GUILTY FL - Voncile Smith, 77, & two sons brutally murdered, Pensacola, 28 July 2015 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Donald Hartung Trial Day 5 - Proffer of Witness Outside Jury Presence, Paul Larson - Religion Expert

Tuesday, January 28th:
*Trial continues (Day 6) (@9am ET) – FL – Voncile Smith (77), Richard Thomas Smith (49) & John William Smith (47) (July 28, 2015, Pensacola) - *Donald Wayne Hartung, Sr. (63 in 2015; now 69) arrested & charged (10/27/15) with 3 counts of premeditated 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Info on case & trial info from 1/21/20 (Day 1) thru 1/24/20 (Day 4) reference post #138 here:
FL - Voncile Smith, 77, & two sons brutally murdered, Pensacola, 28 July 2015 *Arrest*

Trial began on 1/21/20.
1/27/20 Day 5: State witnesses: DNA analyst Jennifer Wilkerson. Former medical examiner Dr. Andrea Minyard. Prosecution rests. Judge denies defense motion for judgment of acquittal. Defense witnesses: Dennis Keith Waller (police procedure expert). Dr. Paul C. Larson (religion expert). Defense told the judge their case will probably take two days. The defense is expected to rest their case by early afternoon tomorrow. Trial continues on 1/28.

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson

#HartungTrial - Court is now in session. The defense briefly recalled case agent Matt Infinger. He was asked how he came into possession of the mother's will, he said family members in Alabama gave it to him. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/donald-hartung/watch-live-donald-hartung-on-trial-for-allegedly-murdering-his-mom-and-his-2-half-brothers/…

9:21 AM · Jan 28, 2020

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork

#HartungTrial - Defense calls a forensic pathologist that reviewed the autopsy reports/photos. Questions surround the possibility that the murders didn't occur on the 28th. Donald Hartung was last at the house on July 28th, bodies were discovered on July 31st.
9:45 AM · Jan 28, 2020

[URL='https://twitter.com/cathyrusson']Cathy Russon[URL='https://twitter.com/cathyrusson']@cathyrusson[/URL][/URL]
#HartungTrial - Each body was covered with a lot of clothes and blankets as seen in these crime scene photos.

9:47 AM · Jan 28, 2020

Cathy Russon@cathyrusson

#HartungTrial - Defense witness, forensic pathologist, puts the time of death 1-2 days later than the prosecution says. Dr. Arden said in his opinion the deaths occurred 24-36 hours before being found on July 31st. Prosecution says murders happened July 28.

10:55 AM · Jan 28, 2020

Covering the bodies like that is weird and to me is indicative that the perpetrator is someone who likely knew them and didn't want to look at what he had done or some twisted way of "caring" for their dead bodies. Truly bizarre. Who else would be covering them up like that?

This is a slam dunk case imo. If it's a hung jury it'll be because of 1 or 2 bad apples and it will be retried and he'll be convicted. The neighbor and the jail house snitch pretty much sealed the conviction. Today was a waste. Defense was focusing on this tired DNA/pathology angle to confuse the jury - reminds me of the Segura retrial. Same tactic there and it didn't work. This case is winnable with NO DNA EVIDENCE. Yep! I also think his interview was telling as was his son's testimony. The son's testimony was also crucial in establishing that Hartung Sr was the black sheep of the family. The motive is glaring!

Donald Hartung Trial Day 6 - Agt Matt Infinger, Christine Rollins & Dr Jonathan Arden

Donald Hartung Trial Day 6 - Proffer of Witness, Seaborn Roddenbery Jr, Candy Zuleger & Jennifer Wil

Wednesday, January 29th:
*Trial continues (Day 7)-Closing Arguments begin (@ 10am ET) – FL – Voncile Smith (77), Richard Thomas Smith (49) & John William Smith (47) (July 28, 2015, Pensacola) - *Donald Wayne Hartung, Sr. (63 in 2015; now 69) arrested & charged (10/27/15) with 3 counts of premeditated 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Info on case & trial info from 1/21/20 (Day 1) thru 1/24/20 (Day 4) reference post #138 here:
FL - Voncile Smith, 77, & two sons brutally murdered, Pensacola, 28 July 2015 *Arrest*

Trial began on 1/21/20.
1/27/20 Day 5: State witnesses: DNA analyst Jennifer Wilkerson. Former medical examiner Dr. Andrea Minyard. Prosecution rests. Judge denies defense motion for judgment of acquittal. Defense witnesses: Dennis Keith Waller (police procedure expert). Dr. Paul C. Larson (religion expert). Defense told the judge their case will probably take two days. The defense is expected to rest their case by early afternoon tomorrow. Trial continues on 1/28.
1/28/20 Day 6: Defense witnesses: Matt Infinger (case agent). Christine Collins. Dr. Jonathan Arden (Forensic pathologist). Proffer of Witness, Seaborn Roddenbery Jr, Candy Zuleger & Jennifer Wil. Defense rests. The defendant will not testify. Closing arguments tomorrow morning, 1/29 at 10am.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a hung jury. If I was in goal accused of murder I would not tell other prisoners anything about my case, especially not something that would tend to incriminate me and favour the prosecution. I would stick to football, whether I was guilty or innocent. So for me the inmate is not credible.
The police interviews are completely incomprehensible. I can't understand even one whole sentence from either of them. And if people are going to be convicted on their demeanour, can't the detectives be accused of laziness. Who sits like that when interviewing someone?
Anyone could access the house from the rear in the night-time without the neighbour knowing. And where is the knife? They didn't spend much time looking for it. At the very least I would want to see some of the victims' blood on an item of the defendant's clothing. That would be strong evidence, but it doesn't sound as though they found anything.
Having said all that, they will probably convict him.

[URL='https://twitter.com/LawCrimeNetwork']Law & Crime Network[URL='https://twitter.com/LawCrimeNetwork']@LawCrimeNetwork[/URL][/URL]
#HartungTrial - Watch Live: Prosecution closing arguments in FL v. Donald Hartung. https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/live-trials-current/donald-hartung/watch-live-donald-hartung-on-trial-for-allegedly-murdering-his-mom-and-his-2-half-brothers/

#HartungTrial - Prosecutor Bridgette Jensen shows jurors the bank balances in Hartung's mother and two half-brothers' accounts. Hartung had been purposely left out of his mother's will.

9:18 AM · Jan 29, 2020

#HartungTrial - Jensen says this paper with numbers on it was found at Hartung's home. She tells the jury these are the combinations to two safes in his mother's home. She says Hartung cut the tip of his mother's pinky finger off to get her to tell him the combinations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni
Back