is weird and they have the same initials .
They also do not suspect foul play. They must know something we dont ,to say that right?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back