FL FL - Tiffany Heaven Daniels, 25, Pensacola State College, 12 Aug 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's very confusing. The family was on the news posting a plea for her to return, for her return. The news stated that foul play was not suspected. How would they know? If she had driven to that location herself, and just walked away, she would have been seen. It's a long walk to anywhere from there. I don't even think they are treating it as a possible drowning. Actually I don't really know how they are treating it.

Also odd on the findtiffany facebook page, the most recent last post was dispelling rumors that Tiffany had been found and the family was hiding her / shielding her from the public. Are those common sorts of rumors to have in these cases? I would really want to know who has been spreading them...

I wonder if there have been any searches conducted of the landfill, or any of the marshy / grassland areas around Pensacola that I see on Google Maps. It is just so hard to accept that someone can disappear like this...

I do know that getting full phone data can be complex. Technically, it is an invasion of privacy. In the case of criminals or children, it makes sense that that privacy can be pretty much immediately forfeited. Tiffany is an adult who left on her own free will according to the last person who saw her. It (unfortunately) probably isn't the most urgent of cases on either side (LE and the Cell company). This is why sometimes we get "conflicting" cell reports. Sometimes you can look at the individual's account and get some information, but the full picture only comes when the cell company releases it and for some people that may take weeks.
Now, two months does seem like a long time. I have seen it take 2-4 weeks though.

Isn't there a way LE can get phone data ASAP...I was thinking they have the ability to look real time.... In an emergency etc .

I thought they track criminals and arrest them by phone pings using real time data but can't do it for a missing person geezzzzzz

I was so surprised her phone was in her car correct? Yet it took ten days to find it and the car and it was found by family and not LE?

I thought GPS ,cell pings would have found it immediately.

Interesting - yes, there IS a way to get phone data quickly. Back a few years ago when Channon Christian and Chris Newsome went missing, Channon's dad had her phone records within a few hours. The cops in that case reacted with lightening quickness, as they should have, and they found her car very very quickly once they started looking. Sadly, that was still too late.

And another thought - even if no one at all was looking for the records, it wouldn't take 'months'. The records would appear on the next regular bill statement.

I just have a hunch the phone records aren't going to be useful unless they can get location data from it that will indicate where it travelled between when Tiffany left work and when the SUV arrived at the beach, on the off chance it was on...

Trackergd, any new thoughts?

"If" the phone was left in the car on purpose to give the impression she was still in the area but not answering and later to be pinged so that the car would be located were it to be overlooked in the hasty search, it would seem to indicate very detailed planning. Someone who knew what the Park Rangers would do (hasty search and missing persons alert), what LE would do (ping the phone, process the car and bring in SAR) and what SAR would do (time consuming land search).

Trying not to over think this...but I keep coming back to where the parking area is, the proximity to the rest rooms and water, the two points of egress out of the area by car or by trolley then by car and the sheer number of hotel rooms and condo's.

Just jumping off your post...

checking the rest rooms would be a good idea..(if not done already by LE)... As they are often a place in which people are approached/accosted/etc...

JMO

Have been having a look around at tourist things around the Fort Pickens area....I came across an amateur star gazing group who had an event on the 18th August at the Battery Worth picnic area...Am wondering whether anyone from that group may be able to recall seeing anything out of the ordinary or if in fact her car was there before it was reported on the 20th...

This is the link to the group
http://www.visitpensacola.com/articles/pensacola-outdoors-stargazing

Just a thought.

Good thought! :thumb:

Tiffany seems like a person who would enjoy the star gazing activity... As I would...

JMO

Here are the pics. I took earlier today of the beach/parking lot where her car was found. https://www.dropbox.com/sc/xvgaflrfi9e7fss/J9Q2mVx-md.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you for the pix, Daisy! :seeya:

It looks like a fun place to go to... Under happier conditions...

I was interested to note that the rest rooms seem more "open" ...and larger... And more lighted....Than I had visualized

and there appears to be large ventilator ducts (word?) where noises from inside could be heard outside the rest room...(if someone were to scream in a scuffle inside, for instance)...

