GUILTY FL - Two couples found slain, 4yo boy abducted, Hudson, 28 Aug 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
At the end of Linda’s statement grandpa starts talking.

Telling the court that his granddaughter can’t visit Tristan any longer because he doesn’t stop talking about it. He says he wishes he could have testified so the jury could see that he knows. He says Tristan wishes Adam is eaten by an alligator.

!!!!!!!!!
Grandfather walks toward Adam and crowd tells him noooo and steer him away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up next is someone from nicks family. I️ didn’t get his name. I️ think it’s nicks sisters husband. He is a deputy sheriff in Pasco County. He identified nicks body and bears the memory so his family does not have to.

Sorry. It is nicks sisters husband. He was dating her when nick died. I️ was distracted by the grandpa going for Adam.

So wait...wait!! Tristan actually witnessed the whole thing? The grandfather saying he wishes Tristan could have testified so the jury knows Tristan witnessed the killings?? What else could it mean? But then we heard from several witnesses who testified that Tristan appeared to be happy, appeared to be okay! I don't know what the grandfather is meaning! :thinking: Anyone?

So wait...wait!! Tristan actually witnessed the whole thing? The grandfather saying he wishes Tristan could have testified so the jury knows Tristan witnessed the killings?? What else could it mean? But then we heard from several witnesses who testified that Tristan appeared to be happy, appeared to be okay! I don't know what the grandfather is meaning! :thinking: Anyone?

Yes he says he talks about it. The grandfather said they didn’t have him testify because of his autism
They don’t know how testifying would have affected him.

[video=twitter;933079869163896832]https://twitter.com/LawCrimeNetwork/status/933079869163896832[/video]

#AdamMatos - Nicholas Leonard's brother-in-law now speaking.

Adam is speaking!!

He ends with I’m truly sorry. And someone yells “shut the **** up”

Oops the f word was not allowed. Sorry.

Judge is speaking to Adam. Tells him that on Maggie’s verdict they voted 11-1 to kill him. Telling him that ONE person spared his life.

She is telling him how selfish he is. She says he has no remorse. Saying sorry doesn’t make it so.

Your son will grow up with no mother no father no grandparents just as you did. Except you did that to him.

To say that Tristan is your whole world- I️ don’t believe that.

Hopefully you will never ever be let out of prison.

All sentences will run consecutive.

He’s gone. Looks like they stopped to fingerprint him??? Not sure.

Sound is still on. I’m sure they will make statements for the news. I️ don’t know that we can watch them live.

Yes he says he talks about it. The grandfather said they didn’t have him testify because of his autism
They don’t know how testifying would have affected him.

What.....I don't know, but a child as young as Tristan witnessing something like that would be absolutely terrifying--there's no way he'd appear calm and happy to other people--it's the witnesses who testified to seeing Tristan after the murders--this is not making sense. I believe if Tristan was told what happened by family, after the fact, he would say something like hoping his father is eaten by an alligator, but gosh, I'm finding it hard to believe he actually witnessed the killings. There'd have been alot of screaminggg, alottttt from a four year old child. Neighbours would have heard something. Wouldn't they? :thinking: Not only that, but the state would have brought that up, that Tristan was not locked in a room, that he saw his father kill everyone. That wasn't brought up, was it? :gaah: I need to go back and refresh my memory I think! :thinking:

To clear this up, just listening to LawNews. It was 10 for death & 2 for life, 11 for death & 1 for life for Maggie's death. So it was one holdout that saved him from death.

What.....I don't know, but a child as young as Tristan witnessing something like that would be absolutely terrifying--there's no way he'd appear calm and happy to other people--it's the witnesses who testified to seeing Tristan after the murders--this is not making sense. I believe if Tristan was told what happened by family, after the fact, he would say something like hoping his father is eaten by an alligator, but gosh, I'm finding it hard to believe he actually witnessed the killings. There'd have been alot of screaminggg, alottttt from a four year old child. Neighbours would have heard something. Wouldn't they? :thinking: Not only that, but the state would have brought that up, that Tristan was not locked in a room, that he saw his father kill everyone. That wasn't brought up, was it? :gaah: I need to go back and refresh my memory I think! :thinking:

Judge brought it up when she sentenced him. Something like no way he was sleeping at 6 pm.

Yes I️ agree he could be hearing what family members say and repeating it, but they quoted him as saying daddy made mommy a boo boo on her head or something like that. Also daddy took them away in the car. I️ think someone even said he said dead bodies- I️ can’t remember. I️ was crying so much when I️ was listening!!!

Edit- what I️ remember state saying is that they challenged Adam on Tristan not being in the room and witnessing it and Adam stumbled on his words saying that Megan telling Tristan to go in his room is “what she probably said”.

UT, sadly it sounds like Tristan knows what happened.

I️ can’t imagine what an emotional hard thanksgiving this one will be for these families. I️ would imagine they had planned to be together maybe not knowing when this would end.

I️ guess I️ mean it will be a relief that this part is over, but so close to the sentencing and seemingly not getting what they wanted (death). A lot of anger and emotions being brought back out today.

I’m not sure which timeline I️ believe. It makes much more sense that maggie was killed first and none of it happened at 6 pm. Either way it’s horrific.

Since he was sentenced, he will now be transported to prison

FYI- Stephen Duxbury was found guilty today and sentenced to two life sentences plus 15 years. I missed it, but it’s available on her thread.

Watch Judge Chew Out ‘Evil’ Convicted Quadruple Killer

On Tuesday, the judge in the Adam Matos case followed the jury’s recommendation, and handed down a verdict of life in prison without parole, but that didn’t mean she necessarily thought the killer deserved mercy.
“If there was ever a case that I’ve ever heard, that people would decided that death would be appropriate, this is probably it,” said Sixth Judicial Circuit Judge*Mary Handsel.

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...dge-chew-out-evil-convicted-quadruple-killer/

I wonder if we will hear from the jurors now that the trial is over. I would like to know the reason/s for why the two jurors voted Life for Counts 1, 2 and 3 and the sole juror who voted Life for Count 4. What were their reasons? Did they think perhaps AM was acting in self defense? Counts 1, 2 and 3, okay, I can live with that, but Count 4? That was NOT self defense, period. Maggie Brown was not threatening in any way, there can be no doubt either because AM himself testified she wasn't threatening in any way, shape or form. He was just paranoid and thought she was out to kill him. Did the juror let him off because of his paranoid state? I am really hoping we hear from them *the jurors*. :praying:

To clear this up, just listening to LawNews. It was 10 for death & 2 for life, 11 for death & 1 for life for Maggie's death. So it was one holdout that saved him from death.

This is going to be more common now that Florida changed it's laws on the DP.

Many of the worst of the worst from the past had at least 1 or 2 for life but they got death anyway because of the majority.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back