GUILTY FL - Voncile Smith, 77, & two sons brutally murdered, Pensacola, 28 July 2015 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had been wondering about the possibility of staging, especially if this was done by someone who knew them well and stood to profit off their deaths.

Crime of passion seems unlikely with a 77 year old mother and two middle aged sons who lived with their mother.

Robbery seems a likelier staging, unless the person who did this had a financial motive and thought s/he was being crafty by not taking any valuables from the home.

Who knows what goes on in peoples' heads? I was watching a true crime documentary earlier about a case in Virginia where a couple were murdered by their daughter's boyfriend, at the daughter's instigation. A grubby crime with a very grubby and commonplace motive, (money), but the bf tried to make the crime scene look like a satanic murder by smearing 666 in blood on the furniture.

Why did he do that rather than stage a burglary? Who knows, maybe he'd just watched too many horror films.

Who knows what goes on in peoples' heads? I was watching a true crime documentary earlier about a case in Virginia where a couple were murdered by their daughter's boyfriend, at the daughter's instigation. A grubby crime with a very grubby and commonplace motive, (money), but the bf tried to make the crime scene look like a satanic murder by smearing 666 in blood on the furniture.

Why did he do that rather than stage a burglary? Who knows, maybe he'd just watched too many horror films.
Exactly. :-( It's depressing how fast "the occult" gets dragged into certain murders. Seemingly normal, ordinary, mainstream humans are capable of incredible depravity, and they surely don't need occult inspiration for their deeds.

ETA: Then again, if it distracts moronic law enforcement.... And if it does, the problem there is law enforcement.

I read somewhere that robbery was discounted as a motive because a safe with cash was found in the house. The article did not say how much cash or where the safe was.
no word yet on poi.

I read somewhere that robbery was discounted as a motive because a safe with cash was found in the house. The article did not say how much cash or where the safe was.
Right. It could have been a hidden wall safe, or a very heavy standalone safe, and/or the perp just didn't have or couldn't get the combo. So that alone shouldn't be reason to dismiss robbery as a motive.

Then again, who has a gun, and uses it (once), yet also bludgeons and slits the throat of 3 people just to rob their modest suburban house? Anything's possible, but it seems unlikely.

I'd love to know more details about the crime scene, and the thoughts of profilers, too.

I think we can infer from the sheriffs comments(ritualistic murder) that these people where tortured.

It's doubtful that under torture that they would not tell where the money was if indeed the murderer(s) wanted money.
The two brothers were described as tall and potentially physically powerful.

Knife or knives, hammer or other blunt objects and a firearm
Coupled with the fact that three people were subdued leads me to believe there were more than one murderer.

Okay so I get why most would be upset on how this may shine a bad light on Wiccans. And how its unsettling that most might now think that's what Wiccans do.
But how can anyone say it didn't have anything to do with Wiccan? I've read all kinds of stories about people who kill cause Jesuse was telling them to and murdering for God. It happens in all types of religions.
Whos to say that some crazy delusional person with mental problems who is into wiccan didn't do this because in his crazy mind he thought he was honoring his wiccan believes? I mean I remember a case where a man slit a little boys throat because jesuse told him to. Of course that is not what Jesuse stands for but it doesn't mean the religion didn't play a part. People are crazy.

I think its intresting that only one person was shot. Makes me wonder more about if they tortured and murdered the others to try and maybe get him to talk about something? Maybe the code to the safe. Nothing worked so they just shot him. Or maybe shot him to get him out of the way. I think its intresting they where killed so differently.

Okay so I get why most would be upset on how this may shine a bad light on Wiccans. And how its unsettling that most might now think that's what Wiccans do.
But how can anyone say it didn't have anything to do with Wiccan? I've read all kinds of stories about people who kill cause Jesuse was telling them to and murdering for God. It happens in all types of religions.
Whos to say that some crazy delusional person with mental problems who is into wiccan didn't do this because in his crazy mind he thought he was honoring his wiccan believes? I mean I remember a case where a man slit a little boys throat because jesuse told him to. Of course that is not what Jesuse stands for but it doesn't mean the religion didn't play a part. People are crazy.

I think you're mistaken about what the rest of are saying. Nobody is saying that Wiccans never commit murder. That would be nonsense - people from all religions can commit murder, not to mention people from no religion at all. What we're annoyed about is the accusation of witchcraft itself as an a priori motive for murder.

Its not the 15th century, and sheriffs shouldn't be behaving like readers of Malleus Malificarum.

. Makes me wonder more about if they tortured and murdered the others to try and maybe get him to talk about something? Maybe the code to the safe. Nothing worked so they just shot him. Or maybe shot him to get him out of the way. I think its intresting they where killed so differently.

Yes,. I thought similar. Maybe the son who was shot was the physically most able one, and therefore killed straight away so the killer could do what he liked with the others.

I think we can infer from the sheriffs comments(ritualistic murder) that these people where tortured.
I think he said they believe 'witchcraft' was involved because of the weapons used (why?), the way the bodies were positioned (how?), plus the proximity to the blue moon (nonsense).

I haven't heard anything implying torture from LE, at least not yet. These poor victims were brutally murdered, but 'torture' implies something even beyond that, at least in my view.

Am I recalling correctly that LE named the cause of death as blunt force trauma? If so, does that mean the throats were slit postmortem? That might be meaningful to a profiler. Wish I knew more about it.

Coupled with the fact that three people were subdued leads me to believe there were more than one murderer.
That could be. Or maybe he enforced compliance at gunpoint.

