Florida Association of Private Investigators Deplores Reports of Unlicensed Activity

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am only responding to what I know, I didn't put the press release out, just posted it for others to see.

Saying that he was working in the capacity of a Security Guard doesn't fly with me. Don't get me wrong as I applaud him for coming forward with the tape.

If I member right---he didn't just turn the tape in. He showed part of the tape to Paddy--->LP and Paddy told him to turn it over to LE/FBI and when Hoover walked away then Paddy called Savage and told him about it. Then they went to Hoover. Seems like Paddy said that Hoover was gonna sell the video. I member Paddy saying this on NG before the tape popped up.

I understand, and I am sorry I put it that way...I'm feeling real bad for JH tonight and am really hoping he is not alone and devastated.

I'm not even sure it could be established he was "working" in the formal sense of the word. Though I'm sure it could be argued that he was "working", though on a voluntary basis. I only ever saw him in the driveway and LE didn't seem to think he spent much time in the home, which made me think he was being used as a bit of a lackey, and I mean that with the deepest of respect to JH, who comes across to me as a kind hearted man.
I only watched the beginning of the depo...and to be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this guy. I definitely don't believe he worked as a "security guard". BTW, if George wanted security for the family, why didn't he draw upon the resources that were available to him? Wasn't he a security guard at the time Caylee went missing?

LOL...it wasn't too difficult to find reference to the PIs and what a bang up job they were doing...now I have to go back and read JH's transcript 'cause I sure do have a lot of unanswered questions.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18188923/detail.html

"but said a team of private investigators are working on a new lead that could lead to the discovery of the girl."

Ahhhhhhhhh!!! GA was just acting like a big shot. He also said the people who kidnapped "his g/d" were being watched.

"but said a team of private investigators are working on a new lead that could lead to the discovery of the girl."

Ahhhhhhhhh!!! GA was just acting like a big shot. He also said the people who kidnapped "his g/d" were being watched.
Wouldn't you just love to have someone ask them (the PIs) about that? I want these "investigators" outed so badly.

I only watched the beginning of the depo...and to be honest, I'm not sure how I feel about this guy. I definitely don't believe he worked as a "security guard". BTW, if George wanted security for the family, why didn't he draw upon the resources that were available to him? Wasn't he a security guard at the time Caylee went missing?

Yep, he was. I guess they weren't willing to volunteer to help him out.

You might be right...maybe JH & DC knew they weren't doing things properly, so decided to come up with this story. But why I think they didn't, is IIRC, he wasn't in the house much, and I think he told LE he'd only been inside a few times and they seemed to accept that....and it did seem to me he was kept out of the loop by DC, but I may be wrong.

It's worth watching more of the video I think...he gets better when it gets to the case, as opposed to his own background. Maybe he did think he may be in trouble with his license and that's why he wasn't answering the early questions well?

Yep, he was. I guess they weren't willing to volunteer to help him out.

You might be right...maybe JH & DC knew they weren't doing things properly, so decided to come up with this story. But why I think they didn't, is IIRC, he wasn't in the house much, and I think he told LE he'd only been inside a few times and they seemed to accept that....and it did seem to me he was kept out of the loop by DC, but I may be wrong.

It's worth watching more of the video I think...he gets better when it gets to the case, as opposed to his own background. Maybe he did think he may be in trouble with his license and that's why he wasn't answering the early questions well?

Yup...that's my thinking as well. Someone had at least coached him on that.

Yup...that's my thinking as well. Someone had at least coached him on that.

I think that's a real possibility. But on the flip side, I also know he is bound by rules of confidentiality (though not legal privilege), and perhaps his concern was disclosing the names of people who employed him, the jobs he worked etc, and wanted to get advice before he made that public.

At this stage, I am giving JH the benefit of the doubt, though I have no doubt about DC. I keep coming back to the fact he showed up for the TES search...to me that says he cared more about Caylee than the As, and I think his behaviour since breaking from the pack, at least so far as co-operating with LE goes, has been admirable. I suspect the As and DC put a lot of pressure on him to get rid of that video before LE got it, he even lied about it being erased to appease them until he gave it to LE. I do feel very sorry for him. He may have made some mistakes in his life, but in relation to this case, other than getting involved with the As to begin with (which I'm sure he now regrets), I don't think he's done anything immoral or illegal and admire his courage for breaking from the pack.

I think JB is juuuust starting to realise how FOOLISH he was for not letting KC sign the form that states that ZFG is not the Zanni the nanny. These depo's are CRUCIFYING the perp. Tee hee hee.

