GUILTY FL - Tricia Todd, 30, Hobe Sound, 27 April 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Assistant DA said he will put the man who did this on a slow bus to death.....

I thought he was saying that if he had the opportunity to apply their current knowledge to the deal, he would have put him on a slow bus to death via going after the death penalty. As in, if he could redo things under optimum circumstances. I also thought he said that they no longer had the option to change the charge, but that the existing plea could switch to life instead of 35 years if it was determined by a judge that SW did not uphold the terms. I was watching this on my phone while my child circled around me in a store, though, so errors of understanding are entirely possible!

I originally thought perhaps the liquid in the container was gasoline since it can burn the skin - I imagine it could do a lot of damage if left soaking in it. But now it seems perhaps the gas he bought was for the chainsaw.

Ohhh, I didn't think about that connection between the gas container and the chainsaw. I was talking to my mother about your idea and she mentioned that a lot of gas chainsaws take a mixture of gas and oil. If you look at the owner's manual for a gas chain saw I found on Sears (http://i.sears.com/s/d/pdf/mp-tc/10106763/prod_1671778212) on page 11, it mentions the need to mix parts of unleaded fuel with a specific type of oil, which I think is done in a separate container. I wonder if there is any record of him purchasing or having access to the oil, if indeed it was a gas-powered chain saw.

Is it known if he ONLY got gas in a gas can? Also, I know they drained Tricia's tank to verify that she only had a small amount of gas in it. Did they verify that it matched the capacity of a gas container?

And one more thought ... the neighbor saw him leave to get gas AND leave in Tricia's car, right? Did he go sit outside after SW apparently brought Tricia's body to the car? We haven't heard any mention of whether or not he was outside to see Tricia arrive. I'm just wondering if he saw anything else that hasn't been disclosed.

Published on May 27, 2016
The state attorney said Friday that Steven Williams has been attempting to manipulate law enforcement and attorneys with lies the entire time and has shown no remorse.
Press conference excerpts -
0:15 "2[SUP]nd[/SUP] degree murder case"

1:03 "If Mr Williams breaks the terms of that plea agreement, we specifically incorporated into that plea agreement the understanding that he is subject up to life in prison; there will be no withdrawal of the plea."

1:22 "An addendum to the plea offer was that if he should elect to withdraw his plea, or challenge his sentence and judgment on direct appeal, this case will come back and we will have the benefit of utilizing the evidence we’ve discovered out here; and I will put this man on a slow bus to death row."

Brief 4:13 excerpt of 5/27/16 11:30 AM press conference - Assistant State Attorney Tom Bakkedahl:
[video=youtube;d9b0QrA9s_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9b0QrA9s_Y[/video]

Thank you, Pixie Dust! I knew we had the Sunshine Law here, but I never knew any history about it. Interesting!

I think he had been preparing for this right when he got back in town. He already had the spot picked out and the holes dug. And he already purchased acid and the containers.. JMO but I believe that is the only way he could have accomplished this.

I completely agree and stated this a few pages back. There's no doubt in my mind this was premeditated and chances are the mental planning of this began before he even arrived in Florida. I too also believe plots were dug and items were purchased not too long after arriving in Florida yet well prepared before killing her. Again, SW grew up in this area. It's not a tricky area to begin with but there's a whole lot of isolated areas like preserves, state parks, heavily brushed, swampy/marshy wetlands etc that unfortunately make for ideal place to bury something you never want found.
When I drove to this exact location last night where her possible partial remains are I thought to myself, "He had to tell them this location. There's no way she would've ever been found here. NO WAY."

