Found Deceased FL - Tracey Lynn Rieker, 44, Venice, 30 Sept 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Finally. I think someone made a big mistake and instead of saying a traffic accident resulting in death, they used the word homicide. I hope there's a more thorough explanation soon, the family must be beside themselves.

Homicide requires only a volitional act by another person that results in death. Add vehicular and you have an actual crime under Florida Statute. I agree that the investigation should be complete before labeling this a crime. Nonetheless, I appreciate that they are also not willing to call this a single-vehicle crash. A tragedy remains: four babies are left without their loving mommy. MOO

To my knowledge, there have been no credible sightings. The family forgot to mention it has a specialty plate that's "Protect Florida Springs": It's blue with a diver and looks very different from the typical Florida license place which is white with an orange. Originally they put it out with PO8166 but it's P08116
121261924_3322803731088629_6799795170410145856_n.jpg

In listening to the husband's video message posted on Crimeonline linked below, he mentioned that Tracey left her own car behind and took his distinct, green Nissan Xterra SUV. I wonder if she was familiar with this vehicle-- especially as she's believed to have left in the middle of the night and the area described as very dark. I'm so sorry for this lovely family -- especially her children.

Tracey Rieker: Police find body in large pond, likely of missing mom-of-four [BREAKING]

Family struggles with loss of missing Venice mom found dead - NBC2 News

(video with some of her friends and family included).

Beth Spurry, Reiker’s foster sister, said she got a call from Reiker’s husband on Wednesday, Sept. 30 saying the mother of four had been missing for two hours.

“We couldn’t imagine why she wasn’t where she belonged,” said Spurry. “We hired a private investigator because there’s a process and we wanted to get out there immediately.”

Wonder why her sister was called after she had only been missing 2 hours (that would have been 5am.)

I thought he woke up at 6:30 and saw she wasn't there.

Last edited:
A missing Florida mom was found submerged in a large pond in a subdivision inside of the family’s green Nissan XTerra 11 days after she was reported missing. While her death is still under investigation, according to her husband’s interview with Fox News, Tracey Rieker, 44, had in the last few months become deeply religious with her newfound beliefs consuming her to the point where she hadn’t been eating or sleeping.

Tracey Rieker: Missing Florida Mom Found Dead | Heavy.com

Beth Spurry, Reiker’s foster sister, said she got a call from Reiker’s husband on Wednesday, Sept. 30 saying the mother of four had been missing for two hours.

“We couldn’t imagine why she wasn’t where she belonged,” said Spurry. “We hired a private investigator because there’s a process and we wanted to get out there immediately.”

Wonder why her sister was called after she had only been missing 2 hours (that would have been 5am.)

I listened to her husband in a video linked by Crimeonline posted upthread and I think the alarming part is the hour she allegedly disappeared and that she was being described as being in what sounded like a psychotic state or episode.

Husband stated she went from housebound, unwilling to leave because she was very fearful of the COVID19 virus to feeling compelled to get out and share her thoughts of scripture and God at all hours of the day/night. Seemed she was also on a one-woman mission to stop Halloween and feared she was running out of time. TR was clearly in danger, IMO. What a terrible tragedy.

I still can’t figure out with the family, the neighbors, the PI and LE, nobody walked along the road to look for tire tracks or footprints. In my mind, that would be the very first thing that needed to be done at sunrise.

I still can’t figure out with the family, the neighbors, the PI and LE, nobody walked along the road to look for tire tracks or footprints. In my mind, that would be the very first thing that needed to be done at sunrise.
It's very odd indeed. I'm afraid TR believed she was being pursued in the middle of the night and drove her husband's vehicle into the water -- unless other evidence surfaces pointing that this was a crime.

Was TR a natural extrovert?

I realize this pandemic has taken its toll on those who are used to being sociable, spending time with friends, social activities, what have you. The end results are not good.

I feel so bad for Tracey and her family right now, no, I did not know her personally, but she lived not too far from where we did in Venice one time. Her poor children. :(

Why would a PI be hired after just a couple of hours? It is odd.....or a whole bunch of timeline was left out of the story telling.

His story changes a lot. He did say he woke up and she was gone at 6. He’s also said he was up with her at 3 am. Which doesn’t make sense with this story. I don’t know why he called her foster sister 2 hours later either. Phone records should be able to clear up this story with police.

