FL FL - Yessinia Suarez, 28, & 2 children, Deltona, 22 Oct 2013 #1 *L. Toledo guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a domestic violence survivor and this just breaks my heart to know another woman has died at the hands of a man that was supposed to love her. I am one of the fortunate ones who made it out alive. I endured every kind of abuse you can imagine for 25 years. The ex-husband always had guns in our house and I knew if I told him I wanted a divorce, he would kill me. So I planned my escape carefully. That was almost 11 years ago. I pray they send Toldeo to the electric chair for what he's done.

Not much authorities can do if the woman doesn't report the abuse. And the neighbors hear the screams and ignore them. And the family knows about all the fighting and, what? Does nothing? Did they try to help her leave the abuser? Is there a father available for the kids? Could they have been sent to live, safely, with him? Did the mom want help? I HATE that the abuser seems to have all the power.....he wouldn't if enough people didn't allow him that power. :twocents:

There is nothing parents can do about an adult daughter who chooses to stay in an abusive marriage. Trust me, I begged my own daughter to leave her abuser and offered the financial means to do so. It took years for her to finally leave.
In Florida, there is nothing the non custodial parent can do to get the children away unless physical abuse is proven to a court.
It's very hard....people don't realize how hard it is to do something to help when the person doesn't want help.

remains- ohh, we have several missing here around Orlando...if that is the toll rd, @ Sanford makes me immediately think of poor Michelle.

I have no clue where to look for this dear mama and her babies- seems LE is really on the case though.

After reading this story, I am utterly baffled as to what's going on. It sounds like Lake Mary police arrested him but he was questioned for 48 hours by the Volusia County Sheriff's Office. Then a Volusia County judge ruled that there was probable cause for his arrest and ordered him to be sent to the Seminole County jail. But Seminole County hasn't received anything on him from Lake Mary police and doesn't have any intention of detaining him? Am I reading that correctly? So now what happens? If Volusia can't charge him and Seminole doesn't want him, will he be released?

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20131028/NEWS/131029489/1040?p=1&tc=pg

After reading this story, I am utterly baffled as to what's going on. It sounds like Lake Mary police arrested him but he was questioned for 48 hours by the Volusia County Sheriff's Office. Then a Volusia County judge ruled that there was probable cause for his arrest and ordered him to be sent to the Seminole County jail. But Seminole County hasn't received anything on him from Lake Mary police and doesn't have any intention of detaining him? Am I reading that correctly? So now what happens? If Volusia can't charge him and Seminole doesn't want him, will he be released?

http://www.news-journalonline.com/article/20131028/NEWS/131029489/1040?p=1&tc=pg

My God. WTH? :banghead:

I just got home and had to drive past the house. Choppers are out circling Lake Monroe and her house. But I think they are news crews updating their stories. :(

I understand the family has asked TES to come in to search but hasn't heard back. This was on the News13 update just a few mins ago but probably not online yet.

jmo

According to this story, they have contacted Texas EquiSearch.

http://mynews13.com/content/news/cf...articles/cfn/2013/10/28/search_continues.html

I am training for a 50-mile hike, and I need to start doing some 5- to 10-mile hikes. I suspect me and my Irish setter will be doing some hiking in the area over the next several days.

I cannot hike due to health reasons but I will be there too, Clue, and will walk as much as I am able if needed. That's definite.
I have already driven around and around looking for disturbed areas of grass, etc but not done anything on foot.

And ty for the link--I just got home and couldn't find it offhand but I did hear it on tv as soon as I got in the door.

jmo

When you have someone this unstable and dangerous and you want to leave them, please just leave. Forget the divorce. RUN, take the kids and RUN and hide in another state or contry if you have to. Just get away safely. There are womans abuse centers that can help someone escape a situation such as this. How many times do we hear about the announcing of a divorce is what triggers these animals. I realize she may not have known he would snap, but it sure seems the signs were there, especially after the animal comes to her work and slaps her. My goodness, this is horrible.

And then we read this in the article.....

“I'm surprised he did what he did to my daughter and my grandkids,” Suarez said. “I never saw something that would indicate he was capable of doing something like that.
He said although Toledo is an aggressive person, he never expected anything like this to happen."

I'm sorry, but he is a known gang member, previous serious trouble with the law, he is known to be aggressive, and then comes into her work and slaps her.
I know hindsight is 20/20, but the signs were there I am afraid.

JMO, Waterboarding or worse should be allowed for animals like this in order to find the victims.

From the article: "Records show Toledo has not been prosecuted on several serious charges through the years." REALLY? Why on earth was prosecution delayed? What charges? Does this mean that thanks to the inefficiencies on the justice system, this was allowed to be outside and murder his wife and those precious children? :banghead:

It boggles the mind. Especially this.

Toledo's sister-in-law, Kimberly LaSanta, sought a domestic-violence injunction against Toledo last year after he sent more than 50 threatening text and voicemail messages to her in two days, according to court records.

Lasanta had just served Toledo's brother with divorce papers when she began receiving the threats, according to her court petition.

"He has threatened to take my kids, send someone to come in my house and hurt me," LaSanta wrote. "He threatened to put me in jail and hurt me. I have saved all 54 text messages for the judge to see. I am in fear of this man."

A judge rejected her request.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_2-children-deltona-mom-mother-and-children

My wife just walked in the door. I asked her, and she said that she never checked my criminal record. If he was released in 2008 and didn't marry her until New Year's Day in 2011, it's entirely possible that she had no idea of his past. I could be wrong, of course. But I don't think we can make any judgment. It's clear that their marriage has been on the rocks for awhile. It's also clear that she was very fearful of him and what he might do if she left. My guess is that he had threatened her before, and that was why she had stayed with him. She was right, too. He did what she feared he would do. And it seems that a judge didn't help since he threatened his sister-in-law but was not charged with anything in that case. She might have thought the same would happen to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28