FL FL - Young person, missing after possible gator attack, Orange County, 9 May 2018 *Tamara Lamour*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Witness was several hundred yards away, so may have been mistaken about what he heard.

(paraphrased from pc linked above)

This is so odd. Reports of a suicidal half-dressed woman wandering around? Why didn't someone help her? Maybe they tried and she got away?

I would think it would be extremely difficult to drown yourself as a suicide method. I don't know how big or deep that pond is, but you would have to get yourself far enough out that when the fight or flight reflexes kicked in, you would be far enough away from the bank... There are so many easier ways to commit suicide. I have a hard time believing she did this on purpose if that is what is being reported. There has to be more to this. IMO

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Witness was several hundred yards away, so may have been mistaken about what he heard.

(paraphrased from pc linked above)

Yes, given all the info in the LE release and Q&A from cybervampira's link, I would say that the witness has mistaken the gender and possible the words of the victim...

Orlando officials speak on body found in alligator infested pond
Video at link:
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/mobi...y-found-in-alligator-infested-pond/77-8123769

Thank you for this. I found it to be very informative. The spokesman addressed the fence issue when asked about it. Paraphrasing, he stated the fence was not very high at all, and would have been easy to scale.

As stated by others too, he said they have a good indication of the identity of the victim, but are waiting for confirmation...

Does not sound like an alligator attack at all, but still so sad that this female ended up losing her life...

JMO

There is a lake here that has many underwater stumps and tangled fishing lines. At least once a year, someone swimming drowns because they got tangled...

I wonder if she bumped up against something, thought it was an animal and then panicked and drowned or got tangled etc.

I wonder if the person that said "it bit me" knew of the body in the water and wanted it to be found without implicating himself? Therefore he creates a ruse and a search...

That was my first thought when I saw it was a woman’s body. And the “It bit me!” still sounds off to me. Someone panicking from being bit and dragged underwater would be more likely to just scream rather than articulate “It bit me!!” Just my opinion of course.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/it-...-as-teen-went-under-in-orlando-pond/746591327

This link has a video with the reporter at the scene itself, and shows all of the area involved.

It also has an interview with a female distraught neighbor who describes the woman as she walked down the street prior...

ETA: The fence does appear to be higher than previously described, but the neighbors said there was a large hole in it...

JMO

Mystery as body found in alligator-infested Florida pond is identified as a 19-year-old woman who had drowned but had NO bite marks on her

The woman whose body was found in an alligator-infested Florida pond last week has been identified by investigators.

The body of 19-year-old Tamara Lamour was pulled out of a retention pond near Orlando on Thursday after a man called 911 to report that he'd heard a teenage boy screaming for help.

Lamour appears to have drowned, and investigators were surprised to find that she had no bite marks on her body despite reports from neighbors that the pond was full of alligators.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ors-identify-woman-floating-Florida-pond.html

Mystery as body found in alligator-infested Florida pond is identified as a 19-year-old woman who had drowned but had NO bite marks on her

The woman whose body was found in an alligator-infested Florida pond last week has been identified by investigators.

The body of 19-year-old Tamara Lamour was pulled out of a retention pond near Orlando on Thursday after a man called 911 to report that he'd heard a teenage boy screaming for help.

Lamour appears to have drowned, and investigators were surprised to find that she had no bite marks on her body despite reports from neighbors that the pond was full of alligators.

[...]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ors-identify-woman-floating-Florida-pond.html

Sounds suspicious. Maybe someone placed her body in there hoping the alligators would eat it.

That was my first thought when I saw it was a woman’s body. And the “It bit me!” still sounds off to me. Someone panicking from being bit and dragged underwater would be more likely to just scream rather than articulate “It bit me!!” Just my opinion of course.

I can see young woman trying to avoid someone she may've had an altercation with, choosing to put the retention pond fence between herself & that person.

I can't really see her choosing to go in that water of her own accord.

Fell?

Pushed?

He hit me???

:crosseyed:

Has an official autopsy confirmed the COD was drowning? I know the article states drowning, but it doesn’t make mention of an autopsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this the same woman who was seen and described as being suicidal the day before?