Another possibility is that one victim was at home (I'm guessing that, at age 77, the mother was retired), then the two sons arrived home at different times, so he subdued them one by one. Or maybe there was an element of trust/surprise that made it easier for the perp. There was no forced entry and from the little I know so far, I suspect the perp knew the victims.

Depending on the angle of the gunshot wound, they may be able to determine the approximate height of the perp; the throat cutting could indicate right or left handed, etc. The crime scene probably contains a lot of info. I just hope LE is focusing on it thoroughly and objectively. So far, what they've said is concerning to me, though.

I think the sheriff's exact wording was, "he was a critical member of the department of homeland security." Richard Smith was in fact an expert in cyber security. The sheriff contacted the Feds and apparently was told his death was not connected to his job. How they knew this so soon after the deaths is beyond me...
You cannot sleuth the victims on websleuths and the poi that has been mentioned by le has not been named. So good luck figuring this one out.

Just throwing this out there because I had just looked at another case where a possible federal employee was found dead in weird circumstances recently.

Ever since the Hacking of the Federal Employees happened, I have been wondering if there will be some crimes or murders committed against some of them in retaliation. It may not have anything to do with this case but the fact the hackers got Federal Employees information means that it is possible they know who are FBI informants and also other critical workers who can take down large illegal operations.

So just throwing this out there as a possibility. The POI could have been setup by the real murderer to make it look like something it was not. Maybe the person they were really after was just the 1 federal worker and the others were executed as collateral damage.

Just a thought to consider.

In any case, this is a really bizarre and interesting story. I do feel sorry for the victims.

Oh one other thing. I think the 1 guy was shot because he was the only one the perp was afraid could defend himself. I think the reason the others were hit in head with hammer was to not alert neighbors with more gun noise. I think the throat slitting was nothing more to ensure they were dead after knocking them out with the hammer. So I dont think any religion is the reason these murders took place. But maybe wrong of course. It will be interesting as more info comes to light.

Then again, who has a gun, and uses it (once), yet also bludgeons and slits the throat of 3 people just to rob their modest suburban house?
snip

WITCHES THAT'S WHO!

Sorry, couldn't resist; trying to rid myself of that crick in the neck incurred when smh the minute authorities started in on the witchcraft kick.

Would like to know more about the crime scene though!

WITCHES THAT'S WHO!

Sorry, couldn't resist; trying to rid myself of that crick in the neck incurred when smh the minute authorities started in on the witchcraft kick.
Hahhah, yeah, that crick is lingering for me too, along with a sardonic scowl that's starting to feel permanent. I wonder if, when this goes to trial, we'll see spectral evidence being admitted. As Rev. Hale warned, "We cannot look to superstition in this. The Devil is precise."

Funerals Today for Victims of Ritualistic Murder in Pensacola: http://wkrg.com/2015/08/14/funerals-today-for-victims-of-ritualistic-murder-in-pensacola/

"On the Craver’s Funeral Home website, the obituaries for the Smiths don’t include any details about their lives, nor do they mention any surviving family members. News 5 is told Bonnie Smith has a third son — the older, adopted sibling of R.T. and John — who has been interviewed by police."

Hi, I'm new here and this case interests me because 1) I live in Florida and 2) I'm Wiccan & practicing Witchcraft for over 25 years now. It's odd how it seems they're being so stingy with information on this case and I'm very curious as to why.

I believe a Wiccan, Witch, Santerian, occult practitioner, etc. is capable of murder-- any religion can contain psychopaths. But the sheriff seemed to act as though the crime scene followed some kind of format that could be recognized, and that makes no sense to me. I can't even imagine how bodies would be killed or arranged in a ritual killing or what it would entail since it's not like we actually have some standard ritual for that kind of thing. Some kook would have to have made it up as he went along-- so how can what some kook's spontaneous creation follow some kind of model? Just calling a murder done by an occult practitioner a "Witchcraft ritual killing" makes about as much sense as calling Susan Smith drowning her babies to save them from the devil a "Christian ritual drowning." It would be a baseless presumption, of course... so it makes me wonder if the cops, killer, or both have just seen too many horror movies or browsed too many illuminati conspiracy websites or something.

I read in a conversation somewhere else that one of the sons was identified as having an influential job with the DHS... I would like to find out more about that but there seems to be scant info coming from official or reliable sources here.

I've also heard some rumors of there possibly being a connection to the dr. in Fl who was killed with a hammer a month earlier, and I have to admit when I first glanced at the headline of another person in FL being bludgeoned to death with a hammer I first wondered if there was a connection, but there seems to be very little tying them together. But considering the stunning lack of info on the Smith family's murder, who knows?

Wonder what they mean by ritualistic murder? Murder meant to frighten and torment someone, a slow death. If that ain't torture?

October 7th:
Still No Arrest in Pensacola Triple Murder

“Everybody is still up-tight cause we still don’t know what’s going on.” Willard Meeks has lived in this neighborhood for 20 years. “I have no idea what happened there. I wish I did so we could clear it up but there’s nothing I can do. In my mind I wish we could clear this up so we could be comfortable.”

We spoke to a lot of neighbors who didn’t want to appear on camera. They say slowly the neighborhood is starting to return to normal but there is still an uneasiness, a fear factor because there has not been an arrest.

http://wkrg.com/2015/10/07/still-no-arrest-in-pensacola-triple-murder/

See, no witchraft, just another homicidal maniac that probably didn't like his relative being an NSA worker. My guess is along with books on Wicca, he had several on aliens and conspiracy theories too. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WreakHavoc
Back