FL FL- Tonya Whipp 38, bf didn't report her msg, left car, dog & personal items, Auburndale, late May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The only two reasons I can think of to willingly leave literally everything behind for an adult female would be to escape a domestic violence type situation or to commit suicide.

Otherwise, I come up with a blank that doesn’t involve someone harming her.

I've been wondering if that was even Tonya that sent that message. Too many questions. The amount of time that passed before she was even reported missing is going to make it more difficult. JMO
That is also my suspicion. If they can locate where the message originated from via the IP address, there could be cameras to look at or witnesses to interview.

“She would have never left those dogs. Nor would she have left all her stuff, her purse, her pocketbook, her ID’s, her bank cards, everything, were still in the house,” said Tusconi.

@Elliot_Alderson The only references I've seen are about him seeing Tonya before work and gone when he returned.
well he appears to have simply soldiered on without her quite easily doesn't he?

I hope this young lady is found but as others have mentioned, leaving beloved pets, ID, purse, vehicle, all of it behind does not give oe a warm fuzzy. She has come to harm, either self harm or from another. I don't even think she would leave literally everything if she left willingly to escape DV situation. She would at the least need forms of ID. Most abusers are not like the movies where they have the brains or the funds to go out and track a woman, or cop friends willing to help them harrass her etc. There is no reason to leave ID behind that is a good one. IMO MOO

JUL 17, 2023
The exhaustive volunteer search for a missing Auburndale woman yielded no new information regarding her whereabouts.

The family of Tonya Whipp, police and a non-profit organization continue to work to find the 38-year-old who was last seen at the end of May.

[...]

Martin and Whipp’s family are sharing information on a growing Facebook group called “Help Find Tonya Whipp.”

They also attended a volunteer search in the area near Whipp’s Auburndale home on Sunday.

“We had a great turnout. We did not uncover anything that was vital for the case,” said Martin.

[...]

In a message to News Channel 8 Monday, Auburndale Police Chief Terry Storie said his staff is determined to find Whipp.

“We all worked all weekend chasing leads. So far there is no sign of her. We’ve been chasing leads from Ocala to Lutz to Pinellas Park…back at it again today,” he said.

Chief Storie said there is no evidence at this time to show a crime was committed related to Whipp’s disappearance.

[...]

As a reminder and taken directly from HERE:

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

Here is Tonya’s Facebook page. Note that she has her current location as Venice FL, and her hometown as Auburndale FL. She lists the man she is engaged to. But no mention of relocating back to Auburndale. Her last posts were mid April.

JMO - This makes me wonder her true location at the time she was missing. Perhaps she was attempting to return to the Venice area. The relationship changed, job not going well, financial troubles, or whatever. In her attempt to reach safety/security, she vanished. JMO

He doesn't mention where they're meeting up at so perhaps the same initial location or he'll have to provide an update as he mentioned.
The last search they had a member of Sunshine State Sonar show up. That group does underwater sonar searching. I hope they come again. Those groups that do sonar searching in water have done amazing work in Florida finding people who have gone missing. There are a lot of lakes and canals in this area. One of those groups found a woman in a community retention pond who had been missing for months a short while back. There are also a lot of alligators in the waters in central Florida area making it a dangerous job for their divers. I admire them for what they accomplish and for what they have to go through to accomplish it.

1690139033381.jpeg
1690139065081.jpeg
10 Tampa Bay asked the family if Tonya was dating anyone. They said she had a boyfriend they didn't know well.

We also asked if the family was suspicious about the boyfriend to which they said, "We’re not at liberty to say, but our goal is to find our sister."

"Very grateful, we have a lot of friends and family here. A lot of people we’ve never met," Tonya's sister, Donna Martin said.

Auburndale Police released new information regarding the man Whipp was living with. Police confirmed Whipp was living with a man named Russell Carroll.

Police confirmed Caroll was the same man who was recently released from prison for the attempted murder/stabbing of his 16-year-old girlfriend in 2003.

At this point, Tony Whipp is the only person of interest in the case. When 10 Tampa Bay asked investigators what Carroll has said about Whipp’s disappearance, they responded, "We are not releasing that information at this point in the investigation."

1690141996051.jpeg
“We don’t know where she’s at. Every day that passes by it makes it even harder because it’s another day that’s passed and another day that we haven’t found her,” said Donna Martin, Tonya Whipp’s sister.

The Essentials consists of retired military and law enforcement officers and has worked on several high-profile missing persons cases.

"Less attention is paid to these missing person cases and the next thing you know, they become cold. So we’re just trying to do our part, give back and see if we can help,” said Tusconi.

“On days that we kind of give up and say we’re not going to find her alive, he says, 'Don’t give up your hope.' He keeps pressing us, keep your hope, keep your hope,” Martin said.

When LE is tight-lipped it often doesn't bode well.
:(
My thoughts are with everyone who loves and cares about Tonya.
Grateful Tonya's sister, Ms. Martin, is keeping up hope.
Still wanting some good news soon !

I always surmise that when people are out 'on the ground' conducting searches, that they become emotionally invested -- even if they've never met the missing person !
I think I would.
Omo.

I hope any person close to Tonya who appear not as interested in finding her as her loved ones are having their digital footprints retraced during the key time when she went missing.

Prayers for Tonya's family

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back