FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The issue with the firearm tracking is interesting, but IMO it suggests that Routh did not purchase it legally.

Similar to a VIN number on a car, attached to a firearm's serial number is information on the type of firearm.

LE (ATF) can look at personal firearm purchase histories of individuals (Routh in this case) and 'read between the lines' so to speak, as to where and when that firearm was purchased. The fact that they can't retrieve any such info leads me to believe other avenues were used. JMO

So what? His plans changed. Humans are known to do that. Apathy, lack of professionalism, lack of leadership, partisan politics, and sometimes just plain lack of ability have been constants for several years throughout all of the United States' alphabet agencies. There's no excuse, and there should be zero tolerance for any of it. And I'd be EQUALLY adamant if the other candidate was the one in the crosshairs. Whoever the puppet masters are, they would be wise to be careful what they wish for. MOO
I think we agree.
I was aggravated that the perp knew Trump changed his plans but SS didn’t? How did that happen?

Gunman was unable to get off a shot, and never had line of sight of Trump.

They did have robust security yesterday, to include snipers, counter assault teams, drones, and local law enforcement.
I fundamentally agree.

The only thing that could have been done better was to me more pro active in following up on the car that was parked in the area for 12 hours that likely did not belong to a resident.

The surrounding area is evidently high income. Though cars parked curbside for 12 hours are common in high income areas of say, LA, NYC, SF, DC etc. they maybe pretty rare in that particular Florida neighborhood.

LE (ATF) can look at personal firearm purchase histories of individuals (Routh in this case) and 'read between the lines' so to speak, as to where and when that firearm was purchased. The fact that they can't retrieve any such info leads me to believe other avenues were used. JMO
Can they easily reference that information when responding to a DV call?

Trump should ... as any free American citizen should ...be able to golf where he chooses...

As we know... Biden has been enjoying open and un-walled beach activities...
As he SHOULD be able to... and as any free American citizen should.

JMO
It's shocking to me how quickly some people are ready to give up their own rights, apparently. That's the only thing I can deduce about those who find it so logical to blame Trump, unless their true opinion is that they want him out so badly that they don't care how that happens. IDK AJMOO

Moo...Mr Trump as a presidential candidate should realize that he cannot just live his life like a private citizen. All life choices come at a price. He does need to be realistic about the possible dangerous easily targeted areas he goes...moo
President Trump made adjustments after the Butler, PA assassination attempt and I am sure that he will make some adjustments now and will work with his SS detail to determine how to work things out.

He has been doing lots of indoor rallies since Butler, and when he resumed outdoor rallies he has been using bullet-proof barriers that protect him at the podium. So there is no reason to think that he won't work with his detail to figure out how to move forward following this second assassination attempt on his own property.

I fundamentally agree.

The only thing that could have been done better was to me more pro active in following up on the car that was parked in the area for 12 hours that likely did not belong to a resident.

The surrounding area is evidently high income. Though cars parked curbside for 12 hours are common in high income areas of say, LA, NYC, SF, DC etc. they maybe pretty rare in that particular Florida neighborhood.
Yeah, the issue is that perimeter area, as opposed to the innermost layer of security. It was interesting to learn how exactly they do golf course protection, especially the advance team part. That worked to perfection here, ensuring that this guy was not only discovered, but engaged before he ever had an opportunity to take a shot.

The answer is simple, for sure. It was a last minute, unscheduled golf outing, so they probably didn't know that this guy had been hanging around for half a day. Granted, common sense on all sides would be to secure all of the areas prior to bringing DJT out on the green, but at this point we don't know if that was done (watching the presser now, a reporter just asked if it had been searched, and Rowe is saying that they did a "sweeping maneuver" ahead of Trump, and that's how they spotted him).
I want to know exactly how many times this guy has stalked the golf course. IMO.
The Secret Service didn't see the assassin during the 12 hours he was there is becasue they didn't look. An obvious failure in security.

Doing a "sweep" at the last minute with President Trump coming within maybe 300 yards of the armed suspect is also not doing a good job. JMO.

The Secret Service didn't see the assassin during the 12 hours he was there is becasue they didn't look. An obvious failure in security.

Doing a "sweep" at the last minute with President Trump coming within maybe 300 yards of the armed suspect is also not doing a good job. JMO.
They didn’t look because he wasn’t scheduled to be playing golf that day.

Per Presser:
" Known to the FBI" since 2019.

Shocked, I tell ya......

I think the FBI rep was trying to get ahead of this story before it appears in the media. He said that in 2019 a tip was made to the FBI in Honolulu that RR was a convicted felon but had a firearm. The FBI referred it to local LE at some point when the tipster failed to provide additional information, or something like that.

Trump should ... as any free American citizen should ...be able to golf where he chooses...As we know... Biden has been enjoying open and un-walled beach activities...
Though Trump is technically free to golf where he chooses, presidential candidates of the two major parties are not "just like any Americans".

Likewise, Biden very likely enjoys seemingly open beach activities at very selected locations in an easily controlled environment.

I think we agree.
I was aggravated that the perp knew Trump changed his plans but SS didn’t? How did that happen?
Can you provide a link to this? I haven't read of heard anything about the suspect knowing about the change of plans, or that the USSS didn't know. Secret Service was with DJT, so I imagine that they did know/were told about the impromptu golf outing. TYIA and IMO.

Those under Secret Service protection also give up freedoms for that protection.

There are essential county services adjacent to this particular golf course that need to keep running. There is the sheriff's office, the jail, the post office, schools. They can't close the roads because they shut down essential services. Trump has a course in Jupiter (in Palm Beach County) which wouldn't interfere with essential services. At other courses you can shut down roads adjacent to the course because those roads are not required for essential services.

How would SS protect this particular site without shutting down roads?

Officers every 50 or so feet on the sidewalk surrounding the course, after the area behind the hedges has been checked and cleared.
Cars are free to move, and pedestrians are allowed to walk, but not loiter.
It just doesn’t seem like rocket science or theoretical physics to me. It is common sense. Why the SS keeps failing at this is puzzling and troubling.
I realize Trump likes to play golf a lot. So what, their job is to protect him, not to restrict him.

I think the FBI rep was trying to get ahead of this story before it appears in the media. He said that in 2019 a tip was made to the FBI in Honolulu that RR was a convicted felon but had a firearm. The FBI referred it to local LE at some point when the tipster failed to provide additional information, or something like that.
Yeah, can’t do anything without probable cause, and they had no probable cause once that tipster failed to verify the claim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dstewart
Back