Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Advent still have drive up testing without doc prescription? Or does ANYWHERE now?

Or was that just a one off state/government sponsered surveillance attempt as was done ? at the Villages?

Was just wondering if and where drive up testing without a script is being done at this time.

Yes, however it depends on what area in FL. Below is Orange county.... Google- Drive thru Florida Covid-19 with or with out script.

More COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Sites Opening Across Orange County
Example:
ORLANDO, Fla. — As the number of Florida COVID-19 cases continue to grow, more testing sites are opening across Orange County.

AdventHealth opened a COVID-19 drive-thru testing site on Wednesday at the Mall at Millenia.

Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus can come to the popular Central Florida mall for a drive-thru screening. The testing site opens from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

AdventHealth stated in a news release that there will be no costs for the test, regardless of a person's insurance status and the company will cover the cost for those who do not have insurance.

Testing results are expected within two to three days, AdventHealth stated.

"Those tested will receive a text message with instructions on how to retrieve the results. Those who test positive will receive a call from a nurse to review the results and provide care instructions," stated the company.

AdventHealth did not state how many tests will be available.

The company opened its first drive-up testing site on Friday at the Daytona International Speedway, where more than 1,300 people were tested.

Stay safe

Does Advent still have drive up testing without doc prescription? Or does ANYWHERE now?

Or was that just a one off state/government sponsered surveillance attempt as was done ? at the Villages?

Was just wondering if and where drive up testing without a script is being done at this time.
This is all I’m aware of, maybe someone has other info:

UF had one at the Villages, but it was shut down.

Advent has drive ups but you have to meet CDC requirements to be tested.

ETA: just saw Steph posted about this at the same time

Yes, however it depends on what area in FL. Below is Orange county.... Google- Drive thru Florida Covid-19 with or with out script.

More COVID-19 Drive-Thru Testing Sites Opening Across Orange County
Example:
ORLANDO, Fla. — As the number of Florida COVID-19 cases continue to grow, more testing sites are opening across Orange County.

AdventHealth opened a COVID-19 drive-thru testing site on Wednesday at the Mall at Millenia.

Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of the coronavirus can come to the popular Central Florida mall for a drive-thru screening. The testing site opens from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Wednesday.

AdventHealth stated in a news release that there will be no costs for the test, regardless of a person's insurance status and the company will cover the cost for those who do not have insurance.

Testing results are expected within two to three days, AdventHealth stated.

"Those tested will receive a text message with instructions on how to retrieve the results. Those who test positive will receive a call from a nurse to review the results and provide care instructions," stated the company.

AdventHealth did not state how many tests will be available.

The company opened its first drive-up testing site on Friday at the Daytona International Speedway, where more than 1,300 people were tested.

Stay safe

Thanks, I just found this on their site which has more updated information Coronavirus (COVID-19) Screening and Testing

My question, why doesn't EVERY state have a listing of where to get tests... for transparency of approved sites? I think I'll head to the main thread and also ask this question.

Florida coronavirus cases push past 28,800 as death toll hits 960

Florida’s Department of Health on Thursday morning confirmed 256 additional cases of COVID-19, bringing the state total of confirmed cases to 28,832. The statewide death toll is nearing 1,000, with 33 new deaths announced. The toll is now at 960.

Of the new deaths, 25 were in South Florida.

Six women between the ages of 51 and 98 and two men, a 65-year-old and a 75-year-old, died in Miami-Dade County, bringing the county’s death toll to 260, the state’s highest count.

Seven men between the ages of 54 and 91 and two women, a 75-year-old and a 91-year-old, died in Broward, raising the county’s toll to 156. Eight people between the ages of 50 and 97 died in Palm Beach County, raising the county’s toll to 143.

The other deaths were in Charlotte, Lake, Lee, Manatee, Martin, Polk and St. Lucie counties.

Of the total new cases, 252 are Florida residents and four are non-residents who were diagnosed or isolated in the state. Of the total statewide cases, 28,043 are Florida residents and 789 are non-residents.

Health officials say the state has had 4,509 hospitalizations relating to COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus.

The statewide and county-level data for COVID-19 hospitalizations includes anyone who was hospitalized during their illness and “does not reflect the number of people currently hospitalized,” according to Florida’s Department of Health.

The state says it does not “have a figure” to reflect current hospitalization data.

More @ link
Stay Safe

FLORIDA PUSHES TO REOPEN ECONOMY. IS IT TOO SOON?
Gov. Ron DeSantis holds a conference call with the Re-Open Florida Task Force at the Capitol on Monday, April 20, 2020. Tori Lynn Schneider TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT VIA AP

Despite the daily reports of additional confirmed cases and deaths, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis announced earlier this week that the state’s coronavirus curve had flattened.

