FL FL - Trenton Duckett, 2, Leesburg, 27 Aug 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
As you said in an earlier post, suicide is the ultimate selfish act.

Can you imagine a mother taking her life if she thought there was a possibility of her child needing her or crying for her somewhere?

Melinda had only had custody of Trenton for a few months. From watching the videos of Melinda's grandparents, the grandparents were very proud of Melinda and praised her mothering skills. How do you think Melinda was feeling when the police were pressuring her to tell them where she was the weekend Trenton disappeared and she couldn't do because in planning the staged abduction she hadn't thought of the use of video security systems in any store she might say she was at. I also think she was hoping one of the men at her house the night of the staged abduction would "help" her by saying he had heard or seen Trenton.

I think Trenton went missing because of Melinda's need to appear perfect (as cited in her psych evaluation) and because she made a stupid mistake when she sent the e-mail.

I don't know if she planned it all out in advance or if Melinda was simply feeling sad or bitter because it was her anniversary and Josh was dating others. Women often get nostalgic, drink and call their exes on sentimental dates. I think Melinda drank and e-mailed. Only after she told people Josh did it and they insisted she take legal actions, things went too far.

Swearing Josh had sent her the e-mail under oath and using the e-mail to get a temporary restraining order is against the law. Josh was saying he had turned his computer over to an expert and could "PROVE" he hadn't sent the e-mail. Melinda's lawyer told Bill O' Reilly she had warned Melinda that if she had lied about the e-mail there would be serious consequences.

Melinda and Josh were about to go to court again over the divorce and custody of Trenton. After the restraining order was issued, according to Lake County records, Melinda went from having custody to temporary custody. Keeping Trenton was no longer a given. She would have lost if Josh could prove she sent the e-mail. (And Melinda knew she was guilty which increases stress and worry.)

I don't think Melinda could face having her grandparents know she had again lost custody of her son by doing something so stupid. I think she felt cornered because of what she had done and trapped and unable to face people. The same way she felt when she committed suicide because the police, the media and the public were asking for answers to questions she couldn't answer without even more stress and suffering from being found out and caught short. (Being caught short was something she said didn't happen to her.)

I think Melinda would have done anything to keep Josh from taking trenton from her again. And that the thought of him dating and being happy with someone else and having Trenton too, in addition to it being her fault she had lost custody was too much for Melinda. Melinda had also just lost a new boyfriend she thought had a lot of promise, her job and her best friend. Court matters, a divorce, an ex dating, facing losing custody of your child, money problems, losing your boyfriend, facing the disapproval of those closest to you who you want only to know the best, losing your job an losing a best friend, there was a lot going on in the life of a girl who was fragile to begin with, in my opinion.

Hey everyone.

I'm going to respond to this by color. In all, I agree very much with the post/poster to a degree and instance.

I think MD felt safe to commit suicide. As a mother, I can't possibly relate to commiting suicide and possibly leaving a child behind. However, just a couple weeks ago, I've met a mother who had to bury her son. Seeing the amount of pain she was in from her loss, and trying to put myself in her shoes....well, I could possibly understand commiting suicide ONLY if I KNEW my child had passed before me.

That said, I do think MD was fairly confident that Trenton wouldn't be returning. I've come to the opinion that her statement "He's been gone too long" to hint that she dropped him off, possibly wandering, to be found. Since Trenton wasn't fluent in speech, if found, he wouldn't have said who put him there and it would have been up to investigators to figure it out. MD possibly and probably continuing to point at Joshua. All theory, of course.

In her planning, which I do think this was, I do think she thought of the videos. Looking back at where she was, and where she said she had been, it appears like she almost avoided cameras. The areas of witnesses not seeing Trenton with her, seem to be able to be explained away (ie, Trenton was in the car during the ATM visit, Trenton was in the car when MD ran in the store real quick, etc.) It appears like she went out of the way to not be seen easily, even by her friends, when she had the reputation of being outgoing and social. IMO.

I had never considered MD filing charges against Joshua due to peer pressure to do so. I have always just assumed it was all a part of her plan to do that. If it wasn't a part of her plan, your idea of peer pressure may have sunk any strategy she was working towards (ie, painting an uglier image of Joshua to her grandparents and friends, etc.)

I agree that MD wouldn't want any of her stories or behaviors to be discovered or found out by her grandparents/friends. It would have been humilating for her to endure. I also don't think MD would have accepted any jail time, which I strongly think she was facing with the fake email, rumored Band of America investigation, and undiscovered missing son. All imo, of course.

