GUILTY FL - Tricia Todd, 30, Hobe Sound, 27 April 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome. Can you shed any light on state of mind? None of the media is mentioning mental illness or anything of that nature, and that it's just completely out of character...but from reading her journal and all of the chaos that was always going on in her life, it sounds to me like she was more like someone who might be going on and off her psych meds, or untreated altogether. Were there any signs at work that something like this may be the case?

She referred to a history of mental and physical illness in herself, and a history of bipolar in her family. She believed she had been healed by god, and did not believe in taking medicine for mental illness. She believed that mental illness is caused by the devil, or by a weakness of spirit. I would say that any lingering mental health issues she had were definitely left untreated by medication.

What happened with the "hit" by the dogs behind police officer's house?? Was that simply a rumor? Anyone know??

No one said anything else about the hit from the dog on the page

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

There are some strange things happening on the missing site I think they may have found her a lady mentioned that her dog alerted yesterday at a wooded place she searched that comment has since been removed then another lady asked if they needed more flyers and one admin said for this weekend and then another admin replied to the first admin please message me privately instead of answering the girl that asked about printing flyers yes or no I have a screen shot but I think that's agent the rules but I'm positive that post will be gone in a little if u hurry u might see it

Quote 267 on this thread. Is this you?

She referred to a history of mental and physical illness in herself, and a history of bipolar in her family. She believed she had been healed by god, and did not believe in taking medicine for mental illness. She believed that mental illness is caused by the devil, or by a weakness of spirit. I would say that any lingering mental health issues she had were definitely left untreated by medication.
Can you link to posts that reference bipolar disorder in her family?

I wonder if she had been sleeping well lately. Lack of sleep for several days often coincides with manic episodes and precipitates psychosis. We know she was up late on the night she disappeared, I wonder if she slept much in the days prior...

Thank you for posting this. Could you please provide a link to the entry(ies) where she talks about it? What you stated describes exactly the type of belief I was afraid Tricia had: That her faith in God is all-powerful and that it is going to heal whatever comes her way. This is only my personal opinion, but I think that kind of thinking is very dangerous, especially in reference to one's health, and those suffering from serious mental illness can be especially vulnerable to it. For example, it is not uncommon for someone suffering from auditory hallucinations to claim that he/she has a special relationship with God because God speaks to him/her directly. Currently, there is no cure for mental illness; it is something that must be managed with medication and/or therapy on an ongoing basis. It is not something that can be "healed," unfortunately, as of today. Having a strong faith can be tremendously helpful in dealing with a serious illness, but that alone does not cure those suffering, and this type of thinking can be downright lethal.

I am sort this is somewhat off-topic, and again, this is all my opinion only. And, even if Tricia was suffering from mental illness (of which there is no concrete proof), that does not mean that she couldn't have met with foul play, either. Yes, it could have been purely coincidental, but the "gas can thing" is so weird.

Have been embedded in following this case since the beginning. Have read her LJ from beginning to end. Have been following here & everywhere I can find more info.

The burning question for me remains the same: Where is SW?

I am from a large military family & I know he would be able to get emergency leave for this situation. Even if they weren't amicable at the time, this is a man who has loved her since high school. She is the mother of his small child. According to her, he is a Christian man.

If he's completely innocent, *why* is he absent & silent? Wonder if he's lawyered up...

Have been embedded in following this case since the beginning. Have read her LJ from beginning to end. Have been following here & everywhere I can find more info.

The burning question for me remains the same: Where is SW?

I am from a large military family & I know he would be able to get emergency leave for this situation. Even if they weren't amicable at the time, this is a man who has loved her since high school. She is the mother of his small child. According to her, he is a Christian man.

If he's completely innocent, *why* is he absent & silent? Wonder if he's lawyered up...

Keep in mind that even if he is innocent he has to think about the military code of conduct/justice and well as LE. Not sure if that is correct terminology, but I have seen other suspects get convicted through the military when civilian courts failed.

Must have been a false hit because they are still expanding the search, which costs money and other resources.
I'm not sure they never went in to detail about it and I never heard anything again

Do we know what is in Tequesta that would bring the search there?