However... I am not discounting the rest room as being a place of approach/attack yet...

JMO

The picture of the parking lot is very narrow like just a parking strip...you can park on the left or right in a one way direction it look like to me??

I can not understand how her car could sit there for 10 days day and night and not have raised a red flag ....

Wasn't her car on some BOLO list???

Any officer who covered this area would circle around in this parking area if they didnt cover Fort Pickens and didnt enter the park if on patrol...

This leaves me thinking was the car somewhere else as the neighbors have stated.
I agree... I find it very hard to believe the car was there for 10 days before being noticed...

and without being monitored by LE/parking attendants/etc.

JMO

It's very confusing. The family was on the news posting a plea for her to return, for her return. The news stated that foul play was not suspected. How would they know? If she had driven to that location herself, and just walked away, she would have been seen. It's a long walk to anywhere from there. I don't even think they are treating it as a possible drowning. Actually I don't really know how they are treating it.

:wagon: Seesthru! :welcome:

I agree...

this is such a puzzling case...

:seeya:

And another thought - even if no one at all was looking for the records, it wouldn't take 'months'. The records would appear on the next regular bill statement.

Just curious-my phone bill does not show GPS locations or phone pings which is what I am assuming is taking so long for them to get. Do most phone companies include that information on bills or online accounts? I do not get paper bills anymore and barely look at my online account though. Perhaps I need to take a look around and see if more info is available than I thought!

Channel 3 news says the sheriff department has no reason to believe she is in any danger.
Wonder if they have change their opinion since one month has passed.
But even if she went swimming etc she could be in danger.....seems like an odd statement.

I think her complete phone records will show her last ping before battery died...so if that ping was at the location where her car was found then no one reported it or noticed it I guess.

Channel 3 news says the sheriff department has no reason to believe she is in any danger.
But even if she went swimming etc she could be in danger.....seems like an odd statement.

I think her complete phone records will show her last ping before battery died...so if that ping was at the location where her car was found then no one reported it or noticed it I guess.

BBM:
Saying someone is not in any danger is always a bad sign when that's how a missing person's case begins.
It means nothings will get done until it's too late to do things (like going thru CCTV's, tracking in the woods, checking dumpsters, restrooms, etc..),

BBM:
Saying someone is not in any danger is always a bad sign when that's how a missing person's case begins.
It means nothings will get done until it's too late to do things (like going thru CCTV's, tracking in the woods, checking dumpsters, restrooms, etc..),

It has been so long since she disappeared now, I think those ships have sailed in any case. If you parse what they say carefully, they say they have no reason to believe she is in any danger. They might believe she is, but they have no evidence in terms of signs of a struggle or blood or other indications that she has met with foul play, other than the fact that she has simply disappeared. That's what I take it to mean. Which is cold comfort because I don't get any indication that she wanted to disappear.

On question I've been kicking around is would she have been planning to catch a ride with someone to surprise her bf who had moved to Austin? I would think they would've found records of emails or some sort of communications in that case though.

This is a tough one. Still think about it every day. Wonder if there is any chance of getting Feds involved if they aren't already.

It has been so long since she disappeared now, I think those ships have sailed in any case. If you parse what they say carefully, they say they have no reason to believe she is in any danger. They might believe she is, but they have no evidence in terms of signs of a struggle or blood or other indications that she has met with foul play, other than the fact that she has simply disappeared. That's what I take it to mean. Which is cold comfort because I don't get any indication that she wanted to disappear.

On question I've been kicking around is would she have been planning to catch a ride with someone to surprise her bf who had moved to Austin? I would think they would've found records of emails or some sort of communications in that case though.

This is a tough one. Still think about it every day. Wonder if there is any chance of getting Feds involved if they aren't already.

BBM - good question/idea!
Interesting timing - he moves, she goes missing. In many cases I've followed there's been an event this is unique (or something different from the victim's normal routine) that happens shortly before the person goes missing. We have it here in the way of her BF moving. Is it that event that somehow sets in motion whatever happened to her?...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24
Back