I also agree that Melinda didn't want Trenton going back to Joshua. She was jaded and scorned my him wanted him to suffer, and keeping Trenton from him was hurting him. I think the staged abduction (and my theory of leaving him wandering) was set up for Joshua to take the blame on and to remove any and all focus off the fake email.

Trenton is out there somewhere. Melinda made sure she was found and that her body was taken care of, according to her wishes. I can only hope and pray that she didn't make it impossible for the same to be done for Trenton. He deserves to be taken care of.

All of that is my opinion only.

PJ3,

The reason I changed from believing the e-mail was preplanned to possible impulsiveness is because of the arguments by some posters that there was no need for Melinda to send the e-mail and then disappear Trenton because she HAD custody. Which is true.

BUT, if she impulsively drunk e-mailed or revenged e-mailed on a sentimental day she was feeling especially bitter toward Josh, then what she did makes sense.

Because if after she told people about how mean Josh had sent her the e-mail she was pushed by LE or CAra or her mother to file a restraining order, once Melinda swore under oath that Josh "did it" Melinda committed a crime. She would NO LONGER have custody of Trenton if caught. We know from what Melinda's lawyer said on O' Reilly that Melinda had been told right before Trenton disappeared there would be serious consequences for Melinda if SHE had sent the e-mail.

Josh or Carla wouldn't have taken Trenton BEFORE the hearing. Josh would have been told by his lawyer that if Melinda had sent the e-mail, as suspected, he could legally get his son back. He didn't HAVE to take Trenton and would not have done so until after more investigating and a computer analysis and the results of the court hearing.

The person WITH something to LOSE from the court hearing was Melinda not Josh. A court hearing could only HELP Josh. He wouldn't take Trenton BEFORE the hearing. The person who was about to be outed for illegally using the courts and that didn't want her hated ex to have her baby is the one with reason for drastic action.

Which means that the e-mail would have set everything else into action. Because once Melinda lied under oath to keep Trenton from his father she set herself up to lose Trenton. After all of those months of taking classes, she would have lost Trenton to her despised ex. And she would have to tell her grandparents she had AGAIN done something to cause a court to rule her unfit to have her baby.

MOO

she would have to tell her grandparents she had AGAIN done something to cause a court to rule her unfit to have her baby.
i think how they would look at her played a huge part in everything she did after the email. i think her grandparents are the only people in her life she always felt would be there for her. when she screwed up they helped her. they did not kick her to the curb but still showed her the love she so desperately needed. i dont think she could live with them knowing what she had done to her son. i also think that if her hate for josh was not enough to keep her from saying what she had done in the notes her love for her grandparents was. even if death i dont think she could accept the shame they would have felt if she had confessed.

I do not believe Melinda always planned and was never impulsive.

From passing out at Wal-mart from Matt's good stuff to dancing on tables to fighting at a pool hall and getting kicked out, you don't have to read much of Melinda's myspace to see she sometimes reacted and behaved impulsively instead of pre-planning.

Just like when she talked about messing with Josh's truck happily on myspace, I think she was feeling especially bad on her anniversary and from drunkeness or meaness and to get attention from her parents and friends because of the drama as well, I think she got the idea to send herself the e-mail.

I think she trapped herself into a corner with that story and was facing consequences the same way she was facing consequences the day she committed suicide after it had been reported the police were changing the direction of their investigation.

I think facing losing custody of Trenton caused Trenton's disappearance. And that LE and the media and the public questioning her and probably correctly concluding what had happened to Trenton pushed her to suicide. In both instances Melinda was about to be caught red handed, shown to be a liar and guilty of criminal actions.

I think Melinda was not able to face the consequence of her actions. Or even for people like her grandparents to "know" what she had done.

MOO

i think how they would look at her played a huge part in everything she did after the email. i think her grandparents are the only people in her life she always felt would be there for her. when she screwed up they helped her. they did not kick her to the curb but still showed her the love she so desperately needed. i dont think she could live with them knowing what she had done to her son. i also think that if her hate for josh was not enough to keep her from saying what she had done in the notes her love for her grandparents was. even if death i dont think she could accept the shame they would have felt if she had confessed.

I 100% agree.

IMO

have any of you guy's read about this case on crime library!you can even read her 12 page autopsy report.there were two shot's fired that day,they found tylenol (small traces) in her system.read it it's very interesting!

PJ3,

The reason I changed from believing the e-mail was preplanned to possible impulsiveness is because of the arguments by some posters that there was no need for Melinda to send the e-mail and then disappear Trenton because she HAD custody. Which is true.

BUT, if she impulsively drunk e-mailed or revenged e-mailed on a sentimental day she was feeling especially bitter toward Josh, then what she did makes sense.

