FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well he did do something "Bats*** crazy. As reported had a gun and also had more then traffic tickets. I'm seeing the whole "apple doesn't fall far from the tree" thing. Scary. IMO
HA! For sure. It gets even worse when you read what he texted the Daily Mail:

Later in a rambling text, Routh appeared to justify his father's actions.

'I hate this game every four years, and think that we all do, and if my father wants to be a martyr to how broken and disassociated the process has become from the real problems and practical solutions, then that's his choice.

'I'm not saying that's what he's done or what he's about, that's just my own rant being fed up with it all for my entire adult life,' he wrote.

'South Park said it best, every 4 years we're forced to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche, and it all stays *advertiser censored***d in the same ways by different degrees, and we're exhausted and embarrassed by it all.'

I mean, I get the praise that the Secret Service is currently receiving; but the fact that an individual with a scoped rifle and a direct line of sight got within 500 yards to one of the most controversial and protected figures on this planet is no slam dunk.

The suspected gunman, arrested Sunday in Florida after his assassination attempt on former Republican President Donald Trump was foiled by the U.S. Secret Service, has been identified as 58-year-old Ryan Wesley Routh

Screenshots available of Routh’s social media accounts indicate that he was a supporter of Trump in 2016 who had become alienated from the Republicans prior to the 2020 election.

image-37.png

More recently, Routh appears to have become obsessed with the ongoing Russia-Ukraine War. One 2022 post even indicates that Routh traveled to Kyiv as part of an attempt to recruit foreign nationals to help defend Ukraine.

image-38.png

does anyone understand the two-tone Cruella DaVille hair do?

I mean, I get the praise that the Secret Service is currently receiving; but the fact that an individual with a scoped rifle and a direct line of sight got within 500 yards to one of the most controversial and protected figures on this planet is no slam dunk.
I have some issues with that too. JMO.

Yes, you said that so well. To that point, the Secret Service's shots missed this time.

HA! For sure. It gets even worse when you read what he texted the Daily Mail:

Later in a rambling text, Routh appeared to justify his father's actions.

'I hate this game every four years, and think that we all do, and if my father wants to be a martyr to how broken and disassociated the process has become from the real problems and practical solutions, then that's his choice.

'I'm not saying that's what he's done or what he's about, that's just my own rant being fed up with it all for my entire adult life,' he wrote.

'South Park said it best, every 4 years we're forced to choose between a turd sandwich and a giant douche, and it all stays *advertiser censored***d in the same ways by different degrees, and we're exhausted and embarrassed by it all.'
Not the best response to finding out your dad just tried to kill someone. Someone needs to tell this kid (I know he's not a kid) to express shock and then shut up.

jmo

That’s quite a wish list.

I’m all for Ukraine, but asking Zelenskyy to try to get the entire U.S. military on paid leave so they can all serve in Ukraine (as per his tweet posted above) is not going to happen.

It is petrifying, how many obsessed people are out there among us.

Jmo
Oh good grief. As the wife of one soldier and the mother of another.. no way and no thanks. lol

How does someone get to the point that these ideas are considered as viable options? Sounds like he needed help a long time ago.

Yes, you said that so well. To that point, the Secret Service's shots missed this time.
I am curious if they actually saw him though? I read earlier that they spotted the rifle so perhaps they didn't have a line of sight for the actual shooter, but shot in the direction of the gun they saw.

Edited to add: in the first incident there were snipers with scopes that could get a visual to the target, even one farther away. In this case if it was the typical secret service we see in a suit and likely carrying a hand gun, then maybe it wasn't as easy of a shot. I'm going to guess they didn't take a lot of time to decide to shoot.. so maybe it was a quick thinking agent that shot in the direction of the perceived threat and didn't actually have a person in view.

I am curious if they actually saw him though? I read earlier that they spotted the rifle so perhaps they didn't have a line of sight for the actual shooter, but shot in the direction of the gun they saw.
That, then he had backpacks to absorb shots, coupled with agents likely firing from a distance (probably) using handguns.

This wasn’t shooting a guy in an open position using a scoped rifle, like those agents at the rally had the benefit of.

They fired and got rid of the threat, which was just as effective in the end as hitting him.

That, then he had backpacks to absorb shots, coupled with agents likely firing from a distance (probably) using handguns.

This wasn’t shooting a guy in an open position using a scoped rifle, like those agents at the rally had the benefit of.

They fired and got rid of the threat, which was just as effective in the end as hitting him.
I was editing my post as you were posting! I had similar thoughts! A rifle with scope is very different than a handgun from a moving patrol of agents looking for potential threats.

Yes, RR certainly seems vitriolic when it comes to Trump.

I’ll speculate that he felt that Crooks didn’t get the job done, and it was time for a real man, 58 years old rather than 20, to finish off Trump for good.
But I read that he was a Trump supporter at one time
When was the last time we had two assassination attempts on a former or present president, or one running for office?
Kudzu what do you make of that? Interested in hearing your opinion

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow