FL - Tracy Ocasio, 27, Orlando/Ocoee, 27 May 2009 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...l-bk-body-found-apopka-072109,0,3344749.story

Investigators consider the discovery of a woman's body in a rural part of north Orange County a "suspicious death."

Deputies from the Orange County Sheriff's Office said a man jogging in the 4700 block of Ondich Road in north Apopka at 7:20 a.m. smelled an unusual odor coming from a wooded area.

The jogger told deputies he walked closer to the woods and found the decomposing body of an adult woman.

Sheriff's spokesman Jim Solomons said the body has been there for some time.

"There is evidence at the scene to suggest a homicide occurred," Solomons said.

Solomons said the area is known as a dumping spot for trash

Is there a follow up of this discarded body in the woods, and what has the Orlando LE deemed from this possible homicide? Can it be related to 1 or 2 possible serial killers as James Hataway could have been working with someone, his father perhaps?

Does anyone know more and is there a thread for this?

Is there a follow up of this discarded body in the woods, and what has the Orlando LE deemed from this possible homicide? Can it be related to 1 or 2 possible serial killers as James Hataway could have been working with someone, his father perhaps?

Does anyone know more and is there a thread for this?

I've done a WS search and haven't found a thread on this UID. I'm going to add her to the Unidentified forum and see if anyone has gotten an update on her.

FL - Woman found in north Orange County - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/072909_ocasio

"ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Police are working on a new tip in the search for a missing Ocoee woman.

A tipster told police he thinks he saw Tracy Ocasio's car just hours after she left the Taproom. He told police Wednesday he saw the car on May 27th, the day Ocasio was last seen leaving that Metrowest bar.

The tipster says he saw Ocasio’s car sometime between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. That’s the time frame cops have been looking at.

Ocasio was last seen leaving the Florida Taproom between 1:30am and 2 a.m., her car found just blocks away from James Hataways home around 7 a.m.

Hataway is still the person of interest in this case. The tipster said he saw Ocasios car just a little more than 5 miles from where the car was abandoned. Tracy’s father, Joe Ocasio, came to the site with the tipster and police. The tipster told him that he noticed the car because he drives a yellow mustang and he notices cars that color.

Joe Ocasio told us the tipster said Tracy’s car was facing the opposite side of the road going the other direction. The tipster said he was going to slow down thinking someone was broken down but then he thought that it was odd that the car was parked the wrong way.

The tipster also said he slowed down again and was going to turn around but decided not to. The site is just a couple of miles from where Equusearch looked for Ocasio in June. Joe Ocasio says he, himself passed this area at least 4 times before. "We did not search that area to my knowledge because it was right off the road.

Searchers have started to scout the area and they will begin searching the new area in a couple of days. Ocoee police are also looking into a case of attempted abduction in New York trying to find out if maybe a seasonal worker was here and may have traveled somewhere else."

I heard this story on Fox 35 this morning. They mentioned "Binyon(sp?) Road or Drive. I didn't see that mentioned in the article.

Finally some new information!! Maybe someone knows where this is? I also heard recently on the news, but can't find a link, that Tracy's phone pinged at some point that night at a Kangaroo Convenience Store.

It would be great if this info can move this case forward. Hoping to bring the family some closure.

"ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Police are working on a new tip in the search for a missing Ocoee woman.

A tipster told police he thinks he saw Tracy Ocasio's car just hours after she left the Taproom. He told police Wednesday he saw the car on May 27th, the day Ocasio was last seen leaving that Metrowest bar.

The tipster says he saw Ocasio’s car sometime between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m. That’s the time frame cops have been looking at.

Ocasio was last seen leaving the Florida Taproom between 1:30am and 2 a.m., her car found just blocks away from James Hataways home around 7 a.m.

Hataway is still the person of interest in this case. The tipster said he saw Ocasios car just a little more than 5 miles from where the car was abandoned. Tracy’s father, Joe Ocasio, came to the site with the tipster and police. The tipster told him that he noticed the car because he drives a yellow mustang and he notices cars that color.

Joe Ocasio told us the tipster said Tracy’s car was facing the opposite side of the road going the other direction. The tipster said he was going to slow down thinking someone was broken down but then he thought that it was odd that the car was parked the wrong way.