Where my brother said he was the MOST STUPID and his lack of experience showed up is by filing a counter suit which opened the entire case up to depositions.

And that she had been MOVED 9 times................

Next week, Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney, plans to depose the Anthony's former volunteer security guard, James Hoover.

Baez said he wants to probe more deeply in to why Hoover and private investigator Dominic Casey searched the woods where Caylee's remains were later found.

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/19028964/detail.html

Let's hope that Hoover has an attorney with him for this depo, if he doesn't, he's a fool.

And that she had been MOVED 9 times................
I wonder if all this will be brought up at trial. Like...George...who told you that your granddaughter had been moved 9 times? I can think of quite a few more statements that made me go "huh?" Wonder if the State can use it all to show that the family made up stories to cover Casey's guilt? Most of the stuff is just plain unadulterated fiction. I'd like to see the prosecutor ask why they found a need to manufacture these tales...could it be George, you would do anything to detract others from looking at who was the true perpetrator of the crime...and why oh why George would you NEED to do that if you believed your daughter was innocent?

I wonder if all this will be brought up at trial. Like...George...who told you that your granddaughter had been moved 9 times? I can think of quite a few more statements that made me go "huh?" Wonder if the State can use it all to show that the family made up stories to cover Casey's guilt? Most of the stuff is just plain unadulterated fiction. I'd like to see the prosecutor ask why they found a need to manufacture these tales...could it be George, you would do anything to detract others from looking at who was the true perpetrator of the crime...and why oh why George would you NEED to do that if you believed your daughter was innocent?

Don't know if it will be brought up during the trial but I bet you that Morgan will ask all kids of goodies like that. Gonna enjoy the depos of CA and GA. ESP CA.

Don't know if it will be brought up during the trial but I bet you that Morgan will ask all kids of goodies like that. Gonna enjoy the depos of CA and GA. ESP CA.
I can't wait either...though I think there will be A LOT of questions their attorney will not allow them to answer.

I can't wait either...though I think there will be A LOT of questions their attorney will not allow them to answer.

ITA. Though I fear Cindy or George will pull a stunt to try to get out of the depos on the 9th and wonder if they are already setting it up with Cindy looking so sullen in her last tv appearance and her lawyer feeling it necessary to contact the press to tell them why.

If he objects to a lot, then hopefully JM will get the Court to order them to answer.

Do we know if DC has re-scheduled his?...any statement from JM about this after he didn't show?

This is a great question! Can a witness be asked about statements made to the media? I would think not because they're not sworn statements but I know next to nothing about the law. It would be great if the SA could point out the inconsistencies and flat-out BS!

Can one of the legal eagles help out here?

This is a great question! Can a witness be asked about statements made to the media? I would think not because they're not sworn statements but I know next to nothing about the law. It would be great if the SA could point out the inconsistencies and flat-out BS!

Can one of the legal eagles help out here?

They can be asked about any/all of their inconsistent statements.

If JH and by association DC/JH were not working legally (meaning they were not licensed properly) is DC still bound by privilege? Does he still have that protection if he was subcontracting (meaning hiring) in a manner that is not permitted by the law??

LEGAL PROBLEMS for BOTH J Hoover and D Casey:

(1) if J Hoover was obtaining information/creating video, etc., while out in the field with D Casey, but he was not retained by an attorney or a licensed class A PI to do so (which we all know he was NOT,) and was doing it on his own (which he has already testified was the case,) then, at the end of the road and insofar as it may affect Casey's defense, there's no work product privilege re: JH's information/videotapes, such as there is re: D Casey's information/videotapes, and, what's BAD FOR D. CASEY HERE IS THAT:

(2) it leads to the inescapable conclusion that D Casey has screwed up royally by allowing someone who's not been retained by him to participate while he was working for someone else. I note here that if D Casey was, at the time that J Hoover was with him searching, retained by a non-lawyer, then there's really no issue at all here insofar as Casey's defense goes, because a PI's work is only covered by the attorney work product privilege when employed by an attorney, ergo, if D Casey were employed at this time by the Anthony family - anything D Casey learned/found is discoverable by the SA anyway. (No harm no foul really.) If, however, it is revealed that at the time of the searches on Suburban that D Casey was employed by JBaez, then it's an altogether different situation and D Casey had better find an attorney - FAST - for his allowing J Hoover to particiate while he worked!!! :doh:

Whole discussion here re: what/when the attorney work product covers PI's work, tapes, etc.:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3545348#post3545348

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?