FL - West Palm Beach - Trump Assassination Attempt

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He did/does own a home in NC that is associated with his voting info. As far as being a felon, if he completed his sentence, then yes, he was eligible to vote again in NC.
The not switching his voter registration thing is possible. but there is a long period where he didn't vote in NC until earlier this year, BUT it doesn't state that he re-applied or anything. Just shows the 2012 initial registration, which is strange since he voted in NC prior to that year.
I hope that something definite is released regarding his voting history (if any) in Hawaii. I'm having trouble even tracking down what years he lived in what state.
IMO
Just my opinion, it all depends on where he was actually living. If he was living in Hawaii as I've read, then his voting in NC was illegal regardless of him being a felon. Voting eligibility is determined by where a person actually lives and not by where they own property. Military are an exception as they can still claim residency in their home state but would have to vote absentee ballot while stationed/deployed out of the area.

I found this out when I filed a complaint against someone for illegally voting in our city while living in another city. He was charged with ten felony counts of illegal voting because he voted ten times after moving away.

As a convicted felon, he was prohibited from buying or possessing guns. They almost had him on felon in possession charges several years ago, but the tipster didn’t back up their tip.

He must have bought it from a third party, but the lack of a visible serial number could make it impossible to trace. Hopefully they can raise it somehow.
Its fairly easy for felons and ex-felons, mentally ill, etc. to buy guns in the US today at gun shows, through "straw purchasers" on Craigslist, ordering online, etc. That goes for automatic and semi-automatic weapons/weapons of mass destruction.

Just my opinion, it all depends on where he was actually living. If he was living in Hawaii as I've read, then his voting in NC was illegal regardless of him being a felon. Voting eligibility is determined by where a person actually lives and not by where they own property. Military are an exception as they can still claim residency in their home state but would have to vote absentee ballot while stationed/deployed out of the area.

I found this out when I filed a complaint against someone for illegally voting in our city while living in another city. He was charged with ten felony counts of illegal voting because he voted ten times after moving away.
On the form to register to vote in Hawaii, it asks if you are a registered voter in another state. If you check the box that says "yes", then the next box asks for permission to take you off the voter registration in the state where you are registered outside of Hawaii. You can't register to vote in two states. You have to decide where your main residence is. If you have a job, that usually is the criterion for the state you reside in. Your income tax forms will also indicate if you are a resident or nonresident of the state(s) where you file your taxes. Hawaii registration website indicates that it is a class C felony to illegally register to vote in Hawaii.

We have two residences, but have to select a main residence and that also dictates which state's driver's license we obtain, where we pay income taxes, etc.

On the form to register to vote in Hawaii, it asks if you are a registered voter in another state. If you check the box that says "yes", then the next box asks for permission to take you off the voter registration in the state where you are registered outside of Hawaii. You can't register to vote in two states. You have to decide where your main residence is. If you have a job, that usually is the criterion for the state you reside in. Your income tax forms will also indicate if you are a resident or nonresident of the state(s) where you file your taxes. Hawaii registration website indicates that it is a class C felony to illegally register to vote in Hawaii.

We have two residences, but have to select a main residence and that also dictates which state's driver's license we obtain, where we pay income taxes, etc.
Thank you for this - good information!

The voter laws are state laws and different in each state. Here in Ohio, I was told that a person can not be removed from our voter rolls unless they register to vote at another address "within Ohio." I mention this because other states may not recognize Hawaii's request and they could still be registered in multiple states. Unfortunately, there is no way to know whether someone is registered to vote in more than one state. Ohio was sued by Judicial Watch several years ago and lost which forced the state to clean up their voter rolls which I was so glad to see as my city had more than twice the number of registered voters as residents.

The acting director of the US Secret Service told former President Trump that if he wants to continue golfing that it will require significant security arrangements and advanced planning. This came after Trump reportedly asked him if it was safe for him to be golfing.

Former first lady Melania Trump left her husband Donald’s namesake Midtown tower under heavy guard Tuesday, two days after a second assassination attempt against the former president in just over two months.

A convoy of eight vehicles — including an NYPD Emergency Service Unit van manned by a cop carrying an automatic weapon — awaited Melania, 54, as she left her family’s New York City residence, photos exclusively obtained by The Post show.

The intimidating fleet was double the usual detail of four vehicles that typically guard the former first lady.

EBM

Last edited:
The acting director of the US Secret Service told former President Trump that if he wants to continue golfing that it will require significant security arrangements and advanced planning. This came after Trump reportedly asked him if it was safe for him to be golfing.

Good that they are communicating on this. Sounds like they should be able to work this out.

Does it get posted on his website what his schedule is? Like when he is scheduled to golf? Or just his schedule for campaigning and such?

Jmo

Seems unscheduled golf trips would be safer with no one knowing.

Does it get posted on his website what his schedule is? Like when he is scheduled to golf? Or just his schedule for campaigning and such?

Jmo

Not if it doesn't give security the time to properly check the area first. The spontaneity of this particular golfing excursion seems like it could have been a factor. Rather than being able to sweep in advance, they were doing it as they went along. I'm not in security, but even I can tell that's not ideal

MOO

If you're wondering when he moved to HI, his truck is in the driveway in 2019. However, he does not own the home.

The home was purchased in 2017, by someone whose name has popped up in the media in association with him. (Possibly a girlfriend?)

Several articles talked about how he moved to Hawaii this year...(OK..whatever)

Sounds like he goes back and forth between NC and HI based on voting.

I wouldn't get too wrapped up on the voting stuff, except that it places him at a certain location.

Not if it doesn't give security the time to properly check the area first. The spontaneity of this particular golfing excursion seems like it could have been a factor. Rather than being able to sweep in advance, they were doing it as they went along. I'm not in security, but even I can tell that's not ideal

MOO
How long does it take to do a perimeter sweep around that golf course?

Jmo

At this time, he does not announce his golf schedule.

However, his golf schedule is well known by locals. I've mentioned that private FB groups are a frequent source of local info.

It’s always been the rule that the Secret Service, now overseen by the Department of Homeland Security, makes the determination regarding the protectees who fall under their auspices.

The protectee must adhere to the directions given by the SS.

I recall the Bush twins and others that gave the SS a hard time. I recall Pence refusing to leave the Capitol on January 6th, so SS put him in the underground parking garage.

In Trump’s particular case, he has said out loud multiple times that the White House was “a dump” compared to his luxurious properties. He also only spent a total of 34 days at Camp David over his four years.

Of course Camp David is secluded and was meant as a presidential retreat, which makes it much easier to keep a president and visitors safe.

It has a one-hole golf course with four tees, so I presume Trump did not prefer to stay there too often.

If Bloomberg had become president, it may have been similar as he’s also a billionaire with luxury homes in NYC and Bermuda.

I imagine this presents the SS with difficulties, when the protectee is strong-willed, owns multiple properties where he prefers to spend his time, and is prone to impromptu decisions and actions.

I respect the Secret Service and believe they try their utmost to protect those under their auspices, although I do believe the rally was not properly secured.

Trump always thanks them and I think that’s admirable.

It is my hope that everyone whose security is overseen by the SS will compromise so their safety is ensured.

Try as the SS might, ad hoc decisions on the spur of the moment, in venues that are difficult to secure, lead to the potential for tragedies.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maineguy1961
Back