GUILTY FL - Vincent Collins & Savannah Sholter for starving disabled 2yo son, Hialeah, 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thoroughly enraged!!!! WHy can't people just take an abandonment charge and give the child up!!

www.wsvn.com

The above channel - 5 o'clock news. It seems the father was enlisted and is currently in the Coast Guard. The Coast Guard has issued a statement.

What got me was the last statement in this report: The parents did not mean to neglect this child. HUH? Say what?

Let's hope the Coast Guard dishcharge his stupid, ignorantsick, you know what.

I am very angry, as I am sure the rest of you are....

But reading her FB, made me think something recently went wrong... Most posts are fairly normal, not overly mean, angry, immature etc... she is active in supporting a foundation for the boys medical condition, she loves her family. (seems to be raised by g-parents..)

IDK, talks a lot about her own anxiety, more so recently than before.... I don't think she had anyone in her life to help, or support her, they lived away from what little family they had.. I think mentally she was going downhill... PPD?

Now, in NO WAY am I defending what she ( and him) did!!! ANd I pray that this baby makes it, sad that he was all alone :( They def deserve way more than just a neglect charge, but I am just not ready to call her evil yet....

( BTW this is so out of character for me, normally, I want vigilanty justice against parents like this! But for some reason, I am being a softy tonight...:waitasec: )

Moebius Syndrome

Moebius syndrome is a rare neurological disorder that is present at birth. It primarily affects the 6th and 7th cranial nerves, leaving those with the condition unable to move their faces (they can’t smile, frown, suck, grimace or blink their eyes) and unable to move their eyes laterally.

www.moebiussyndrome.com

That definitely explains the feeding tube. Poor little angel.

But reading her FB, made me think something recently went wrong... Most posts are fairly normal, not overly mean, angry, immature etc... she is active in supporting a foundation for the boys medical condition, she loves her family. (seems to be raised by g-parents..)

IDK, talks a lot about her own anxiety, more so recently than before.... I don't think she had anyone in her life to help, or support her, they lived away from what little family they had.. I think mentally she was going downhill... PPD?

Now, in NO WAY am I defending what she ( and him) did!!! ANd I pray that this baby makes it, sad that he was all alone :( They def deserve way more than just a neglect charge, but I am just not ready to call her evil yet....

( BTW this is so out of character for me, normally, I want vigilanty justice against parents like this! But for some reason, I am being a softy tonight...:waitasec: )

Perhaps. However, the father was there too. No PPD for him. What is his excuse for letting his child live like that?

Parents of kids found in filth denied custody

NORTHWEST MIAMI-DADE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A judge has denied the parents of two young boys found living in filth any contact with the children following a custody hearing Tuesday.

<modsnip>

Elijah will need to stay at the hospital at least another month, according to doctors

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/21003732508848/

MODNOTE: I snipped this article because it has a copyright notice as follows:
(Copyright 2011 by Sunbeam Television Corp. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Perhaps. However, the father was there too. No PPD for him. What is his excuse for letting his child live like that?

BBM - I think that was the point, he wasn't supposed to survive...

13 lbs and he'll be in the hospital for a month! Thank goodness the judge has issued a no contact order...

Irma Martinez was the only family acquaintance who appeared at the juvenile court, and she was not on the parents' side. "My reason for me being here is so that Elijah and Jeremiah do not go back to them-- ever."

Good for Irma - I wonder what the relationship is.

Good for Irma - I wonder what the relationship is.

I was just thinking that same thing. Whoever she is, however she knows them, good for her.

Here we go again. Same agency, different family! I'm so :furious: right about now I could just spit. Wonder if we'll get yet another Blue Ribbon Panel to "look into" this one.

THIS HAS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to god this child and his brother are given the oppurtunity to live a real life full of love and joy! My heart breaks for this special needs child, how is the world can a mother and father just move to another room to avoid seeing his health get worse and worse and then to leave him in a filthy room with a dead animal? What kind of people are they to do this to this innocent child?