Last edited:

Oct 12, 2020

On Oct. 10, divers with multiple agencies believed they found Reiker and the green car in the middle of a pond in the gated Toscana neighborhood in Venice. Authorities have ruled the death a “traffic homicide.”

NBC News2 video at link above. First time I learned she was found inside a gated community....:eek:

She was submerged in a pond near her house.
Less than 900 feet from her front door. The husbands story changes too much to be truthful. I hope the cops get to the bottom of it all.

Why would a PI be hired after just a couple of hours? It is odd.....or a whole bunch of timeline was left out of the story telling.

Beth Spurrey (sister) states they hired a PI because "there's a process and we wanted to get out there looking immediately."

Did they want to search on private property? Did they suspect foul play? Seems they wanted legal guidance but they not relying on the police for this help.

Perhaps the sisters were not working on the same team as the husband.

SNN (Sarasota News) did an interview with her husband in the FB group.

Link:

She left home with no phone, no purse, money, credit cards -- driving husband's 2011 Green Xterra SUV.

If her husband called her phone, seems that indicates that she typically takes her phone with her. Now that we know she was located in a pond within the gated community, where was she going without any essentials? Did she go outside hoping to sit, meditate, sleep in the vehicle?

Tire tracks led investigators to the water. How old were these tracks that they were not located for almost two weeks? Tracey's children deserve answers -- they will want to know one day how their mother ended up in the pond.

Tracey Rieker: Missing Florida Mom Found Dead | Heavy.com

Oct 12, 2020

Christian Rieker told Fox 13 News that he last saw his wife around 3 a.m. on the morning of September 30, but when he woke up Tracey and her car were gone. Her purse and phone were still at the house.

[..]

On April 7 Tracey wrote a long Facebook post announcing that she’d been having visions. She wrote in part, “I know now the power that visions like mine hold…for they are ever referenced in the Bible. These given visions aren’t meant for just me to know their meaning. There is great responsibility in sharing them so that they may also guide others to seek the word of God for themselves.”

[..]

Her autopsy was scheduled for October 12, but police said the toxicology report would take six to eight weeks.

[..]

Fox News 13 reported that a family spokesperson, Jennifer Irvine, sent out a media release that said Tracey had been “fasting for religious purposes,” but due to the strange nature of Tracey’s disappearance and death, Venice Police said they hope the autopsy will shed some light on what happened to her.

Body of missing Venice mom believed to be found in lake

Oct 10, 2020

Rieker left home Sept. 30 with no purse, phone or money. Her husband, Christian, said they had been home a lot as a family since COVID-19 hit in March. Rieker, who had asthma and other breathing problems as a child, was increasingly more consumed by the impact of the virus. She sometimes linked it to end-of-the-world thoughts. Christian said Rieker may have been suffering a mental health breakdown. She talked about God much more before her disappearance.

“She just wasn’t herself,” Christian said earlier this month. “She had been up for a couple of days. She said she didn’t want to celebrate Halloween or Christmas this year. Our daughter was born on Halloween. She said she was getting rid of the Halloween decorations and the tree.”

Rieker is survived by her husband and four children who range in age from 12-19.

I’m also local to this area. This has been very well publicized around here, and they’ve been looking for Tracey for like 10 days. She was found pretty much around the corner from her house. Neighbors just now noticed tracks? That doesn’t seem right.

THIS! This is what sticks out to me the most. How did this location go unnoticed for this long???

In listening to the husband's video message posted on Crimeonline linked below, he mentioned that Tracey left her own car behind and took his distinct, green Nissan Xterra SUV. I wonder if she was familiar with this vehicle-- especially as she's believed to have left in the middle of the night and the area described as very dark. I'm so sorry for this lovely family -- especially her children.

Tracey Rieker: Police find body in large pond, likely of missing mom-of-four [BREAKING]
thank you seattle1 for sharing this.
I got a lot from it too.
Isn't it incredible the difference between this husbands open book answers and a few sketchy fellows we follow o_O

Honesty is really easy to express and comprehend.
So hard the waiting.... for her loved ones to know what on earth happened.:(

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MZ_Iwin