Florida Association of Private Investigators Deplores Reports of Unlicensed Activity

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't tell you how sad I am to read this. I feel so bad for JH. I can't help but wonder if co-operating with LE in this matter had already put him under immense stress and perhaps fear, and he's getting divorced, and now this. I pray he doesn't commit suicide or anything and has some good support through this. This would be too much for most people to handle. Poor guy didn't commit a crime, tried to help LE, even showed up for a TES search. I feel so sad about this.

To put it plain and simple, you can not promote yourself as an "Agency" or "Investigator" without the proper licences issued by the State of FL.

The word "voluntarily" means nothing, he was still working as a Private Investigator according to FL law.

But, If you are an investigator who is an actual employee of an Attorney's office, currently there is no license required.

From a legal perspective, frankly, I think there's a strong argument he was working for Casey that day. He was called to his office, and carried out DC's instructions during the course of the day. Sounds like an employee to me.

I can't tell you how sad I am to read this. I feel so bad for JH. I can't help but wonder if co-operating with LE in this matter had already put him under immense stress and perhaps fear, and he's getting divorced, and now this. I pray he doesn't commit suicide or anything and has some good support through this. This would be too much for most people to handle. Poor guy didn't commit a crime, tried to help LE, even showed up for a TES search. I feel so sad about this.

It's a shame to say this but the only people who keep on smelling like roses in this case are the skunks.

If he would have just said in the deposition that he was along just as a friend and happened to video it, I don't think it would be much of an issue.

PI's get enough bad press, we don't need things like this to keep happening, he was also a fool for not having an attorney present at the deposition.

I could understand if you were making that statement about DC, but frankly, can't understand why you'd make it about a pi who is the only part of the A team co-operating with police in this matter and even searched with TES. I wish all PIs had his integrity.

I have heard Hoover say this 2 ways.

He told LE that Dc didn't know he was being taped for awhile and ask him what he was doing and he told him that he was videoing.

Then he told Morgan that DC ask him to video it.

Right---Wrong?

The Agency has to carry Insurance, I don't remember what FL requires, but GA requires a min. of a $20K bond in order to open an agency.

What does one have to do, qualification wise to get a Class A? I thought DC was pretty new to this, and was in construction until recently? Is it just a course, or is experience also required? TIA

The Agency has to carry Insurance, I don't remember what FL requires, but GA requires a min. of a $20K bond in order to open an agency.

When I first read that, I thought GA meant George, and I'm thinking "oh no, he's trying to get a pi licence now"! I'm not from the USA, so it took a couple seconds for me to figure it out.

Next week, Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney, plans to depose the Anthony's former volunteer security guard, James Hoover.

Baez said he wants to probe more deeply in to why Hoover and private investigator Dominic Casey searched the woods where Caylee's remains were later found.

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/19028964/detail.html

Very interesting! Odd that he's not seeking to depose DC, or is he? Maybe he's just trying to discredit JH but wants to try to keep DC's credibility in tact? Or maybe DC has signed additional statements for him already?

I could understand if you were making that statement about DC, but frankly, can't understand why you'd make it about a pi who is the only part of the A team co-operating with police in this matter and even searched with TES. I wish all PIs had his integrity.

I am only responding to what I know, I didn't put the press release out, just posted it for others to see.

Saying that he was working in the capacity of a Security Guard doesn't fly with me. Don't get me wrong as I applaud him for coming forward with the tape.

Ok...I'll try again...hadn't CA always referred to these men as her PIs (plural)? She never said "oh one is the PI and the other is our bodyguard" did she? There weren't any other PIs were there? By CA's own admission, Hoover was working as a PI...IF he was the guy that was helping to track down leads. I'm gonna take the time tonight to try and find reference to "PIs" in any of her statements.

From a legal point of view, I doubt Cindy's "admission" would mean much. She has about zero credibility, and without any proof he did any pi work for her (JH said that's the only tip he followed up, and not at Cindy's request, but at DC's request), we've all watched him act as bodyguard, DC says he only acted in that capacity etc.....I think her statement is worth about nil without something independent to verity it.

When I first read that, I thought GA meant George, and I'm thinking "oh no, he's trying to get a pi licence now"! I'm not from the USA, so it took a couple seconds for me to figure it out.

Originally Posted by Georgia PI
The Agency has to carry Insurance, I don't remember what FL requires, but Georgia requires a min. of a $20K bond in order to open an agency

Sorry it's Georgia, bold by me.

Yep.

"Baez will also depose two friends of Casey Anthony, Amy Huizenga and Kiomarie Cruz. In addition, four corrections officers and three Orange County deputies will also give sworn testimony."

But where's DCs "re-probe"?

Do we get the transcripts of these depositions? I hope so! I'd like to see Cain's too.

But, Cindy says a lot of things that aren't true.
She called Casey mother of the year and the pizza smell, well,
you know what I mean.
Hoover stated in his depo he was never up there in Orlando on any weekdays except for the Suburban Dr search.
Dominic's company is called D&A Investigations, and from what I understand the "A" stands for associates. Hoover was not one of his associates.
If I were given a choice I would believe Hoover a thousand times more than Cindy........but that's just me.

It's not just you, it's me too!

He told LE that Dc didn't know he was being taped for awhile and ask him what he was doing and he told him that he was videoing.

Right---Wrong?

IIRC, he told LE DC knew he was filming from the start, and if I'm not wrong, DC is showing him things to video for him. I think he was entirely consistent in both of his "statements".

I am only responding to what I know, I didn't put the press release out, just posted it for others to see.

Saying that he was working in the capacity of a Security Guard doesn't fly with me. Don't get me wrong as I applaud him for coming forward with the tape.

I understand, and I am sorry I put it that way...I'm feeling real bad for JH tonight and am really hoping he is not alone and devastated.

I'm not even sure it could be established he was "working" in the formal sense of the word. Though I'm sure it could be argued that he was "working", though on a voluntary basis. I only ever saw him in the driveway and LE didn't seem to think he spent much time in the home, which made me think he was being used as a bit of a lackey, and I mean that with the deepest of respect to JH, who comes across to me as a kind hearted man.

Right---Wrong?
I remember, and my memory may be faulty, that JH told LE that DC did know he was video taping, never told him to stop or wasn't surprised by it (as DC claimed to LE). JH told JM that he told DC he was going to video tape, I don't remember JH saying that DC asked him to though. It was as if it was no secret and there were no voiced problems by DC while JH was filming, according to JH.

OK now I am getting confused, it occured to me that maybe JH did say to JM, at one point, that DC said something like come over here and tape this, while DC was searching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?
Back