GUILTY FL - Tricia Todd, 30, Hobe Sound, 27 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavader dogs used in search of Hobe Sound mother

MARTIN COUNTY, Fla. - The Martin County Sheriff's Office got an early start Wednesday in the search for missing Hobe Sound mom, Tricia Todd.

Mid-morning Wednesday deputies set out with K-9s to search for Todd.

A crew of at least half a dozen left the sheriff's office to search an area near the Hungryland Wildlife and Environmental Area, which is near Pratt Whitney and Indiantown roads.

(Video at link)

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-mar...-used-in-search-for-missing-hobe-sound-mother

Heather Holden with Deemi Search and Rescue Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/DEEMI-Search-and-Rescue-106644203188/

Interesting. I wonder why they would search with cadaver dogs, as opposed to SAR dogs?

Maybe those are the only dogs available to them?

At first I thought this was a probable suicide, but with all the information that has come to light in the last 24 hours or so, I'm going to completely amend that idea.

Filling up with gas, washing the car, prior domestic problems, animosity and resentment between the ex's, late night running around, abused animals, the car being parked in an unusual fashion and place.

There's a picture starting to form, and it isn't a pretty picture.

<modsnip> I found the post she made at 11:37pm on the 26th odd. I found a lot of her journal odd but who am I to say what is odd when it comes to ones relationship with God.

It bothers me if you read the post how she says believes God has separated them intentionally and then it further says, "You've wondered why I've lived this way.. and why I had to suddenly obey"

Just by reading her journal, I feel as if she left on her own. I feel as if God told her to leave, or at least that will be what she believes. It's odd that she has put Ed Sheeran's song photograph on her page and the lyrics, "wait for me to come home" over and over.

I actually kind of hope this is what happened and they find her. I hope nothing has happened to her.

Also, I know someone on here said that they thought maybe she was a JW, in the comments section on one of her postings, someone asked her what denomination she was and she told them she had no denomination.

ALL MOO

BBM

As I said before, the religion seems to be a bit much and tends to skew delusional in my opinion. Her writing lacks focus and seems pretty all over the place. This makes me think of a possibility of a mental deterioration but everything else seems to point to the EXH so much

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-mar...-used-in-search-for-missing-hobe-sound-mother

(snipped part)
On Wednesday, deputies searched for unusual smells and evidence, using cadaver dogs. They said they focused on eliminating possible areas of concern. Places like the Hungryland Preserve, near Bridge Road and 138th, in neighborhood ponds, and off Federal Highway near Jonathan Dickinson State park.

"These are our most rural areas if somebody was going to hide something, it would be in this route," said Martin County Sheriff's deputy Matthew Fritchie. "These are pretty easy to drive. They are off beaten paths where you can walk and be in heavily wooded areas."

(so that's an explanation on why they searched the areas they did.)

Are these lyrics or are these her words??

"You warned me about her. I'm glad you did... but I'm still terrified by her words.. she claimed they were his.. and some of them were.. but perhaps not the threat at the end"

http://auroradreams23.livejournal.com/

I googled "you warned me about her. Im glad you did" to see if they were lyrics to a song etc & nothing came up so i am assuming they are her own words.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That seems unlikely.

Actually it is very likely. Most search and rescue dogs are privately owed through volunteer search and rescue teams. Most police departments do not have the budget for search and rescue dogs. Not sure about this particular department but it is very likely they are volunteer SAR.

(snipped part)
On Wednesday, deputies searched for unusual smells and evidence, using cadaver dogs. They said they focused on eliminating possible areas of concern. Places like the Hungryland Preserve, near Bridge Road and 138th, in neighborhood ponds, and off Federal Highway near Jonathan Dickinson State park.

"These are our most rural areas if somebody was going to hide something, it would be in this route," said Martin County Sheriff's deputy Matthew Fritchie. "These are pretty easy to drive. They are off beaten paths where you can walk and be in heavily wooded areas."

(so that's an explanation on why they searched the areas they did.)

