FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Dearmont! You're correct. I just went back and looked ( post #70- Tyler Watters ). sorry if this caused any confusion. Oh what a lovely lot of friends, huh?

Thanks Dearmont! You're correct. I just went back and looked ( post #70 ). sorry if this caused any confusion. Oh what a lovely lot of friends, huh?

Toole better be glad Hataway's in jail - he probably would have been next on the list. Oh - just 10 minutes with a cattleprod - what I wouldn't give!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ocasio-suspect-warrant-060809,0,6915913.story

The person of interest in the case of a missing Ocoee woman faces charges in an attack on a woman last year, a Seminole County sheriff's spokeswoman said Monday.

A judge has issued an arrest warrant for James Virgil Hataway, 27, in an Aug. 7 attack alleged by Rachel M. Clarke, 22, spokeswoman Kim Cannaday said. Clarke told deputy sheriffs the Ocoee man twisted her neck after she drove him to his home, which then was in Fern Park.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ond-missing-man-hataway-06100,0,3729420.story

9:06 AM EDT, June 9, 2009

Report: Police will drain pond in Apopka for missing man

Police will drain a pond today in their continuing search for a man who vanished in Apopka, according to Local6.com...

...Local6.com is reporting that Apopka police have already drained two pools at abandoned homes, which are not far from where George's car was found in February. Police said they will drain ponds in the area today...

Thank you Kat for the updates, sounds like they are moving in the right direction on this case. Tracy and Jennifer need to be found.

http://www.wftv.com/news/19706165/detail.html

per video:
he is in protective custody

his mother has visited him

family has helped search the woods

police had a search that was well known to JH and an area where "this man was known to dump things"

today's police search was significant because LE says they don't just blindly search but only based on good tips.

The physical searches keep Tracy's Dad going...

JH was interviewed again at jail today but LE says they did not get anything else out of the interview

Has anyone compared this line up of men to the suspect composites for the Nicole Ganguzza slaying?

My thoughts/suspecions also - Ray is 5'8" and slim build - now in Toledo OH according to his MySpace page - in light of his apparent friendship with Hataway - I would'nt rule him out as a POI in Jenn's disappearance at all, seeing the other main cohorts of Hataway were in jail at the time Jenn went missing - JMHO.

ITA!! Even if Ray only "helped"by parking the car, resulting in the infamous picture. I pray the searches are based on good info, and Traci's family gets answers, as well as Jennifer's family, if indeed JH is involved.

Tracy's aunt makes a public plea:

"Diana Ocasio Grammer Says:
June 9th, 2009 at 6:10 pm
I too believe that Hathaway’s father might know something. If there is anyone out there that knows something, please let someone know, even if it’s anonimously. Tracy’s father, my brother is torn apart. He needs to know something, he is suffering horribly, as well as his wife and the rest of our faimily. Please help search, and if you can’t search, then pray that we find Tracy. Thank you."

http://a11news.com/2022/tracy-ocasio/

Diana, if you are reading this, please know we are praying for the safe return of Tracy!!!

:praying:

Many prayers for Tracy and her entire family. I can't imagine the pain and I truly hope that Tracy returns soon.

On Tuesday, on of Hataway's friends, Justin Sharpe, talked with detectives for about an hour. Investigators called it an emotional interview.

Sharpe dropped Hataway off at the Florida Tap Room two weeks ago, the same night surveillance video captured Tracy Ocasio leaving with Hataway following an Orlando Magic watch party.
The past two weeks have been rough on the Ocasios. Tracy's mother, Liz, had to be rushed to a hospital on Tuesday, complaining of chest pains. Doctors said the stress has been too much on her

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/seminole_news/060909_More_questioned_in_case_of_missing_woman

has this Justin Sharpe been mentioned/checked out before? This was the first I had heard mention of this. My hinky meter is slightly peaked at this....

My thoughts/suspecions also - Ray is 5'8" and slim build - now in Toledo OH according to his MySpace page - in light of his apparent friendship with Hataway - I would'nt rule him out as a POI in Jenn's disappearance at all, seeing the other main cohorts of Hataway were in jail at the time Jenn went missing - JMHO.

This is a picture of Hataway with friends posted on myspace in July, 2006 (six months after JK disappearance). This guy known as "DVS DALLAS" on Myspace. Real name unknown. Looked to be fairly good friends with Hataway in 2006. Also looks to be slimmer/shorter than Hataway.

picture.php

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...ng-ocoee-woman-ocascio-061009,0,6713338.story

OCOEE - Police are searching a wooded area near Ingram Road and Clarcona Ocoee Road for missing Ocoee woman Tracy Ocasio.

The area is about 300 yards from a bike path. About 10 dogs have been brought in to help assist the search, Ocoee police said.

Osacio was last seen alive May 26 when she was watching an Orlando Magic playoff game at the Florida Tap Room. She was reported missing May 27.

She was last seen with James Virgil Hataway, who is considered a person of interest in the case and is being held on unrelated charges at the Orange County Jail.

Thanks for all of your updates, Amytlake. It is greatly appreciated. Have the news stations said anything more about the search,and whether anything of investigative value was found?

Amy, I'm sure glad they are still searching! I hope they also find Onda George!!!

http://www.wesh.com/news/19716932/detail.html

Some interesting clips from above article...

Police said James Hataway used to work at a bar in Casselberry. WESH 2 News was there on Wednesday to speak with some of his coworkers and friends.
Police said he also used to be an environmental worker, and he used to illegally dump trash in nearby woods. That's why there were teams of cadaver dogs from all over the state searching through the wooded area.
Hataway is still in jail, saying little to police and refusing interviews with the media. Some of his old friends had plenty to say about him.
"He wasn't a good guy, very short tempered," said friend "Tony."
Tony didn't want his face on camera, but he said he used to hang out with Hataway at Holly and Dolly's bar in Casselberry.
Hataway was a cook there for six months. Tony said he was with Hataway before another alleged attack on a woman.
"He tried to choke her out, fingers in her mouth, bruising on her face, bruising on her body -- a lot of substantial damage," Tony said.
He said he thinks search crews are in the right area.

Thanks for the article excerpts. Its pretty bad when old guy friends have only negative things to say about JH. The old friend commenting that he thinks the search is in the right area gave me the chills. It reminded me of Casey Anthony's friend KM who said she thought the secret area where Casey had buried a pet hamster would be where she would have placed Caylee's remains. KM was right - Caylee was found in the area KM discussed, although not from a targeted search. I pray that Traci is found soon, and returned safe. But, in any case, that she is found soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18