Good point..... Maybe he is just evil.... :banghead:

It always bothers me to go these people's public profiles and see pictures/posts about them having a good time while their children were suffering. They obviously managed to take showers and put clean clothes on themselves from the pictures I've seen. There is no excuse in the world to let a baby lay there in his own waste with open sores!

I hope this sweet baby is getting the most tender comfort and care possible now. :(

Pictures of the Hialeah Motel Room Where a Toddler Was Found in His Own FilthBy Kyle Munzenrieder, Wed., Mar. 9 2011 @ 10:24AM

More details continue to emerge in the disturbing and sad case of 2-and-half-year-old Elijah Collins, the boy who was found not breathing in a motel room with feces, urine, a dead animal, and other filth. The boy's parents -- Vincent Collins, 25, and Savannah Sholter, 21 -- remain behind bars, charged with only a count of child neglect, but now images have been released of the hellish Hialeah motel room where they let their child live in near seclusion.

Pics at the link:

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2011/03/pictures_of_the_hialeah_motel.php

Judge Orders State Custody In Hialeah Abuse Case

MIAMI (CBS4) &#8211; A Miami-Dade Juvenile Court judge decided Tuesday that the children of a Hialeah couple arrested over the weekend for neglect should be temporarily put in a shelter.

Vincent Collins, 25, and Savannah Sholter, 21, were taken into custody Saturday evening and each charged with one count of child neglect; they&#8217;re being held on $7,500 bond.

During Tuesday&#8217;s hearing, Judge Maria Sampedro-Iglesia ordered that they should have no contact with either their one-year-old or two-year-old sons.

CBS4&#8217;s Peter D&#8217;Oench spoke to Irma Martinez, a woman who said she was a family friend and knew the parents for a year. She said after calling the DCF she wasn&#8217;t sure if any action was taken.

LOts more here:
http://miami.cbslocal.com/2011/03/08/judge-to-decide-temporary-custody-in-hialeah-abuse-case/

I wonder if there is a monetary aspect of this on top of everything else...
I'd be willing to bet my life they were receiving social security disability for the special needs child but obviously weren't using those funds to pay for this poor little guy's care.

There is a host of help out there for special needs kids including respite etc...
There is no excuse at all for how the little angel was treated.

That little angel all alone in the other room since Feb 15 until they found him! These "parents" totally disgust me! I'm sure they could have had all the help they needed if they had just sought and asked. Absolutely no excuse for this!!!!

I wonder if there is a monetary aspect of this on top of everything else...
I'd be willing to bet my life they were receiving social security disability for the special needs child but obviously weren't using those funds to pay for this poor little guy's care.

There is a host of help out there for special needs kids including respite etc...
There is no excuse at all for how the little angel was treated.

True, but if they were getting SSI they would have also been getting Medicaid for him. Also, if he dies, they don't get his SSI anymore.

I agree, there is no excuse.

True, but if they were getting SSI they would have also been getting Medicaid for him. Also, if he dies, they don't get his SSI anymore.

I agree, there is no excuse.

True.. but it won't stop unless someone finds out he's dead......
I've saw i think on here a case of parents getting thousands for their dead children long after they were gone... because no one checked up on them :(

Just jumping off your post here, mommy23. I'm not sure it was a ppd thing going on with this mom. The father holds equal responsibility but.. after reading mom's Facebook seems she had plenty of time for her farmville and other fb games. I also see a lot of posts about drinking, partying etc.

I share this a lot when it's brought up, but I had postpartum psychosis after the birth of my daughter. While each case of postpartum illness is unique to each sufferer, I just don't get the feeling mom suffered from a postpartum illness. Certainly not from anything I've read that she's put out there. Even at my most ill, my children were always fed, changed and taken care of. In fact, that's what makes the illness so pervasive. You want to be a good mother and caregiver. Something deep inside tells you you're not. I'm not sure I'm explaining this well, and I do apologize for any haziness.

I get the feeling this couple grew tired of the care this sweet child required and decided to no longer do so. Just mvho though.. I really don't feel like this is a pp illness issue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avah
Back