GUILTY FL - Tricia Todd, 30, Hobe Sound, 27 April 2016 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been said where she was stationed while in the ?Air Force?, I think it was? Where did she go to nursing school?

She never mentioned where she was stationed when she was active military, though I would guess that there is an attempt (?) to keep enlisted spouses together. She went to nursing school in North Carolina.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/missing-woman-trica-todds-mother-to-speak-tuesday

"The Sheriff's Office says it has received calls from as far away as California, Virginia and Tennessee of possible sightings of Tricia Todd."

Replying to my own post to ask a question.

How valid do you think LE believes these possible sightings are? They have said they are following any lead, but I haven't seen anything about looking out of state. If they thought these sightings could be valid, why use cadaver dogs for searching?

So LE says there's no evidence of a crime but they believe she was abducted or voluntarily missing? Wouldn't abduction qualify as a crime? Who do they think may have abducted her? A random stranger?
(Just talking out loud here.)

I, too, wish they would have expanded on the statement about the sightings in other states? How credible are they? What are they doing to follow up on these tips?

After spending more time reading her journal, I wonder if she would ever do something like this for attention. Maybe she initially disappeared to see how people would react but took it too far and is now she's too scared to go back? And at first I didn't think this could be suicide but I'm not so sure anymore... her last post does kind of read like a goodbye letter. I just don't know what to think about this case.

So LE says there's no evidence of a crime but they believe she was abducted or voluntarily missing? Wouldn't abduction qualify as a crime? Who do they think may have abducted her? A random stranger?
(Just talking out loud here.)

I, too, wish they would have expanded on the statement about the sightings in other states? How credible are they? What are they doing to follow up on these tips?

After spending more time reading her journal, I wonder if she would ever do something like this for attention. Maybe she initially disappeared to see how people would react but took it too far and is now she's too scared to go back? And at first I didn't think this could be suicide but I'm not so sure anymore... her last post does kind of read like a goodbye letter. I just don't know what to think about this case.

The said there is no forensic evidence of an abduction, but circumstantial evidence. I assumed this meant the odd parking job, and the missing wallet and phone.

I am very torn on this case. It is almost impossible to eliminate *any* possibility.

I just watched the presser. The (I guess) lead detective in Tricia's case is Lt. Mike Doughtery. Someone in the audience asked him if he had ever worked a case such as Tricia's that had as many twists and turns, he referenced that he had worked on Andrea Parsons' case many years ago.

Someone brought up Tricia's cell phone and did they know if the phone was off versus smashed somewhere. He replied that we are "treading into a difficult area." The phone is off. Does not receive power. They have used every local state, federal and resource available in finding Tricia.

So, going to look up Andrea Parsons' case. Her Charley Project page is here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/parsons_andrea.html

I just watched the presser. The (I guess) lead detective in Tricia's case is Lt. Mike Doughtery. Someone in the audience asked him if he had ever worked a case such as Tricia's that had as many twists and turns, he referenced that he had worked on Andrea Parsons' case many years ago.

Someone brought up Tricia's cell phone and did they know if the phone was off versus smashed somewhere. He replied that we are "treading into a difficult area." The phone is off. Does not receive power. They have used every local state, federal and resource available in finding Tricia.

So, going to look up Andrea Parsons' case. Her Charley Project page is here: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/parsons_andrea.html

An interesting note about the phone - it went "off" between 1:00am and 1:30am on the day she was at her ex husband's place, but she was seen leaving there at 2:00am, and he was getting gas during the time her phone went silent.

I wonder what the "treading into a difficult area" means?

An interesting note about the phone - it went "off" between 1:00am and 1:30am on the day she was at her ex husband's place, but she was seen leaving there at 2:00am, and he was getting gas during the time her phone went silent.

Oh, I didn't know that about the timing that the phone was last "on" ... good info.

Am I right that the last sighting at 2:00 am was by the ex-husband, meaning no one else saw her leave his place or saw her after the Publix and ER stops?