4/25
check in at b&b
4/26
2130 - ER visit
2230 - Publix visit
2330 - last post made to journal <modsnip>
4/27
0000 - Per SW, he sent TT a text to come to the b&b. (But was she already there and now dead?) is there video of her arriving at the b&b?
0110 - Video of TT car leaving b&b. Neighbor confirms. Per SW TT body is in back seat. He planned to take her to her home. Video supports this, but returned to b&b instead.
0123 - TT cell phone connection terminated. Video of TT car making U turn near her home.
0129 - Video of TT car returning to b&b. Neighbor confirms return.
0142 - Neighbor says SW asked for a gas can.
0148 - SW moves TT car to get his and leaves in his car to get gas. Video of him at gas station. He returns back at b&b.
0204 - Video of TT car leaving b&b second time. Neighbor confirms. TT body still in car.
0215 - Neighbor retreats inside for the night.
time? SW returns TT car to her residence with keys still in ignition parking it in an odd spot.
0441 - Video of SW walking north away from TT home. 3.6 mile distance.

any theories on how he pulled this off? He does appear strong and I have seen holes dug quite fast. But that's still a lot of legwork to happen in such a small window. I saw in an article (or maybe it was the arrest affidavit) that his stay at the b&b was from 4/25-27. So he had a portion of the 25 and most of the day on 26. Do we know when he first had F in his custody that day? Can anyone add to the timeline?

And where is the blood evidence?!?!? He cuts her up with a chainsaw but we hear that there was only strong circumstantial evidence. How is that even possible?

Ive been thinking .... He told them where to find her , did he think the acid has dissolved the remains past discovery of The chainsaw use and ID?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And where is the blood evidence?!?!? He cuts her up with a chainsaw but we hear that there was only strong circumstantial evidence. How is that even possible?

They implied that he most likely used the chainsaw at the place where he disposed of her :( They mentioned she may have been strangled in the AirB&B and the rest of the crime done where she is at now.

I think he had been preparing for this right when he got back in town. He already had the spot picked out and the holes dug. And he already purchased acid and the containers.. JMO but I believe that is the only way he could have accomplished this.

I thought he was saying that if he had the opportunity to apply their current knowledge to the deal, he would have put him on a slow bus to death via going after the death penalty. As in, if he could redo things under optimum circumstances. I also thought he said that they no longer had the option to change the charge, but that the existing plea could switch to life instead of 35 years if it was determined by a judge that SW did not uphold the terms. I was watching this on my phone while my child circled around me in a store, though, so errors of understanding are entirely possible!

Ohhh, I didn't think about that connection between the gas container and the chainsaw. I was talking to my mother about your idea and she mentioned that a lot of gas chainsaws take a mixture of gas and oil. If you look at the owner's manual for a gas chain saw I found on Sears (http://i.sears.com/s/d/pdf/mp-tc/10106763/prod_1671778212) on page 11, it mentions the need to mix parts of unleaded fuel with a specific type of oil, which I think is done in a separate container. I wonder if there is any record of him purchasing or having access to the oil, if indeed it was a gas-powered chain saw.

Is it known if he ONLY got gas in a gas can? Also, I know they drained Tricia's tank to verify that she only had a small amount of gas in it. Did they verify that it matched the capacity of a gas container?

And one more thought ... the neighbor saw him leave to get gas AND leave in Tricia's car, right? Did he go sit outside after SW apparently brought Tricia's body to the car? We haven't heard any mention of whether or not he was outside to see Tricia arrive. I'm just wondering if he saw anything else that hasn't been disclosed.

I was thinking exact same thing because according to arrest affidavit it seems as though that neighbor was def alert and aware of SW's coming and goings for a decent amount of time that night, right?

I have two different types of chainsaws at my house, gas operated and electric. The electric one runs off a standard household extension cord and makes very little noise when operating. I would liken the noise to about the same was an electric drill would make. It will cut just as good as a gas operated chainsaw, it just has a little less power.

A gasoline chainsaw is loud and heavy, and you mix a combination of gasoline and 50:1 oil together to power the saw. When the oil and gas is mixed together, it is normally a green color so you don't confuse it with regular gasoline. A gasoline chainsaw could obviously be used just about anywhere you could start it up, whereas an electric chainsaw would need an electrical power source.

A gasoline chainsaw is noisy to operate and tends to draw attention. You could use an electric chainsaw inside the bathroom of your home, and none of your neighbors would know the difference.