Because if after she told people about how mean Josh had sent her the e-mail she was pushed by LE or CAra or her mother to file a restraining order, once Melinda swore under oath that Josh "did it" Melinda committed a crime. She would NO LONGER have custody of Trenton if caught. We know from what Melinda's lawyer said on O' Reilly that Melinda had been told right before Trenton disappeared there would be serious consequences for Melinda if SHE had sent the e-mail.

Josh or Carla wouldn't have taken Trenton BEFORE the hearing. Josh would have been told by his lawyer that if Melinda had sent the e-mail, as suspected, he could legally get his son back. He didn't HAVE to take Trenton and would not have done so until after more investigating and a computer analysis and the results of the court hearing.

The person WITH something to LOSE from the court hearing was Melinda not Josh. A court hearing could only HELP Josh. He wouldn't take Trenton BEFORE the hearing. The person who was about to be outed for illegally using the courts and that didn't want her hated ex to have her baby is the one with reason for drastic action.

Which means that the e-mail would have set everything else into action. Because once Melinda lied under oath to keep Trenton from his father she set herself up to lose Trenton. After all of those months of taking classes, she would have lost Trenton to her despised ex. And she would have to tell her grandparents she had AGAIN done something to cause a court to rule her unfit to have her baby.

MOO

True, she did have custody, however, it was shared custody. I think the sharing was wearig on her nerves quickly.

Just like the long drive to do the exchange with Trenton had to be changed because Melinda didn't like making the drive to Cumberland Farms, Sumterville to make the exchange. It was the halfway point for both to travel, but Joshua, probably wanting to see his son, agreed to change it to the BP station closer to Melinda's residence. Maybe she was hoping that would get on his nerves and start missing his visitations?

I think the email came about because she wanted a more carefree lifestyle, and Joshua was keeping her in check as a mother. It would have gotten rid of Joshua, once and for all. As many other posters have pointed out, she didn't want him any more. I tend to believe that, but I think Melinda took it to the point of not wanting him in Trenton's life either.

Moo, of course.

have any of you guy's read about this case on crime library!you can even read her 12 page autopsy report.there were two shot's fired that day,they found tylenol (small traces) in her system.read it it's very interesting!

Her Psych. Eval is just as interesting, imo.

they found tylenol (small traces) in her system.read it it's very interesting!.

I thought that there was enough Tylenol to have started liver damage?

IIRC wasn't there a discussion about the possibility of Melinda first trying to overdose with the Tylenol without realizing how sick she would feel and how awful the side effects would be before she had had enough, so that when she started feeling bad but was still alive she used the shotgun when her grandparents left her alone.

Someone else theorized she had been taking large doses for a long period of time.

Whichever way it was, IIRC, she had taken enough to have had damaged her liver from it.

jmo

True, she did have custody, however, it was shared custody. I think the sharing was wearig on her nerves quickly.

Just like the long drive to do the exchange with Trenton had to be changed because Melinda didn't like making the drive to Cumberland Farms, Sumterville to make the exchange. It was the halfway point for both to travel, but Joshua, probably wanting to see his son, agreed to change it to the BP station closer to Melinda's residence. Maybe she was hoping that would get on his nerves and start missing his visitations?

I think the email came about because she wanted a more carefree lifestyle, and Joshua was keeping her in check as a mother. It would have gotten rid of Joshua, once and for all. As many other posters have pointed out, she didn't want him any more. I tend to believe that, but I think Melinda took it to the point of not wanting him in Trenton's life either.

Moo, of course.

That is what LE has said...that she wanted unfettered custody.

Which makes her more manipulative and less sympathetic, IMO.

I think all of us have known someone who has humiliated themselves by calling an ex or e-mailed one to try to get him back OR done something to get revenge. There are whole websites devoted to how people have gotten revenge on their ex by throwing dead skunks in their car etc. And I have known many women who have gotten into a boyfriend's or husband's or an exes e-mail. So doing something stupid, like impulsively sending the e-mail while drinking, and not being able to face the consequences of losing custody, to me, makes Melinda more human than if she cold-bloodedly flat out plotted.

Whichever way it was, I think it was facing the consequences of having everyone know she had again been deemed unfit by a court and worse losing Trenton (her son and essence) to Josh that brought about Trenton's disappearance.

However because of the e-mail, Josh had no reason to fear ANY hearing outcome. Melinda did. To me, that Trenton disappeared BEFORE the hearing that might have branded Melinda unfit and resulted in handing over Trenton to Josh is key.

MOO

I thought that there was enough Tylenol to have started liver damage?