The tipster also said he slowed down again and was going to turn around but decided not to. The site is just a couple of miles from where Equusearch looked for Ocasio in June. Joe Ocasio says he, himself passed this area at least 4 times before. "We did not search that area to my knowledge because it was right off the road.

Searchers have started to scout the area and they will begin searching the new area in a couple of days. Ocoee police are also looking into a case of attempted abduction in New York trying to find out if maybe a seasonal worker was here and may have traveled somewhere else."

I heard this story on Fox 35 this morning. They mentioned "Binyon(sp?) Road or Drive. I didn't see that mentioned in the article.

Finally some new information!! Maybe someone knows where this is? I also heard recently on the news, but can't find a link, that Tracy's phone pinged at some point that night at a Kangaroo Convenience Store.

It would be great if this info can move this case forward. Hoping to bring the family some closure.

I could not locate a Binyon Rd. or Dr. I tried a variation of spellings. Is it possible it could have been Canyon Trail Lane which is 5.7 miles away?

These are the Kangaroo Express convenience stores in the Ocoee area:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&r...sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1#

3 in the approximate area of Tracy's car:

10 E Silver Star Rd.
400 Franklin St.
8299 Silver Star Rd.

The spelling is Binion Rd in Apopka. Hopefully this will lead to a close. They also mentioned Binion on WESH news at 12.

The spelling is Binion Rd in Apopka. Hopefully this will lead to a close. They also mentioned Binion on WESH news at 12.

The area on Binion Road sure seems like the right area, and the timeframe in which the tipster saw the car would fit also.Sure hope this leads to a big break for Tracy.

kiki the parrot said:
Police also saw JVH and two other men near George's abandoned car on Ocoee-Apopka Rd. This is near Binion Rd (his childhood fishing spot or "comfort zone") that was focus of recent searching and road on which Magnolia Park and boat launch are located (at 2760 S Binion Rd).

:praying:

(bumping my post from Thread #1) Have long been asking about Magnolia Park eg, Lake Apopka boat ramp and the Binion Road area.

:parrot:

Okay, so I drove the entire Binion Rd starting on the SR 436 side all the way to Ocoee Apopka Rd then Franklin then passed by Lyle (short short road). FWIW, there is a Kangaroo on the corner of Franklin and Ocoee Apopka which is about 500 ft from Lyle. IMHO, that would be my guess for the Kangaroo it pinged from. Most of Binion Rd has newer residential complexes then a bunch of nurseries on the way to Franklin. If I'm correct, the area that they were talking about seeing her car is on the left if heading the direction I was referring to or heading. So, if the car was facing the opposite direction they must have made a U-Turn when they passed a good area b/c the only other logical reason to be coming from that direction wouldn't make sense. They would have to have been coming from Altamonte or taken the 429 (a toll rd) to get there like I did to be heading in that direction then cross the street...which I doubt they did when there are other ways to get there that are much easier from the Taproom.

But...remember there was no scent picked up by cadaver dogs. So, most likely TO's body wasn't in her car on the side of the road when seen UNLESS she hadn't actually passed at this time. Maybe drugged or passed out in some sorts but not deceased. And the tipster didn't say there was another vehichle otherwise I would suggest that maybe they followed one another to the site.

There were reports of gunshots near JVH's house. What about any reports on this side of town??? BTW and IMO, this is a much different side of town than where JVH lives. Not quite as seedy. So I would think that anything weird going on would have beed heard, so maybe no gun was used?!?

So many possibilities. But I at least wanted to make the drive and report back what I took in and what I could see potentially happening.

Hope this helps in some way!

Just saw Kiki's post. I will have to figure out where that address was along my drive and let you know what I saw there.

And can someone tell me WHY and WHERE this NY case came into play? If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but PLEASE spare me. We hear absolutely nothing about this case it seems and then, oh, BTW, we have something similar 2000 miles away?!?!?!?!?...

The Kangaroo Express that is very close to JVH's house has surveillance cameras. I saw 4 in the front. I don’t know if they actually record anything but I could see lights on them. You can see the cell tower clearly from the store as well from the entrance to Lyle St. As for the sighting of Tracy's car on Binion Rd, I think this could be where they are talking about in the news report http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=104911739131657185086.00046ca500eb1ac9ed26e&t=h&ll=28.643213,-81.55359&spn=0,359.996561&z=18&layer=c&cbll=28.643215,-81.553589&panoid=JSsEIyd90fsz9rN_-vYCwQ&cbp=12,337.87,,0,-12.83. Also does anybody have any info on the 4:30 am ping that came from her phone? I thought it was also from the same area as the 8:30 ping.