Judging by what we've read so far, my guess would be that he did this under a more controlled environment since containers and acid apparently were utilized. Trying to do all of that out in the dark under the illumination of headlights, and with the noise of the chainsaw, seems rather unrealistic...although it would be possible if the area was isolated enough. The interior of his vehicle would have looked like a horror chamber though if he had tried to do all of this out in the boonies without the luxury of having water and towels to clean himself up afterwards.

I guess it all depends on if he shed his bloody clothes and somehow managed to get cleaned up a bit before he drove back into town. If the ongoing theory is accurate though, he may have put all of this stuff out there in the country well ahead of killing her, so everything he needed was already there when he pulled up in the dark.

Ive been thinking .... He told them where to find her , did he think the acid has dissolved the remains past discovery of The chainsaw use and ID?

I think he probably only told to save his own pathetic life. Even with acid, an ME can tell if a chainsaw was used. He knew what they would find.

I have two different types of chainsaws at my house, gas operated and electric. The electric one runs off a standard household extension cord and makes very little noise when operating. I would liken the noise to about the same was an electric drill would make. It will cut just as good as a gas operated chainsaw, it just has a little less power.

A gasoline chainsaw is loud and heavy, and you mix a combination of gasoline and 50:1 oil together to power the saw. When the oil and gas is mixed together, it is normally a green color so you don't confuse it with regular gasoline. A gasoline chainsaw could obviously be used just about anywhere you could start it up, whereas an electric chainsaw would need an electrical power source.

A gasoline chainsaw is noisy to operate and tends to draw attention. You could use an electric chainsaw inside the bathroom of your home, and none of your neighbors would know the difference.

Judging by what we've read so far, my guess would be that he did this under a more controlled environment since containers and acid apparently were utilized. Trying to do all of that out in the dark under the illumination of headlights, and with the noise of the chainsaw, seems rather unrealistic...although it would be possible if the area was isolated enough. The interior of his vehicle would have looked like a horror chamber though if he had tried to do all of this out in the boonies without the luxury of having water and towels to clean himself up afterwards.

What if he placed her body there that night, and then went back the next day, using the chainsaw, containers, and acid in the daylight?

What if he placed her body there that night, and then went back the next day, using the chainsaw, containers, and acid in the daylight?

Could well be, It would sure make seeing things easier, The chainsaw would have still made a huge amount of noise though, regardless of the time of day. It seems like a big risk to do something like that in broad daylight when just about any motorist or landowner could pull up and see what you were up to. There again, if it was isolated enough and he had prior knowledge of the location, it might be very doable.

Based on the mess something like this would make, it probably happened near where he burried her. And he had to have it prepared ahead. But do we know if they forensically examined the garage on the b&b property as well as the house? Or just the house?

IMO this would make a whole lot of sense. It also would be very convenient for him afterwards to head South on Pratt Whitney Rd. 5 miles, make left hand turn and drive 10 minutes further and arrive at Busch Wildlife Sanctuary with F....didn't he take her there the day after TT's "disappearance" murder??

I believe the sheriff said that he believes it was a bloodless murder (strangulation, etc) or that SW cleaned up VERY well. He also said there are many areas at the scene of the partial remains that contained blood.

He believes he's smarter than everyone else.

I guess it all depends on if he shed his bloody clothes and somehow managed to get cleaned up a bit before he drove back into town. If the ongoing theory is accurate though, he may have put all of this stuff out there in the country well ahead of killing her, so everything he needed was already there when he pulled up in the dark.

Thus, the large black backpack.

I think he probably only told to save his own pathetic life. Even with acid, an ME can tell if a chainsaw was used. He knew what they would find.

We arent yet pivvy to which body part was discovered. If it was her head, and he strangled her, the acid could have been an attempt to dissolve the marks & any facial evidence of strangulation (veins bulging, eye capillaries blown, etc). Sorry this has turned into a very graphic, horrific case...

I hope we get updates as additional body parts are discovered. Although it is a holiday weekend.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back