I think her father lives that way

They have to have some ki d of reason because the police had scaled back the search only to now widen it hmmmm

I don't understand what you are trying to say. Could you elaborate a bit?

I suppose I'm wondering why he isn't speaking to the press, asking for her return, etc. He can do that from anywhere.

Do we know what is in Tequesta that would bring the search there?
They searched the entirety of Jonathan Dickinson State Park, which would bring them down into the Tequesta area.

Did I read somewhere that the ex brought their daughter to Busch Wildlife the day Tricia went missing? Busch Wildlife is just south of Tequesta in Jupiter. So is the Walmart he probably went to, if he was down in that area.

Can you link to posts that reference bipolar disorder in her family?

I wonder if she had been sleeping well lately. Lack of sleep for several days often coincides with manic episodes and precipitates psychosis. We know she was up late on the night she disappeared, I wonder if she slept much in the days prior...

I will try to find it. If I recall correctly, it was in the 2010 region of her LJ. I will look for it now, and add the link.

Her recent journal entries really worry me. My mother has bipolar disorder and I've read numerous memoirs about it---in an effort to better understand the disorder from my mom's perspective. And the fact that she is anti-medication and believes that God has healed her is troublesome. My mother is religious (although, not quite to the extent that Tricia appears to be) but she knows taking medication and seeking help from medical professionals does NOT mean that she doesn't also trust in God to get her through. YKWIM?

Religious and/or fantastical thinking is a hallmark symptom of mania or psychosis (delusions of grandeur). They often believe they have a special hidden talent or that they are able to receive special messages or insights from a higher being that no one else can understand.

(For example, my mom once came into my bedroom in the middle of the night and turned on my TV to a channel with static. She wouldn't let me turn it off or change the channel because "God was about to give us an important message thru the TV and it was our job to share the message with the rest of the world". She was admitted to the hospital the following day.)

But the posts Tricia made just before her disappearance sound like she may have been experiencing delusions of grandeur. She talks about "suddenly having to obey" and knowing that her brother will be "a youth pastor when he gets saved." But the post that concerned me the most was the one she posted at 10:40 pm. "3's. Completion... God speaks in 3's." She then goes on to say that God took her to Haiti on Mother's Day for her first trip, that she was pregnant when she took her second trip, and that Mother's Day is coming again.

On April 14, her thoughts are really disjointed. She talks about being a body part of God---the heart. She talks about vulnerability and then about God being her neurotransmitter when she gets off rhythm. On February 29, she talks about deleting zodiac charts and comparing herself to Lot's wife (meaning she hesitated to do so or felt tempted to look back at them but reminded herself that Lot's wife was turned into a pillar of salt when she disobeyed the angels' warning to flee the city by looking back).

The thing about bipolar disorder is that (as impossible as it sounds) people are able to hide their symptoms from others. This has always amazed and baffled me. My mom could be so far detached from reality during every other minute of the day but act like the sanest person in the world in front of her doctor. There are times when I've had to fax her doctor and say... "I know she seems to be doing well at her appointments but this is the behavior we've noticed at home over the past few days." My mom is also able to mask her psychosis in public. So, in my opinion, just because no one has noticed strange behavior from Tricia recently doesn't necessarily mean she is mentally well. Parking in the neighbors driveway and leaving her keys in the ignition are further indicators that she may be suffering from a bipolar episode. When thoughts speed up and become disorganized, they often become scatterbrained and forgetful.

I strongly feel like she may be suffering from a manic episode but what would that mean for her current whereabouts? It could be any number of things. She may have wandered off after exiting her car... she may have gone for a walk to ruminate over her speeding thoughts and then something bad happened? She may have gone off on a "mission from God" to do God knows what and with God knows who. But... it worries me. I hope they find her soon.

(Bipolar patients don't typically commit suicide during a manic episode---usually only during a depressed or mixed episode. So I don't think she decided to end her life at this point. But I think whatever she may be doing is likely risky and could easily lead to trouble.)

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member