Seems a bit random though, right? I'm not looking at a map, but just searching some spots because they seem like good places to hide doesn't make a lot of sense.

Does anyone have any actual proof of the ex abusing animals? Charges filed? Conviction? Or is just because she wrote it in her own journal then it must be true type-of-deal?

Also, there was a previous domestic abuse situation between the 2 with no charges filed....Do we know if it was him towards her or the other way around?

I don't like the car washing and getting gas thing either. If she isn't voluntarily missing or dead from suicide, I think the perp put her car in the wrong driveway (thinking it was the brother's driveway).

Side note: If I had a nickel for every time someone said "She seemed to love her children so much...Look at her FB pics! She would never kill herself!", I would be rich. It happens. Mothers kill themselves. Mother's kill their children. Those are facts.

I still see a mental illness of some kind with those ramblings on her blog.

I truly hope she is off somewhere voluntarily and will resurface shortly. Unfortunately, I don't think that's the case here.

I don't know. She is a beautiful redhead! I think her posts could point to a woman being involved with this disappearance IMO.

I live in South Florida - Palm Beach County area - so, of course, I've been following Tricia's case. I don't think I have enough info to give a solid opinion on what I think happened. What I will say is ..after reading her August 29, 2009 live journal entry....it made my heart ache for her....it literally made me cry....This ex of hers did not kill just a pet or two of hers....he killed many...dogs, cats, kittens...many. It made me sad and sick to my stomach to read. I cannot imagine going through something like that. For Tricia to start cleaning up the blood from her kitten, that her ex beat with a crutch while crying her eyes out ..as her Ex watched her coldly ...made me want to throw up.
Of course, after first learning about her disappearance and where her ex was at the time, etc I thought he could absolutely be involved. ...I'm very unsure now but after reading.,..for myself...her August entry....it, imo, takes a very, very sick, evil, perhaps mentally unstable person to kill a loved ones pet(s) or anyone's pets for that matter...or any animal for that matter....
I'm very worried for Tricia. I don't know her personally though after reading most of her live journal I am of the opinion that she deserved far better than that Ex of hers and I pray and pray and pray that he did not hurt her ...but as more comes to light...I will not be surprised in the least.
**praying for you Tricia and your family and all of the searches/volunteers/LE on this case** :rose: :rose:

A few things stood out for me on her fb page. 1. Writing "I love death." She does work in hospice and I am sure religion plays a factor but it still sat strangely with me. 2. When communicating with a friend she did say that after April, she has plenty of time in the month of May. This was in relation to her making plans to see her friend.
I also noticed that recently her Dad replied that they are hoping maybe there is some explanation related to her leaving due to stress. Dad was answering a posters question of if this could be simply a case of someone being stressed out etc. It is not that I find what Dad said strange but I would like to think that she is safe somewhere.
This is my first posting as a new member here so if it was improper to slightly quote what I read on fb you may delete.

Actually it is very likely. Most search and rescue dogs are privately owed through volunteer search and rescue teams. Most police departments do not have the budget for search and rescue dogs. Not sure about this particular department but it is very likely they are volunteer SAR.

That is true but I know for a fact that some nearby police organizations have SAR dogs. Two not very far are PBSO & WPB police dept. I do not know if they have been called in to assist though.

with all the new evidence being reported, I am thinking that she probably went with a guy to the b&b in Stuart, was hanging out with him while blogging, then they took off in the am to wherever they planned to go.

Hi coffeehouse,
are you local to, or familiar with this case? You just joined websleuths recently and only post here, and some of your posts seem like you may be local or familiar. Just wondering!

It seems she has complex relationships with men that are not necessarily the best influence in her life. Is Steven her second husband? If so, Lyle is her first husband?
It does seem she could have just taken off if not for the fact she has a daughter!! Very curious to see how this case is resolved.

If I had relationships that were that chaotic, I think I would opt to live alone at the top of a mountain for the rest of my life..........................

Seems like one train wreck after another, all held together by a bunch of delusional reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3