Oh, I didn't know that about the timing that the phone was last "on" ... good info.

Am I right that the last sighting at 2:00 am was by the ex-husband, meaning no one else saw her leave his place or saw her after the Publix and ER stops?

I believe the last sighting was actually of her vehicle leaving the neighborhood by a neighbor who could not see who was driving the vehicle.

I thought that he was the only source of the information, but I read an article yesterday that said a neighbor saw her leave at 2:00am. Prior to that, she was seen on camera at Publix at 9:40pm. Her car has been seen in various security camera footage, but afaik, there is no time or location information available on that.

Thank you for the article with the timeline information!

Tuesday, May 2, 2016

8:30 p.m. Tricia and ex-husband travel to the hospital to get medicine for their daughter.

9:40 p.m. Tricia was seen leaving the Publix.

(this next part is confusing to me regarding who called whom, article states she called, but next sentence says he called ??)

Around midnight she called back to the B&B.

"He called her close to midnight saying the baby was not feeling well, so she went back to the (bed and breakfast)," said Sgt. Yesensia Carde. "She was there and she left at approximately 2 a.m. and that was the last time she was seen or heard from."

Wednesday, May 3, 2016

1:30 a.m. Todd's cell phone stopped sending a signal. Her credit cards and cells (typo ?) phone have not been used since.

"Her social media site would lead one surmise she was having some kind of emotional angst within herself," Sheriff Snyder said.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/search-for-tricia-todd-digs-into-troubled-past

Perhaps to get the person responsible to drop his/her guard by insinuating they think she may still be alive/left voluntarily?

Question: I wonder if SW tried to reach her when she didn't show up? If someone had tried to call or text her, the phone would have pinged. Is it suspicious to anyone else that the last time her phone pinged was while she was at SW's place? Wouldn't it have pinged off towers on her way home (if she, indeed, drove herself home)?

Did her brother not come home that night? If he had, one would think he would have been the first to report her missing...

Perhaps to get the person responsible to drop his/her guard by insinuating they think she may still be alive/left voluntarily?

Question: I wonder if SW tried to reach her when she didn't show up? If someone had tried to call or text her, the phone would have pinged. Is it suspicious to anyone else that the last time her phone pinged was while she was at SW's place? Wouldn't it have pinged off towers on her way home (if she, indeed, drove herself home)?

Did her brother not come home that night? If he had, one would think he would have been the first to report her missing...

They said the phone was "off" between 1:00am and 1:30am, though I don't know how they could tell that. A cellphone can only ping if it is turned on, as far as I know.

I didn't understand about the brother, either. From various articles, SW took F to her babysitter late in the day, and informed TT's family that she hadn't shown up that morning. They then contacted LE. Why didn't her brother know before that, if her car was parked next door to his house the whole time? Didn't anyone wonder about the left-out chicken on the counter?

Has anyone reported actually seeing HER after she went back to SW's...or just her car?

If a stranger took her, why would he/she have taken her phone & her wallet?

If a stranger meant to rob her by taking her to an atm, etc it would show on her bank account. Would explain the wallet being gone, but not the phone.

If TT left on her own, there would be activity on her accounts by now...and probably her phone as well (since, in this scenario, she specifically took it with her.

By the rule of elimination, it would seem the most logical that the person who took her had/has the phone. The wallet may have been taken to stage a robbery-like crime scene.

Someone would have to be funding her if she is still alive. Unfortunately, I believe she has probably passed. I also believe she was taken or passed *before* her car arrived, parked at the wrong residence.

He killed all her pets 7 years ago but they married or stayed married and had a child? Is this fact or rumor? Has the ex-husband been named a POI?
As others have said, read the entry linked earlier about her pets. I don't think he killed them.

LE have said exH passed a poly and has been extensively interviewed by them and he's clear.

JMO IMO but I think Tricia voluntarily disappeared and has either met misfortune along the way or is not ready, for whatever reason, to reappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxmia2020