Watching WESH 11 o'clock news...the helicopter zoomed in on Harmon and Binion if that helps.
And...FWIW...they showed the JVH recent mug shot w/o the beard and he is looks about 20 years older.

Thank you jeno and kiki for all this information. We, the Ocasio family members look at every post, everyday, hungry for new leads or information. This is so deeply painful to us. It's beyond belief. Joe Ocasio needs to find the remains of his daughter. God bless all you wonderful people that care.

Watching WESH 11 o'clock news...the helicopter zoomed in on Harmon and Binion if that helps.
And...FWIW...they showed the JVH recent mug shot w/o the beard and he is looks about 20 years older.

From your post I take it the helicopter is a news helicopter. If not, please post correction. I ask because the only other helicopter would be LE, and I am wondering if LE has seriously checked out the area since the tip. Thanks

Also the area on Binion rd seems very close to where Chris George's car was found, but on the other side of the highway.

I read here and on the Orlando Sentinel every day hoping for Tracy to be found

Me and many of the Ocasio family members, go into all the sites that talk about Tracy. This is a tragedy for our family.

Me and many of the Ocasio family members, go into all the sites that talk about Tracy. This is a tragedy for our family.

Not much help being in Oregon in a physical sense, but please know that I send prayers up for your family all the time! Please Lord - PLEASE show us where she is!

Give the family a cyber hug from me ~ and don't worry - we won't give up on Tracy!

I too am dispairaged at the rate of news coming in, but one HUGE thing reported ny at 3 diefferent sites are these H brothers and their possible involvement-

Two sites we arent allowed to link ,and maybe this needs its own thread? The only reason I didnt make one, is that others following this HAVE HAD to heave heard of them, and dont know if mods are cool with it-

I cant link 2 of the sites, but they have some AMAZING, INCREDIBLE info we dont have, and I this us WS'ers could pull pur resources and try to figure this out-

These true crime forums shouldnt be compitition- it's ALL about teamwork to find missing loved ones, isnt it? I read many, but have chose to only post here. No trolls, and great mods...lol

Just hesitant to post about the H bros, since no one has yet-

BTW- The H bros are a family of @ 4-5 bros, dads, and their women. cousins, etc. They all/most have EXTENSIVE rap sheets and a few are considered CIs. One of them pushed TO down in an altercation on front of the Tap Room a few weeks before her disappearance, and TO poured a drink of one of the women's heads that is involved in that group.

I believe we at WS can help SOOO much more- IF this topic is worth starting a thread on, please move my post to the apporpriate place - I really think we can help -we're pretty smart when we put our heads together :grouphug:

(bbm) Agree lol... we have discussed this topic (P-hut et al) in the first 7 pages of this thread. Their criminal records, April incident etc.

Link re search for JKesse,

Certified search and rescue teams are looking for missing Orlando resident Jennifer Kesse. But this search could be different from the others because they also will keep their eyes out for missing Ocoee resident Tracy Ocasio.

Some of the search areas for Kesse overlap possible locations where Ocasio may be located, her mother Liz Ocasio said earlier this week.

"The search this weekend is for Jennifer," Liz Ocasio told the Orlando Sentinel earlier this week. "But since some of the areas overlap, they won't just walk over her [Tracy Ocasio] if they find her."

A tipster had reported seeing Ocasio's yellow Chevrolet Cobalt parked on the wrong side of a two-lane road near a wooded area the night she disappeared.

That is the first credible tip that police have had about the missing 27-year-old's car since it was found abandoned near James Hataway's home hours after she was reported missing on May 27.

Hataway was the last person to see Tracy Ocasio. He is being held at the Orange County Jail on unrelated drug charges.

Fifty to 70 trained searchers will be involved, as will multiple ATVs, search dogs and boats. Orlando police and the Orange County Sheriff's Office are not involved in the effort.

:prayer: Prayers for the families of Jennifer and Tracy.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...e-tracy-ocasio-missing-073109,0,5227587.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back