But health experts are concerned the statewide total of confirmed cases is significantly undercounted because Florida reports only the number of Floridians waiting to hear test results from state labs, not private ones — and private labs are completing more than 90% of state tests.

The results of thousands of pending tests from private labs have taken as long as two weeks to be added to the state’s official count. The state’s website does not say its figures exclude the vast majority of pending tests for the novel coronavirus.

On Wednesday, DeSantis announced two new contracts with laboratories that will increase COVID-19 testing capacity by 18,000 samples per day by using rapid tests that provide results in one or two days. More than 10 new walk-up sites would also be set up in Miami-Dade, Hillsborough, Duval, Leon and Orange counties in the coming weeks, he said.

Three drive-thru testing sites in Miami-Dade — Marlins Park, the Youth Fair site at Tamiami Park and the South Dade Government Center — are also beginning to schedule free retesting appointments Thursday. The appointments are for those who previously tested positive for COVID-19 and wanted to be retested again to see if they were cured.

Previously, retesting for the disease was not allowed at the free drive-thru sites, forcing people to seek second tests from private healthcare providers.

DeSantis is also expecting to receive a list of recommendations Friday from the Re-Open Florida Task Force, which had its first meeting Monday on how the state can reopen. On Wednesday, the task force — composed of lawmakers and executives from large corporations — said it needed advice from doctors on what safety measures re-opened businesses would have to follow.

Counties and cities across the state have also begun to re-open beaches with limited access in an attempt to return life back to normalcy. In Miami-Dade, the plan so far is to allow parks, marinas and golf courses to reopen in the near future but not beaches.

People flocked to Jacksonville Beach on Friday, April 17, 2020, immediately after it reopened at 5 p.m. Governor Ron DeSantis gave the green light for some beaches and parks to reopen if it can be done safely and respecting social distancing guidelines. (Will Dickey/The Florida Times-Union via AP) Will Dickey AP

Monroe County leaders are also starting to work on a “framework” to relax restrictions for residents along the island chain but say there is no predicted date as to when it will happen. Unlike the rest of South Florida, the Florida Keys haven’t reported a new confirmed case of COVID-19 since Saturday but is “not yet in recovery mode,” according to a Monroe County spokeswoman.

Officials say the island chain will likely not reopen to visitors until its neighboring counties to the north, including Miami-Dade, significantly ease their COVID-19 restrictions.

The push to reopen Florida and several other states comes after millions in the country were left unemployed as businesses shuttered their doors during stay-at-home and shelter-in-place orders.

As of Thursday morning, the United States has had more than 842,620 confirmed cases of the disease, more than other country, according to Johns Hopkins University & Medicine in Maryland, which is tracking county-by-county data in the U.S. Of the known U.S. cases, 76,614 have recovered.

Miami-Dade County, which has the highest number of confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths in Florida, is ranked at No. 16 in the university’s list of counties with the most COVID-19 cases in the U.S.

While some support the country’s economic reopening and have even started holding protests to end the stay-at-home and shelter-in-place orders, others worry it’s too soon.

The United States would have to significantly increase testing, tracing and its supported isolation abilities before the country would be able to end its quarantine safely, according to a Harvard University report reviewed by ABC News.

CONFIRMED COVID-19 CASES IN SOUTH FLORIDA
As of Thursday morning, here’s what Florida’s Department of Health data showed:

Miami-Dade County had 67 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19, raising the county total to 10,356 confirmed cases. Of those cases, 10,234 are residents, 121 are non-residents and one is a resident who is not in Florida. Those who have fallen ill range from 0 to 103. (A person who is listed as age zero means they are less than 1.) The county has had 1,139 hospitalizations and 260 deaths, Florida’s highest death toll.

Broward County reported 61 additional confirmed cases, raising the county total of confirmed cases to 4,315. Health officials say 4,192 are residents and 123 are non-residents. Those who have fallen ill range from 0 to 102. The county has had 827 hospitalizations and 156 deaths.

Palm Beach County had 55 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19, raising the county total to 2,468. Health officials say 2,411 are residents, 55 are non-residents and two are residents who are not in Florida. Those who have fallen ill range from 0 to 104. The county has had 395 hospitalizations and 143 deaths.

Monroe County did not report any additional confirmed cases of the disease. The county has 73 known cases of COVID-19. Only eight of them are non-residents. Those who have fallen ill range from age 6 to 80. The Florida Keys have had three deaths and 11 hospitalizations.

