Identified! FL - Wildwood, WhiteFem UP11284, 25-55, in woods, Apr'13 *Jane Wever*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It certainly looks like they were able to get fingerprints & after submitting to the FBI, was an instant hit & the UID removed.

But this is only a guess. I wonder if we'll ever know. I have looked & looked for updates on Jane Huff from McDonough without success.
Jane Huff was found alive, per this post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9685922&postcount=95

You have to pay to access the article now, which is probably why it's not coming up in searches.

I believe this is a FL woman that may or may not have been reported missing to authorities. A search for a missing FL woman named Jane brought me to a topix post in ??. Someone posted about their aunt not being heard from since she left FL to move with two men in late March. From the information given on the post I was able to search FB and find her pages and noticed she fit the description...as well as a missing person page in her name

The topix post was made Dec 8th...about 9 months after they had last heard from her and this woman's body was found. I do not think they contacted or knew how to contact authorities about their aunt..Or maybe felt they would be intruding on their aunt if they did but were still worried so made a post and a missing page on fb.

I notified investigators via email yesterday of the possible match with the links to her FB page and the Topix post as well as other connected links. I am newly registered and not positive on what I can and cannot post yet or what may interfere with investigation. I am posting the missing fb page of the person but unsure about posting the topix link and other details I found as it may interfere with investigation in the case.

Martha Jane Wever
https://www.facebook.com/findmartha.janewever?fref=ts

Classito

Looks good, Classito. I see she even goes by Jane. Odd Facebook support group page. I've never seen one without any posts on it.

Keep us posted.

Update...Friends/family started posting RIP to Jane about 11 hours ago...as well as the wildwood article regarding the unidentified body found. Also said they got a call from the detective saying they had arrested the person responsible..He has been charged with murder no bond...

Classito

Penrod--Ralph-Harold-mug-jpg.jpg

http://www.wesh.com/image/view/-/24.../-/qv08dwz/-/Penrod--Ralph-Harold-mug-jpg.jpg

http://www.dailycommercial.com/news/article_8b1da7ec-555b-572d-92e3-f0e6c6394f93.html

Ralph Penrod, 62, was taken into custody Tuesday morning at a mobile home park on Park Drive in Tavares. He remained in the Lake County jail on murder charges without bail.
<snip>
Sheriff’s spokesman Lt. Bobby Caruthers said the forensic anthropologist, as well as the dead woman’s family and Sumter County detectives, will be at today’s press conference.

Thank you Kate. Everyone does a top job here..Lot of research and time are spent by members and every one deserve a high five...

I have been reading the forum for a couple of years off and on and the Jane case got me to finally register.

Classito

Wow. Sad for Jane and encouraged and re-energized at our efforts here.

I never said this either

:welcome5: Classito

Great work Classito! I knew you were onto something! Welcome, we are thankful to have you!

https://twitter.com/coreydierdorff
Reporter for WFTS ABC Tampa, FL
All posted between 9:32 AM - 9:44 AM - 22 Jan 2014

@coreydierdorff

Standby for live tweets from Sumter County Sheriffs office press conference on April 2013 murder
Sheriff: Kentucky state police contacted Sumter so saying that the victim could be missing from Kentucky
DNA linked missing woman to the victim
Ralph Penrod is from lake county, and was named as a suspect and arrested. Looks like the motive was financial gain pic.twitter.com/fqkcQKrfah
Lake county sheriffs office executed the search warrant for the Sumter County SO and Ralph Penrod was taken into custody
Sheriff: motive appears to be for financial gain, other details will be withheld at this time. Suspect was after monthly pension
Suspect and victim appear to have known each other for a long time. Went to high school together in Michigan.
They lived together in Kentucky. Appears she was shot to death in wildwood
Sketch released helped id the victim. With that and a fingerprint they were able to make a positive id on the victim pic.twitter.com/gOHZEku9mW
Family: "it was heartbreaking for all of us.. Jane was the youngest.."
Family: "speaking for the family.. The job that this department did.. I can't say enough good things about it.."
"We are glad this part of the case is over.. Next part is just starting.."
"It just amazes us what people will do to other people.. There was no reason for this to happen."

RIP Jane Wever

Classito, you're awesome! Thanks so much for helping bring Martha back home to her family.

I hope more info comes out about Martha soon. It'd be really interesting to compare the then-UID's estimations (height, weight, hair color etc.) to Martha's actual features.

RIP Martha, and thanks again to Classito for identifying her and helping bring a killer to justice.

So glad Jane was identified and it didn't drag on for years. Poor woman!

Whoever did the reconstruction did a pretty decent job though!

Classito, you're awesome! Thanks so much for helping bring Martha back home to her family.

I hope more info comes out about Martha soon. It'd be really interesting to compare the then-UID's estimations (height, weight, hair color etc.) to Martha's actual features.

RIP Martha, and thanks again to Classito for identifying her and helping bring a killer to justice.

Side by side of Martha and UID sketch here: https://twitter.com/coreydierdorff/status/426015050126864385/photo/1

Looks spot on to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back