IIRC wasn't there a discussion about the possibility of Melinda first trying to overdose with the Tylenol without realizing how sick she would feel and how awful the side effects would be before she had had enough, so that when she started feeling bad but was still alive she used the shotgun when her grandparents left her alone.

Someone else theorized she had been taking large doses for a long period of time.

Whichever way it was, IIRC, she had taken enough to have had damaged her liver from it.

jmo

There was a lot of discussion about this.

Some felt that if she took it daily, probably a bit more than she should be taking considering her small size, it could have started the liver damage. Which, if this theory were put to experiment, could and would most likely ring very close to true.

Others felt she took a mass amount or a couple mass amounts just prior to Trenton's disappearance and/or her suicide. I think if this were put to experiment, the liver damage would be absent as damage that was found would indicate repeated frequent usage. IMO.

That is what LE has said...that she wanted unfettered custody.

Which makes her more manipulative and less sympathetic, IMO.

I think all of us have known someone who has humiliated themselves by calling an ex or e-mailed one to try to get him back OR done something to get revenge. There are whole websites devoted to how people have gotten revenge on their ex by throwing dead skunks in their car etc. And I have known many women who have gotten into a boyfriend's or husband's or an exes e-mail. So doing something stupid, like impulsively sending the e-mail while drinking, and not being able to face the consequences of losing custody, to me, makes Melinda more human than if she cold-bloodedly flat out plotted.

Whichever way it was, I think it was facing the consequences of having everyone know she had again been deemed unfit by a court and worse losing Trenton (her son and essence) to Josh that brought about Trenton's disappearance.

However because of the e-mail, Josh had no reason to fear ANY hearing outcome. Melinda did. To me, that Trenton disappeared BEFORE the hearing that might have branded Melinda unfit and resulted in handing over Trenton to Josh is key.

MOO

I totaly agree.

Not only would be she answering to for the email, but she was reportedly under investigation for BOA, as well. Theft from a bank risks jail time if found guilty. That would also take Trenton to Joshua, as she wouldn't be around to care for him herself.

Now, looking at the whole picture. What if she faked the email, life taking threats purposeful, in order for her to get away from any BOA charges? What if she did the threats to herself and Trenton...knowing that one day she would bring them to life herself, as well?

Just thinking out loud.

ETA: She didn't think the email would or could be traced back to herself and didn't count on Joshua having multiple alibi accounts of his whereabouts. IMO.

Psychic's Tip Prompts Renewed Search For Trenton Duckett

http://www.wftv.com/news/14190437/detail.html
Investigators used a cadaver dog to search the area around Goose Creek Road and County Road 452 in Lake County on Sunday night...

...So far, the search turned up some children's clothing, but detectives weren't saying if they were related to the case.

Psychic's Tip Prompts Renewed Search For Trenton Duckett

http://www.wftv.com/news/14190437/detail.html
Investigators used a cadaver dog to search the area around Goose Creek Road and County Road 452 in Lake County on Sunday night...

...So far, the search turned up some children's clothing, but detectives weren't saying if they were related to the case.
i never like to put to much faith in psychics. never have believed in it. at this point i dont care if little green men from mars call in tips if it brings this child home one way or the other. despite my personal feelings on this i am glad the police are checking the tip out. it's not like they have eye witnesses breaking down the door at this point. go with what you have no matter how slim the chance imo.

Sherri,

I don't believe in psychics either. But, at this point I agree with you on following anything and everything tipwise.

I think it is so awful for all of the family members to be in limbo.

Everytime they see LE on their phone ID's they probably are hoping (for good news) and are yet afraid because it might be the worst.

And they have had to endure that for an entire year.

MOO

The Race to Recover America's Missing Children Features Trenton Duckett
http://www.gathergate.com/Dossier/article.php?Article=851

http://www.helpfindtrenton.com/events.htm

Trenton has been assigned to Team #81. You can find more info by clicking on the "Race to Recover Missing Children" http://fireballrun.com/

Trenton Duckett Charity Football Game - All proceed will go to the Trenton Duckett Family! Daytona Beach Viking Vs Orlando Rage December 22, 2007 at 1pm at The Sleepy Hollow Sport Complex 2775 Hollow Lane, Leesburg, FL 34748. For more information please contact Garnel Rackley At 352-504-5895.
http://hog957.com/pages_text/CharityEvents.html
http://www.102jamzorlando.com/pages/117455.php

this case disgusts me!have you seen the interview with(what ever the hell her name is)All she say's to melinda is do you and melinda cut's in and say's "no i didn't.If that's not a guilty conscience i don't know what is!

Is there anywhere you can actually watch the interview with nancy?Not the one in the park.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back