Stay Safe
Steph/out

I still think that the count is way off.

Why?

1. Many people who live in Dade, and Broward county do not drive.
2. The elderly population there, in Dade and Broward, often have additional health problems, many are on oxygen.
3. The undocumented population will never believe that they can get tested and ICE won't show up on their doorstep. Can't say that I blame them.
4. The minority population in Dade county, a lot of elderly black folks, many grew up in the "Jim Crow" era, pre-civil rights days.

These are good people, not a lot of education. They have a huge mistrust of government programs. They won't get tested if they are sick. And more than likely, will just be cremated without testing.

This isn't political. Just that I know these folks in Little Haiti, Overton, Liberty City. I worked with them, and they really need help. So many get the bare minimum of Social Security. They don't have bank accounts. They are invisible to so many. I am very positive that this population will be completely uncounted.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article242225176.html

Oh, I am SO GLAD that the Homeowners Association of Fisher Island were able to get a two million dollar "Paycheck Protection" grant from the government.

So that the private golf course could continue their lawn maintenance, during this pandemic. Or whatever else the workers on the island do...

Sarasota County has posted signs that public beaches are still closed - saw one today when I went to Walgreen's after work - sign is by Rt 41.

Had to get some basic essentials: toilet paper, paper towels, rocket fuel, and chocolate. Was surprised they still had Easter candy on sale so I took advantage of that...

I wonder how long this line will be.
Marriage anyone?

Florida county offers drive-thru weddings due to coronavirus

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A county clerk's office in north Florida is giving a second chance to couples whose wedding plans were cancelled or postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Alachua County Clerk of Court office will host drive-thru wedding ceremonies outside the courthouse on the evening of April 30.

The ceremonies are set to begin at 5 p.m. and anyone interested in participating is being asked to call for an appointment, the Gainesville Sun reported. The couples should arrive at the location about 15 minutes before their scheduled ceremony.

The ceremony costs $30, and is payable by cash or credit card.
How much is Elvis?

Oh, I am SO GLAD that the Homeowners Association of Fisher Island were able to get a two million dollar "Paycheck Protection" grant from the government.

So that the private golf course could continue their lawn maintenance, during this pandemic. Or whatever else the workers on the island do...
I read somewhere that part time landscapers at this one company, chose not to come back to work. The $600 + the unemployment is more money than what they would make working. The owner they interviewed was so frustrated. If I find the interview I’ll link it. Otherwise JMO!

Sarasota County has posted signs that public beaches are still closed - saw one today when I went to Walgreen's after work - sign is by Rt 41.

Had to get some basic essentials: toilet paper, paper towels, rocket fuel, and chocolate. Was surprised they still had Easter candy on sale so I took advantage of that...
I had to go to CVS on my way to treatment today. I found Easter candy too. Peeps!

A funny peep story: Last week I went to treatment, fed our foster dog Athena her calming treats. She cries when I leave. It irritates my kid who doesn’t want to dog sit at 6:00am. All of a sudden, Athena gets really quiet, my kid opens her door to look. Catches Athena snagging an open, almost empty box of peeps off the counter! Athena makes a beeline to the lanai and scarfs them down. So her and my kid “had a talk.” I’m not sure it was effective because it included belly rubs. But I could be wrong too. LOL!

Attachments

• 33D5DC38-3AB9-44DF-8CF3-987A283981CE.jpeg
    33D5DC38-3AB9-44DF-8CF3-987A283981CE.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 16
I read somewhere that part time landscapers at this one company, chose not to come back to work. The $600 + the unemployment is more money than what they would make working. The owner they interviewed was so frustrated. If I find the interview I’ll link it. Otherwise JMO!

Well, they are gonna have to give the money back...

I’m not really sure how it works. I thought because the $600 came from fed funds, and the unemployment came from state funds, they didn’t affect one another. I’d have to read up on it.

No, the Home Association on Fisher Island. They don't have the employees.

That whole "$600 a week" thing is sort of messed up. So many employers are having problems with employees who are making more money on unemployment benefits now, than actually working.

Apparently one business got the "Paycheck Protection Loan", to be able to pay the employees, and they were mad. They don't want their paychecks, they make more money on unemployment.

$2400 a month, plus the weekly benefit amount. That is a lot of money.

Shucks.

IMO this article is questioning if they should keep the fed loan it applied for in this affluent area where it seems that HOAs and memberships already pay for it’s employees.

Approved for $2M federal loan, Fisher Island now asking residents whether to accept it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298