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

"Lamour was taken back to the shelter over a week ago because her friend says Lamour was depressed and acting erratically. “One day she just shut down and for like two weeks, she just cried for no reason.” Lamour’s friend, Janaiyah Whittaker said."

http://www.mynews13.com//fl/orlando...searches-for-answers-in-daughter-s-death.html

It's never for 'no reason'.

Janaiyah knew that Tamara had lost her job and acknowledged that her friend's behavior became more paranoid- sounds like she's the one or close to those who got her back into Covenant House- why didn't the shelter do the appropriate thing & get her into REAL care with a professional mental health care facility?

Rolling my eyes rather a lot at this right now.

"Lamour was taken back to the shelter over a week ago because her friend says Lamour was depressed and acting erratically. “One day she just shut down and for like two weeks, she just cried for no reason.” Lamour’s friend, Janaiyah Whittaker said."

http://www.mynews13.com//fl/orlando...searches-for-answers-in-daughter-s-death.html

It's never for 'no reason'.

Janaiyah knew that Tamara had lost her job and acknowledged that her friend's behavior became more paranoid- sounds like she's the one or close to those who got her back into Covenant House- why didn't the shelter do the appropriate thing & get her into REAL care with a professional mental health care facility?

Rolling my eyes rather a lot at this right now.

Yikes. So if we are going to blame an organization that housed her and kept her off the streets, next are we going to blame her parents who didn’t stop her from leaving to go to Orlando (bc she’s an adult so what can they do?), and the residents near the pond who didn’t call 911 when they witnessed her acting erratic and making suicidal comments?

The wording of that article is interesting bc it says she was taken back there “over a week ago” but in the same sentence her friend said she’d been crying for two weeks straight. How long was Tamara at the shelter this most recent time? Anyway, I’ll reserve judgment for now since we are only hearing from a friend, and I don’t know what covenant house did or did not do to try to help Tamara.

Yikes. So if we are going to blame an organization that housed her and kept her off the streets, next are we going to blame her parents who didn’t stop her from leaving to go to Orlando (bc she’s an adult so what can they do?), and the residents near the pond who didn’t call 911 when they witnessed her acting erratic and making suicidal comments?

The wording of that article is interesting bc it says she was taken back there “over a week ago” but in the same sentence her friend said she’d been crying for two weeks straight. How long was Tamara at the shelter this most recent time? Anyway, I’ll reserve judgment for now since we are only hearing from a friend, and I don’t know what covenant house did or did not do to try to help Tamara.

If my nonprofit wanted to take funds in the name of 'helping' maybe I'm under an unspoken liability to actually help those in crisis- not just look the other way when they exhibit an inability to function on such a basic level as Tamara sounded to be struggling under. It's not as though networks and other programs don't exist at all.
Why wouldn't Covenant House expect their clientele to come with needs and baggage, thus be prepared to link them into appropriate outlets? Hmm.

Ah well, I'm not a Floridian and groups I've worked with over the years have gone above and beyond the call of what some are used to.

If my nonprofit wanted to take funds in the name of 'helping' maybe I'm under an unspoken liability to actually help those in crisis- not just look the other way when they exhibit an inability to function on such a basic level as Tamara sounded to be struggling under. It's not as though networks and other programs don't exist at all.
Why wouldn't Covenant House expect their clientele to come with needs and baggage, thus be prepared to link them into appropriate outlets? Hmm.

Ah well, I'm not a Floridian and groups I've worked with over the years have gone above and beyond the call of what some are used to.

We have no idea what was or wasn’t done to try to help Tamara while she was staying at the covenant house.

It wasn't a boy, it was Tamara Lamour. This person was identified after they were found deceased:

Deputies release ID of body found in pond (May 14, 2018)

The body of Tamara Lamour, 19, was found Thursday, a day after a neighbor reported hearing and seeing a person struggling in the retention pond near Fabian Street and Regan Avenue, south of East Colonial Drive and State Road 417.

The neighbor called 911 after seeing what he thought at the time was a man flailing in the water, yelling that an alligator had bit him.

Orange County deputies, a dive team and officers from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission undertook an "active water rescue" and found the body. There was no evidence of an alligator bite on the body, deputies said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back