Found Deceased FL - Tracey Lynn Rieker, 44, Venice, 30 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
THIS! This is what sticks out to me the most. How did this location go unnoticed for this long???
Exactly - we Floridians know the first place we should look is water and yet this wasn’t? And do the neighborhood gates Have cameras? Mine do- anyone check them to verify the 3am departure ? What about neighborhood cameras? Are these being checked? Too many questions and Not much local media coverage now
JMO
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...id-religious-acted-differently-vanishing.html
hmmm

Exactly - we Floridians know the first place we should look is water and yet this wasn’t? And do the neighborhood gates Have cameras? Mine do- anyone check them to verify the 3am departure ? What about neighborhood cameras? Are these being checked? Too many questions and Not much local media coverage now
JMO
Husband of Tracey Lynn Rieker said she became very religious and acted differently before vanishing | Daily Mail Online
hmmm

I think because of the husbands statements they thought she was not near home, but left the area. I know he most likely told them way more than what he publicly released to the MSM. Now that she is found, they will look at the car to see if there is any signs that she was hit and run off the road, or if the keys where in the ignition, just anything that would be inconsistent with a person losing there way in the dark and running into a lake. They will do an autopsy to see if she drowned or if she was dead before she hit the water. All that takes time, so you won't see much more on this case, unless they determine foul play. Then they will do a homicide investigation. I am just glad they found her, it is horrible for families that don't know where their loved one is.

They removed the "homicide" tag and switched to the accident involving death.

121350355_10223632059486396_5945326729620518717_o.jpg

Respectfully, the LE post above doesn’t use the term accident.

The post says, “The case is being investigated as a traffic crash that involved death of an involved party.”

Is LE calling it an accident elsewhere?

I thought the lake was very close to her house? In a gated community?
According to that map it looks like it’s on the other side of I-75?
Autopsy set for body of Tracey Lynn Rieker
Her body was recovered from a sunken vehicle in North Venice's Toscana Isles on Saturday.

"Investigators will know more about Ms. Rieker's cause of death following the results, as well as a toxicity screening that could take 6 to 8 weeks," the city of Venice announced in a news release Monday.

At about 11:45 a.m. Saturday, her green Nissan Xterra was found in a pond in the Toscana Isles subdivision in North Venice. Her body was found inside it.

A family friend said Tracy Rieker and her family lived in Toscana Isles, not far from where the vehicle was discovered.
---
I don't think that map is accurate
JMO

Autopsy set for body of Tracey Lynn Rieker
Her body was recovered from a sunken vehicle in North Venice's Toscana Isles on Saturday.

"Investigators will know more about Ms. Rieker's cause of death following the results, as well as a toxicity screening that could take 6 to 8 weeks," the city of Venice announced in a news release Monday.

At about 11:45 a.m. Saturday, her green Nissan Xterra was found in a pond in the Toscana Isles subdivision in North Venice. Her body was found inside it.

A family friend said Tracy Rieker and her family lived in Toscana Isles, not far from where the vehicle was discovered.
---
I don't think that map is accurate
JMO

I don't think that map is accurate, either.

This one probably is:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 50
I thought the lake was very close to her house? In a gated community?
According to that map it looks like it’s on the other side of I-75?
I thought so too and although I've seen posts citing 900 feet from home, can't find anything in MSM citing the actual location. Hopefully, DM will update their map.
Any news if the vehicle extracted from the water yet?

Family plans memorial, celebration of life to honor woman who disappeared

Snips:
The family of Tracey Rieker plans to remember her with events during the next several days and weeks.

"We continue to grieve the unimaginable loss of Tracey as a family," the family said in a statement. "We have decided to hold a private memorial for her, with our extended family and close friends, here in Florida this weekend, at the beach.

"In the coming weeks, we will continue to celebrate her life with the friends that loved her in Maryland and Colorado."

Respectfully, the LE post above doesn’t use the term accident.

The post says, “The case is being investigated as a traffic crash that involved death of an involved party.”

Is LE calling it an accident elsewhere?

Right. I was going off memory, and more showing that the "homicide" part had been removed. I came back and added the screenshot later, didn't update my text. "Accident" was phased out for "crash" after I left LE, old dog/new tricks deal.

Don't get too hung up on the language used by law enforcement, they don't all look up definitions. Newer law enforcement officers say "crash", older ones say "accident", FHP would say "traffic homicide" whether it be from another person or the person dying from their own actions, purposefully or not. A report in Florida normally takes 90 days. On another note, I have personally known of six cases where the person has driven into a pond and drowned, some near their homes. One wasn't found for a year. My husband, former LE Chief, has known of many more. You wouldn't normally see any tracks unless the brakes were applied. Due to environmental laws, the weeds and shrubs growing around ponds are not allowed to be cut down, making it even more difficult. Remember coastal areas are also sand in Florida.

Family of Tracey Lynn Rieker say she would not drive into lake intentionally | Daily Mail Online
The family of missing Florida mother Tracey Lynn Rieker, whose body was found in her submerged SUV in a lake over the weekend, say they don't believe she drove into the water intentionally.

'I think that she was confused and I do not think it was intentional, due to either her lack of sleep and the mindset that that would cause. I don’t believe she thought she was driving into a lake,' Tracey's husband Christian Rieker said, according to the Venice Gondolier.

more at link...

I wonder how long they've lived there? The neighborhood has changed a lot in the past 4-5 years, using the County GIS site. Some streets used to be where water was, others moved around. The route she had to take is a wide, dusty construction site road that has been moved at least once. Through fatigue, I've taken old familiar routes, that no longer led where I was supposed to be going.

Questions remain: Family, friends remember life of Tracey Rieker

Oct 14, 2020

5f8605338c9d3.image.jpg

The autopsy of Tracey Lynn Rieker, 44, took place Monday in Sarasota. Her body was recovered from a sunken Nissan Xterra on Saturday in North Venice’s Toscana Isles subdivision.

“Investigators will know more about Ms. Rieker’s cause of death following the results, as well as a toxicity screening that could take six-eight weeks,” Venice Police Chief Tom Mattuller said.

District 12 Medical Examiner Russell Vega said he couldn’t reveal the manner of death due to the ongoing investigation. A toxicology test could take longer, he said, due to the condition of the body.

”The fact is we are interested in doing very comprehensive testing and the decomposition means it will take a longer time rather than a shorter amount of time (to complete),” Vega said.

[..]

She was in foster care from the age of 5 and went “from home-to-home-to-home.” He said she experienced a variety of abuses and traumas, but never let that determine her outlook.

“She overcame all of that and had a beautiful life, and touched hundreds and thousands of people’s life through her kindness,” he said. “She was always someone who worked to see the good in life.”

More aboout TR at link. What a lovely women -she'll be missed.

JMO
Husband of Tracey Lynn Rieker said she became very religious and acted differently before vanishing | Daily Mail Online
hmmm
When she disappeared I pulled up an aerial of her house. Immediately my husband and I said she's in one of those ponds. We just knew. There's so much water surrounding that house.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back