FL - Was this Justifiable use of deadly force? FLORIDA Youtube Video included.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree, textbook. If it were my decision, no way would I charge that guy with anything, and if I were on the jury, no way would I convict him of anything.

<modsnip>

Q. Turn the other cheek, or shoot the guy dead?

A. Turn the other cheek. Let it go. Let peace, kindness, and forgiveness win. It was not justifiable use of deadly force.

Q. Turn the other cheek, or shoot the guy dead?

A. Turn the other cheek. Let it go. Let peace, kindness, and forgiveness win. It was not justifiable use of deadly force.

The first one you lest go, the second one you defend with all means necessary to end the threat! If you watched the video that is exactly what happened!

Short take: imo, 2 or 3 dudes planned & attacked; shooter likely justified.

Long:
Did everyone see all this on vid?
- 4 ppl came in together, loud & apparently intox'd, dude #1 = shirtless.
- 4 sat at table, one or more of 4 made racial slurs to (Eventual) shooter). Time passes?
- group got up from table & ev-shooter stood up next to his counter-seat.
- Dude #2 shook hand w other guy by counter, then faced to Ev-shooter, tried same?
- Ev-shooter crossed hands, shook head no, then dude #2 punched him in face?
- Ev-shooter backed up.
- dude #3 held inner door open for dudec#1/shirtless to re-enter restaurant.
- in crouched position, dude#1/shirtless re-entered, punched EvShooter.
- Ev-shooter drew & fired at dude#1/shirtless, who then ran exiting w dude #2 & #3.
__________________________________________________ __
"....January....[name], 28, was the shooter at the Waffle House, but the reports released this week indicate Williams feared for his life when he fired three shots at Fields.Fields and several friends were in the restaurant early in the morning on Jan. 5 after drinking the night before. The report says the group was loud and seemingly intoxicated when an argument started."
I believe ^ is from article re St.Atty's ofc's decision, Ft Meyers FL.

Below is snipped from poster on another site, strictly the author's opn. Lays out argument for justified better than I could.
"[shooter] did everything by the book and acted as he should. Here are some points that I’d like to make about his actions:

• He wasn’t confrontational with the group that was harassing him
  • As soon as things looked bad, Williams asked for the check so that he could leave
  • When approached, he backed up in an attempt to give himself some space
  • After firing the shots, he placed his firearm on the counter and immediately called 911

After racial slurs, getting punched and being outnumbered by guys who look to be bigger than you, lethal force is likely on the table. And that’s exactly what the courts found in this particular case.
One thing that Williams could have done better was to give distance between himself and the man who ended up punching him. But you know, hindsight is 20/20." bbm

Imo, 2 or 3 dudesplanned it & acted according to plan; shooting likely justified.
JM2cts.

Well put, al66pine. I'm not a fan of killing in any circumstance; I'm staunchly anti-d.p. and always have been.

Yet not even I would deny a person the right to defend him or herself. The eventual shooter responded to the first punch by merely revealing his concealed weapon as a warning. In response, another assailant returned, punched the ev-shooter again and pursued him as he staggered backwards.

The shooter shot once. He didn't empty his weapon (though we might excuse him for doing so with his adrenaline pumping).

Justifiable homicide, if you ask me.

Well put, al66pine. I'm not a fan of killing in any circumstance; I'm staunchly anti-d.p. and always have been.
Yet not even I would deny a person the right to defend him or herself. The eventual shooter responded to the first punch by merely revealing his concealed weapon as a warning. In response, another assailant returned, punched the ev-shooter again and pursued him as he staggered backwards.
The shooter shot once. He didn't empty his weapon (though we might excuse him for doing so with his adrenaline pumping).
bbm

bbm1
Great Minds Think Alike? Thank you.

bbm2
Shooter shot once?
Shooting starts at 1m 20sec, while voice-over reporter says
dude#1/shirtless was "shot three times." Shot or shot at? Is that accurate? IDK.
Did shooter fire 3x, or was shirtless was hit 3x.Or something else. IDK.
One thing I do know from this any many other vids -
Multiple rounds can be fired quickly, so quickly we do cannot count w naked eye,
whether vid is grainy or hi-res. Not until we put it in slo-mo.

Another thought--- stressing, I'm just going by the vid, w expectation/azzumption that
LEOs did interviews & research and ruled out the hinkies, like
did shooter & the 3 dudes & gal know each other? Drugs, etc.

I agree with you on the justifiable part. However could you give your source for firing once.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back